Wife Support Visa, Marriage Visa,

Went to Thai immigration Bangkok Tuesday to apply for a wife support visa, I had all the correct paper work, documents photos everything that is required, I have a current retirement visa, the Officer asked why I wanted a wife support visa, I said it would be more convenient for me, the officer told me I should not apply for a wife support visa but stay with my retirement visa, after a lot of nice talking back and froth the officer informed me I had to write a letter to the immigration and state why I wanted a wife support visa, because the wife or spouse support visa is discretionary I know no matter what the reason I gave the visa would not be granted, anyone had the same experience ??

It is not a visa but an extension of stay and it would have been approved but only after a 30 day review. You did have your wife with you? That is a requirement. If your finances allowed retirement can understand the question of why. Did you meet retirement and obtain that or just leave with nothing?

Immigration will prefer an Extension based on Retirement as it means a lot less work for them.

If you met the financial requirements for retirement they will push you down that route.

If you did not they would have to issue the Marriage Extension providing you had the correct paperwork.