Bangkok Bank Pathetic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will answer all this on Monday as today I am accessing from my BB. But I do need to point out again that the statistics I quote are from BangkokBank.Com which is open, non autheticated and a high percentage of the customers do not have accounts with is. So they don't use our online transaction services. So this is absolulte relevant data

No really need. My point was that if Bangkok bank is known for not supporting linux, the users will not go to the site and look for alternatives instead. You would have to look some other bank weblogs to see if they have more linux users. :) I wish that the iBiz service is available for linux as well. I had similar case with Singapore DBS bank and at the end of the day they did fixed their internet banking system to support also linux. I was not the only one to give suggestions.

Anyway. As an business owner and an customer of Bangkok Bank I wish that my bank would make the web services available for any operating system. Bangkok bank does make money with my money and therefore I'm also paying with the service.

If and when there is better alternatives I will move my business account to another bank if there is still not support from Bangkok Bank. Simple as that. As a technical person I can give recommendations to the people who are in the internet business. I will recommend the service which I'm happy to use.

And please do not get me wrong. I bow to you for sharing the internal plans with this forum. That's more that any other bank has done. Bangkok Bank is pretty close to be the best business banking service in Thailand. Just fix the minor problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Really quick post just to close this thread out, this weekend we rollout out new releases of Biz (Business iBanking) and regular Consumer iBanking. Now you can use FireFox as promised on Biz (it was supported already on IB).

We continue to add new Browser and OS combinations as driven by the market. As I said before we block browsers which are not certified. Clearly customers can set their browsers to mimic IE and there is not much we can do to prevent it (pretty much all have this capability including Safari) but if you run into a problem that is not a fully supported option.

Ian

I Think that "BB" is better than any other bank in Thailand.This is after two other accounts with "SCB & K-Bank,the latter has done "Zero" for me and the 6 millionTHb i have deposited over that time period.Bankok Banks main Silom branch can & will set up Internet banking.I was not charged for that service.I have both Govt. & private direct deposits being taken care of by "BB".I must say,that the service was very good,as was their "English speaking staff" "zero" problems.If one is going to live here,than you need to loose your attitudes about what you think is owed to you by Thai business and Thai people in general.Living in a country that is not your own,presents lots of problems and confusion.My problems have always been around my need to have things done my way,and the language barriers.I always go with a Thai native speaker if their is a need to talk with the "Big Boss",and that has proved to be a very wise choice.If i need to converse in English,than i go to the main branch and ask for help.It is helpful to ask,rather than demand for service.Thai people love to assist you .I have had worse service in America for every kind of banking issue i can think of.Thailand is growing up,and its people our learning.Making blanket statements about two minor banking issues has no merit.I still bank with K-Bank,but i do not bother fighting over issues that will not be resolved by me getting "Jai ron".Thai people our more helpful if you just go about it their way,as it is their country & culture.Jai yen,yen.

been with bangkok bank 7 years now,i banking and general,and i find there services superb,never ever had one proplem from the day i opened my account,and there ibanking is a god send,when your abroad.

Just transferred some money, by telegraphic transfer from my

St. George bank account to my Bangkok bank account.

It was completed in less than 90 minites.

Cost $20 Australian end and 227BHT Thailand end.

Can’t complain about that.

Kevin