Breakfast In Pattaya

nahpets2011

Your biased opinions on Casa Pascal and the negative remarks on their clientel suck. It serves decent food, good value in a nice atmosphere. Did you run out of Prozac or have you always been this sweet mouthed?

Nope , I just like good food and Casa Pascal is low quality slop no matter how you try and spin it.

Take a wiff of that Rocky guy if you need proof.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never been to Casa Pascal but for the price I doubt that it is very good.

With so much food on offer at such low prices the quality just can't be great.

I have no interest in this place nor do I know the operator but if you haven't tried it how can you say the food can't be great? It's like saying any bar that sells 40 baht beer is a crap bar. The food is good with Scandanavian type appetizers, custom order eggs and meats etc and unlimited custom made coffee. It sure as h_ll beats the Lek or Apex (and thats from experience not hearsay) plus it is classier inside with tableclothes and airconditioning. B)

Your biased opinions on Casa Pascal and the negative remarks on their clientel suck. It serves decent food, good value in a nice atmosphere. Did you run out of Prozac or have you always been this sweet mouthed?

Nope , I just like good food and Casa Pascal is low quality slop no matter how you try and spin it.

Take a wiff of that Rocky guy if you need proof.

I have eaten there a few times, cant really complain on the quality / value .

Good coffee, bread etc.

I am more into my English breakfast though, so no beans, proper sausage or HP sauce stops me from going more often.

Can't see how you think your view of one of the customers is any proof of the food quality?????

I have never been to Casa Pascal but for the price I doubt that it is very good.

I have no interest in this place nor do I know the operator but if you haven't tried it how can you say the food can't be great? It's like saying any bar that sells 40 baht beer is a crap bar. The food is good with Scandanavian type appetizers, custom order eggs and meats etc and unlimited custom made coffee. It sure as h_ll beats the Lek or Apex (and thats from experience not hearsay) plus it is classier inside with tableclothes and airconditioning. B)

I can easily say it cant be great based on price.

It might be reasonable but it aint going to be great for circa 180b.

Maybe The Mantra breakfast is great and it should be for the price you are paying.

Edited by Tolley

Casa Pascal is significantly more expensive than many other breakfast places. Nearly double the price of some other perfectly decent places in fact.

There is no reason why they cant provide decent quality for that price, and indeed they do.

I have been there.

Casa Pascal is significantly more expensive than many other breakfast places. Nearly double the price of some other perfectly decent places in fact.

There is no reason why they cant provide decent quality for that price, and indeed they do.

I have been there.

Is the quality of the food any better say than the Pig n Whistle which is good for standard pub fare breakfast?

<br />
<br /><i>The problem with a lot of these places in and around Soi Bukhoa / LK Metro & Soi Diana is the lack of parking facilities if you're in a car.....</i><br />
<br /><br />One of the advantages of living within walking distance. I'm all of 3 minutes stroll from there.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm 10-15 mins walk from there, but a lot of these places are still worth it.

I had the Large English BF at Le Katai today - 150 baht and very filling, even if sausages are not top notch.

Other things I noticed were the staff are very good, orange juice is real OJ plus you get 30 mins free internet access after yr meal- bargain !

Simon

i like the 99 baht brekkie in there my favourite. Oj toast, brekkie and 2 cups tea. i had wi fi on all time, best staff i have seen, on the ball all the time and cute. did not realise internet was timed, my phone shows open, so i assumed free usage. can it be timed, just curious

Is the quality of the food any better say than the Pig n Whistle which is good for standard pub fare breakfast?

I couldn't say, as I have never been to the Pig N Whistle.

What I would say is that Casa Pascal have things that one wouldnt normally find in either a buffet or set breakfast: yoghurt (many flavours), real croissants, good fresh bread (assorted), good butter, real honey, proper espresso coffee, fancy teas, home-made cakes and desserts, smoked fish with horseradish cream, etc. etc., not to mention the regular eggs, bacon, bbq, waffles, etc. all done to order. What you dont get is a standard British fry-up, so it really cant be compared with that. Anyone wanting beans and fried bread will be sorely disappointed.

The Hilton does a decent daily lunch buffet with good ingredients for 330B. I see no reason why Casa Pascal cant do a decent brunch buffet with good ingredients for 190.

What I would say is that Casa Pascal have things that one wouldnt normally find in either a buffet or set breakfast: yoghurt (many flavours), real croissants, good fresh bread (assorted), good butter, real honey, proper espresso coffee, fancy teas, home-made cakes and desserts, smoked fish with horseradish cream, etc. etc., not to mention the regular eggs, bacon, bbq, waffles, etc. all done to order. What you dont get is a standard British fry-up, so it really cant be compared with that. Anyone wanting beans and fried bread will be sorely disappointed.

The Hilton does a decent daily lunch buffet with good ingredients for 330B. I see no reason why Casa Pascal cant do a decent brunch buffet with good ingredients for 190.

I think you need to broaden your horizons in terms of breakfasts. If you have not been to the Pig & Whistle (nor I suspect the Queen Vic, Tropical Berts, Sportsman, 18 Coins or Caddyshack) then your opinion will be somewhat one-dimensional (as indeed your comments are about Casa Pascal - are you the proprietor by any chance ? :whistling:)

OK just returned from breakfast, I know 5pm.

This is without doubt IMO the best English breaky in Pattaya, taking into account price v quality quantity etc.

I too like Le Katai and go there often but this place is just the nads at 120B.

2 eggs, big fat juicy quality sausage, 2-3 Bacon, Beans, Tomato, 2 thick good quality Toast, Butter jam HP, Tea or Coffee.

Great friendly service, too friendly as I can never just eat and leave.

Would go there more often but I always seem to end up with a bottle of sangsom chatting to the girls, value too at 250B for a small set.

They also have a great burger and a daily special at 99B.

Just can't seem to order anything but the breaky though since trying it.

All in all a great friendly relaxed bar with great food.

Darkside, Route CC soi siam country club.

Edited by kevkev1888

I think you need to broaden your horizons in terms of breakfasts. If you have not been to the Pig & Whistle (nor I suspect the Queen Vic, Tropical Berts, Sportsman, 18 Coins or Caddyshack) then your opinion will be somewhat one-dimensional (as indeed your comments are about Casa Pascal - are you the proprietor by any chance ? :whistling:)

Why on earth would I want to broaden my horizons in terms of breakfast? I eat what I like and I know where to find it.

I dont like British fry-ups and I do not hide the fact. I've not been to any of the places you mention and probably never will. But I do make it very clear that I haven't been to them, and I also make it clear that as a result I have no comment to make about them. If someone can recommend a place where I can eat and drink what I like for a price not exceeding the the cost of Casa Pascal or Diana Dragon, I will go and try it. But as someone who likes at least three cups of coffee, I certainly wont be going anywhere that charges by the cup, and I suspect that eliminates all the places you mention.

Seems reasonable to me.

As for Casa Pascal, I used to go there once a week but haven't been for some time, for various reasons. I will probably go again at some point. I am not the owner nor am I in any way related to him.

I agree about the juice. I've never had any juice in Thailand that I would describe as "good". Acceptable is about the best I've come across.

American breakfast seems to involve ham and waffles, neither of which would appear in an English one. The English one might have things like beans, black sausage, mushrooms, tomato and fried bread, none of which would probably be in the US version.

Apart from that they are similar, though there is no fixed menu for breakfast.

Can someone point out the difference between american vs english breakfast ?

On another note i think the quality of orange juice is important to me, and belucky has the best i tried,

yes, i eat at home.

One major difference is the quality of the bacon. That streaky stuff the Americans cook to a crisp is reserved for wrapping sausages and stuff at Xmas. Also we Brits tend not to have desert items on the same plate as our main courses, maple syrup, slice of orange and pieces of fruit with fried food.....................Forgot to mention I have still not found anything near a real sausage south of the Canadian border.

Edited by RabC

Can someone point out the difference between american vs english breakfast ?

On another note i think the quality of orange juice is important to me, and belucky has the best i tried,

yes, i eat at home.

Personal taste, of course, but have you tried Brook ? I find their orange juice quite good and the grapefruit juice excellent.

British bacon is cut from a different part of the pig (back bacon), streaky American stuff is from the belly area. . A butcher would give you a more qualified answer.!!

Oh Brits generally do not have potatoes with breakfast, we save that for a later meal - bangers & mash.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by phutoie2

The minimum standard for a full English would be.

Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Beans, Toast,

You can add.

Tomato's (grilled or tined), Black pudding, Fried Bread, Mushrooms.

Potato can be included in the form of Fried potato's, bubble and squeak, chips, hash browns.

Tea and HP sauce are essential, tomato sauce optional.

Their are more regional variances Irish/welsh etc

Which may include kidneys, white pudding, potato bread, lava bread, soda bread.

post-60867-0-02273400-1316237372_thumb.j

Edited by kevkev1888

For the price, I don't think you can beat SeaSide restaurant...

Their "Full House" breakfast is a joke, i had to order 2 of them and still only had bacon enough for 3 bites,

meaning i had to get a real breakfast an hour later.

Not very different from other so called breakfast's tho, but still beats me why anyone would ever bother with such a joke for a meal

I've never been served less that 3-slices of bacon...yet you consumed that in '3 bites', ate the rest of their breakfast, ordered and ate a second breakfast at SeaSide, then went elsewhere for a another (3rd) breakfast.

You must be a 'big' eater! I've often see a few big eaters, _waddling_ around Pattaya. ;-)

Edited by LukDod

Its been a while since I had a breakfast in Pattaya but the best I have had is at Gregs Kitchen ,second road opposite soi6. Don't know it its still there but must have been going for well over 12 years. Great food.

Generally don't eat breakfast as I don't have time. If I do then its Masala Dosa at an Indian ;)

For the price, I don't think you can beat SeaSide restaurant...

Their "Full House" breakfast is a joke, i had to order 2 of them and still only had bacon enough for 3 bites,

meaning i had to get a real breakfast an hour later.

Not very different from other so called breakfast's tho, but still beats me why anyone would ever bother with such a joke for a meal

I've never been served less that 3-slices of bacon...yet you consumed that in '3 bites', ate the rest of their breakfast, ordered and ate a second breakfast at SeaSide, then went elsewhere for a another (3rd) breakfast.

You must be a 'big' eater! I've often see a few big eaters, _waddling_ around Pattaya. ;-)

Those bacons are cut in half to make it appear more, you are right i'm gettin fat,:( but i wasn't at the time i went there

and like i said, most places are cheap on bacon.

Those bacons are cut in half to make it appear more, you are right i'm gettin fat,:( but i wasn't at the time i went there

and like i said, most places are cheap on bacon.

Oh, well, poanoi...

you may be gaining weight, but that's of no concern to the ladies, they only want to know the weight of your wallet ;-)

I've somtimes had breakfast at the Soaps and Suds place on Soi 13/1. I'm not from the US but I enjoyed their food.

It no longer seems to open in the mornings and in the evenings seems to be staffed by a couple of local guys who, IMHO, aren't quite up to snuff.

Anyone know whats happened to the falang owner / manager of this place ?

In this weeks Pattaya Mail the place is on the market for 5 million - I can't quite see that happening :blink:

Simon

Generally don't eat breakfast as I don't have time. If I do then its Masala Dosa at an Indian

Sounds good to me.

Where do you go for that then, and what does it cost?

Over here in Singapore Darrel.

About $1.50 ( Bt 40 )

Thank you for the tip about Casa Pascal . They seem to have the kind of breakfast that are more similar to what we have in Scandinavia.

I will give it a try this weekend.

Thank you for the tip about Casa Pascal . They seem to have the kind of breakfast that are more similar to what we have in Scandinavia.

The style is probably nearer to Austria/Germany/Switzerland (with a nod to the US for the waffles and soft drinks) than Scandinavia, but I'm sure you will find some things to your taste.

It seems they have not just honey but two types of honey, and home-made jams also, which is quite exceptional for Pattaya.

If you think you might go back, remember to ask for a 10% loyalty card.