Kawasaki Ksr 110

roadsaints

hey guys... i'm proud to be an owner of the kawasaki ksr as of today.

I've seen alot of these modified bikes around and i am wondering where i can go and get some accessories, a small rear seat for the missus... and also a "made in thailand" loud exhaust? I am living in the ratchada area and i am wondering if there are any shops around this area that offer the above services. and hopefully speak a little bit of english? any opinions are greatly appreciated! hope to hear from you guys soon! cheers jap.gif

YES YES AND YES :)

youre in one of the best areas for modifications to small bikes

ratchada soi 3 has a couple of shops ,some bigger than others ,2 on the left side after "RATCHADA RESORT " seem to be doing a roaring trade

continue down soi3 and make a right after "DISVAN PLACE" apartmennts ,follow the smal soi and make a right and drive straight onto pracha songkro

prachsa songkro is littered with little places to fit bicycle wheels on yr motorbike and noisy exhausts and neon lights

another option might be beter/cheaper is to get your parts online and bring them to any of these places to be fitted

(dont leave your bike out of your sight,just sit down and relax as if ur in your own house when they are working ,a thai friend told me some shops will

exchange every part they can with an inferior part from an older vehicle and keep the

best "new" parts of your vehicle for themselves )

YES YES AND YES :)

youre in one of the best areas for modifications to small bikes

ratchada soi 3 has a couple of shops ,some bigger than others ,2 on the left side after "RATCHADA RESORT " seem to be doing a roaring trade

continue down soi3 and make a right after "DISVAN PLACE" apartmennts ,follow the smal soi and make a right and drive straight onto pracha songkro

prachsa songkro is littered with little places to fit bicycle wheels on yr motorbike and noisy exhausts and neon lights

another option might be beter/cheaper is to get your parts online and bring them to any of these places to be fitted

(dont leave your bike out of your sight,just sit down and relax as if ur in your own house when they are working ,a thai friend told me some shops will

exchange every part they can with an inferior part from an older vehicle and keep the

best "new" parts of your vehicle for themselves )

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

I'm after an aftermarket shock, mx style bars and tail tidy (smaller stop light) for mine.

Most of the Thai sites are in Thai only (no English conversion) - and whereas my spoken Thai is passable, my ability to read Thai is non-existent. So it's good to know of some good local shops, Ratchada is pretty convenient for me as well - seeing as I am currently being based in Ladprao. I was pointed towards Ladprao 71 but after an afternoon riding around I found there wasn't much there, maybe they were shut?

In terms of exhausts, I bought a stock exhaust that had all of the restriction removed and the exit hole expanded. 1200 baht from Joe's bikes on RamIntra. The benefit of this is that it's looks completely stock but gives the bike a nice growl but not that nasty "open" sound that the locally made brands give. If the cops stop me then "it's stock", and if I have to do any tests I still have the original exhaust to put on it for the inspection. Cheap as chips as well. I wouldn't say the difference in performance was massive but the bike feels a bit better throughout the range which is nice as the KSR is a bit weak in stock form IMO.

Does anyone know if the er6n bars fit the KSR? I read they are stupidly cheap (like 500 baht or something) and the shape is pretty much what I want. If they're too wide I'll cut them down. Do they fit the KSR clamps?

You could try Fury Shop on Ngamwangwon Soi 2. The shop is on the left just as you turn into the soi. They specialize in KSR and PCX mods. They speak a little English, but you can also stop at my shop and I'll take you there. It is not far from here. Just send me a message if you are interested. Best of luck.

Brian

You could try Fury Shop on Ngamwangwon Soi 2. The shop is on the left just as you turn into the soi. They specialize in KSR and PCX mods. They speak a little English, but you can also stop at my shop and I'll take you there. It is not far from here. Just send me a message if you are interested. Best of luck.

Brian

thanks brian for the kind offer. where is your shop by the way?

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys

What is the current price of the KSR. My daughter has been on for one for sometime now. I popped into Pattaya yesterday and the Kawasaki Dealer quoted 69000 baht!! Any advice or links would be much appreciated.

CCFC1

Hi Guys

What is the current price of the KSR. My daughter has been on for one for sometime now. I popped into Pattaya yesterday and the Kawasaki Dealer quoted 69000 baht!! Any advice or links would be much appreciated.

CCFC1

My wife wanted a KSR very badly. Price quoted was 69,000 Bt. I suggested we rent on for a week to see how whe liked it. She wanted to use it as her run around bike. Taking daughter to school, grocery getter, etc. So we rented a KSR for a week. First day she drove it. Hard to kick start. Sometimes 10 to 20 kicks, which I am sure the local shop could fix, a strange shifter. Low top speed, low fuel economy, no real space for another person, (and Kawasaki does not recomend it) and no space for groceries. The bike sat the next 5 days until it was time to return it. She ended up with something else. They look cool, and have a zillion afternarket part but for day to day driving, for her it did not make much sense

Edited by JeffreyMcCollum

Hi Guys

CCFC1

My wife wanted a KSR very badly. Price quoted was 69,000 Bt. I suggested we rent on for a week to see how whe liked it. She wanted to use it as her run around bike. Taking daughter to school, grocery getter, etc. So we rented a KSR for a week. First day she drove it. Hard to kick start. Sometimes 10 to 20 kicks, which I am sure the local shop could fix, a strange shifter. Low top speed, low fuel economy, no real space for another person, (and Kawasaki does not recomend it) and no space for groceries. The bike sat the next 5 days until it was time to return it. She ended up with something else. They look cool, and have a zillion afternarket part but for day to day driving, for her it did not make much sense

what a coincidence, my girl is a big fan of ksr and want me to buy one for her.

so, it looks like all Thai girls are crazy about ksr including all the beauties i have seen sitting on the back of many ksr.wub.png

i think, it is a great bike for hunting girls on soi!!!

good luck.

Edited by loserlazer

Hi Guys

CCFC1

so, it looks like all Thai girls are crazy about ksr including all the beauties i have seen sitting on the back of many ksr.wub.png

good luck.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but there's a name for teenage girls that like riding them or being on the back of one, and it's not a nice name. wink.png

However, I do have one myself that is kept up country so I don't use it that much. Fun bike to ride but isn't very practical. I didn't have any issues with the kick start though. 69K sounds about right. It's not really worth the money but I could be wrong. I get the impression that it's bullet proof and will still be around long after my Honda scooter bites the dust.

Hi Guys

CCFC1

good luck.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but there's a name for teenage girls that like riding them or being on the back of one, and it's not a nice name. wink.png

However, I do have one myself that is kept up country so I don't use it that much. Fun bike to ride but isn't very practical. I didn't have any issues with the kick start though. 69K sounds about right. It's not really worth the money but I could be wrong. I get the impression that it's bullet proof and will still be around long after my Honda scooter bites the dust.

And what name is that and why?? I have a lightly modded ksr and my gf uses it more than me!! I find it too small for me and as such plan on buying myself a d tracker or crf and leave the ksr to the gf!!!

And what name is that and why?? I have a lightly modded ksr and my gf uses it more than me!! I find it too small for me and as such plan on buying myself a d tracker or crf and leave the ksr to the gf!!!

สก๊อย (skoi)

I was actually joking with my friend about the same thing and she got offended...closest thing in (American) English would be a hoodrat who sleeps with the winner of a motorcycle race. Perhaps not something you want your daughter/girlfriend (addressing multiple posters here!) to be associated with.

Hi Guys

CCFC1

Mine starts first kick, gets 50 kpl and top speed is around 90 which is enough on a small bike. Maybe the one you rented was trashed? It's not really intended for grocery shopping, they have the same issues as any bike without underseat storage or a basket on the front. They're just a small, fun, cool bike. Didn't know they were that expensive now, mine was 57k in 2007.

The ofher poster is right, they are bulletproof as they're based on the klx110 which is a kids dirt bike, so you can imagine how tough the engine needs to be. With a 6 litre tank and 50 kpl the range is pretty good as well. I use a small tank bag if I need to carry any kit.

สก๊อย (skoi)

I was actually joking with my friend about the same thing and she got offended...closest thing in (American) English would be a hoodrat who sleeps with the winner of a motorcycle race. Perhaps not something you want your daughter/girlfriend (addressing multiple posters here!) to be associated with.

To illustrate...

http://youtu.be/DfIjfzoCWYQ

Cheers for the above info. My daughter is half welsh half Thai, and more than a bit feisty. Probably destined to be more of a Tom boy than a Sagoi girl. Just spoke to her about the Sagoi girl label and she would have none of it, in fact we are still yapping about it now. Again thanks for the info, and i would like to go down the trial route of maybe renting one for a week, but pattaya is 20 miles away, and i don't think are rental places in my location.

CCFC1

Hi Guys

CCFC1

good luck.

it i snot my daughter, it is my girlfriend man. I am too young to have a daughter:)

so, it is a fact that thai girls like in all ages kawa krs...

It is just because it is trendy and normally alternative guys ride that bike with piercings, rockers etc.

it looks cool too.

Cheers for the above info. My daughter is half welsh half Thai, and more than a bit feisty. Probably destined to be more of a Tom boy than a Sagoi girl. Just spoke to her about the Sagoi girl label and she would have none of it, in fact we are still yapping about it now. Again thanks for the info, and i would like to go down the trial route of maybe renting one for a week, but pattaya is 20 miles away, and i don't think are rental places in my location.

CCFC1

Yeah, don't worry about the label; it's intended for the floozies who ride on the back. Go ahead and get her love of motorcycles started (my daughter who is only 4 loves riding on motorbikes also) and teach her safety. Too many parents are overly worried about their kids and the young 'uns end up suffering because they can't enjoy their childhood.

CCFC1

Yeah, don't worry about the label; it's intended for the floozies who ride on the back. Go ahead and get her love of motorcycles started (my daughter who is only 4 loves riding on motorbikes also) and teach her safety. Too many parents are overly worried about their kids and the young 'uns end up suffering because they can't enjoy their childhood.

Exactly Dave! for those that ride on the back. I will be getting it for her on Monday. There is a shop near me 69,900bt, so no need to go onto Pattaya.

CCFC1