Kawasaki Klx250S Accessories And Parts

yannic

Where do I buy some accessories in Bangkok for the Kawasaki KLX250S?

In particular I am interested in a proper seat as the Kawa seat is horrible slim and my ass was painful after a few hours on the bike, I mean of course I could buy a Corbin seat from the US, but I would prefer if I could get a seat locally.

klx-corbin.jpg

Second accessory I am really interested is a proper rear rack like the Pro Moto Billet Cargo rack, that one I like very much. Alternatively a good looking powder coated rack. Not the 1,500 Baht cheap rack they sell at Kawasaki Ramkhamhaeng, that one will start rosting in a few days.

klx-rear-rack.jpg

Of course those are only the most important parts. And again of course I could order it from the US, but isn't there something available locally in good quality?

Thanks for any answer.

If you want to add some accessories what you think is really needed for the bike let me know what it is and post where I can get it in Thailand, specially in Bangkok. B)

Get referred to a local seat recovering shop that can make you a corbin look-a-like for a tenth of the price. My third remake of my D-Trackers seat is just started to split at a seam after 40,000 km of use. Only remade it thrice to get the perfect fit and shape.

Find a good stainless welding shop to build you a rack, and don't pay until the finished product meets your satisfaction.

This, pictured, was the 2nd redo, which had the good foam and a better shape, but with a stupid forward seam that allowed water in. The current redo was the most expensive at 600 baht, but doesn't induce rump tenderness till around 450 km in a day.

IMGP2569.jpg

Get referred to a local seat recovering shop that can make you a corbin look-a-like for a tenth of the price.

thanks for the picture and your answer. That of course is always an option. I had local machine shops when I lived in Manila make me a stainless steel carrier for a couple of times. But that involves spending a long time at the machine shop as they need to test and check and weld and check and so on. It took me a long time to have it done like I wanted it but again it does not look like the ones you can get in the US. As for the seat I tried that also but the outcome of the seat I got from the local shop was not satisfying so I never tried that again.

thanks for the picture and your answer. That of course is always an option. I had local machine shops when I lived in Manila make me a stainless steel carrier for a couple of times. But that involves spending a long time at the machine shop as they need to test and check and weld and check and so on. It took me a long time to have it done like I wanted it but again it does not look like the ones you can get in the US. As for the seat I tried that also but the outcome of the seat I got from the local shop was not satisfying so I never tried that again.

Your correct; the seat was remade three times to get it right (downward facing seams that don't stretch when you sit, etc) and the stainless rack I took in for welding, and changing of one cross piece, after taking it off to have the seat remade the first time and discover the original welds were lacking. :rolleyes: