Mitsubishi Ex Vs Chevy Cruze

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the leather interior is so ugly.. A+ for blue cloth though.

maybe the poster is showing his age ? was blue cloth and blue leather not from cars of the 70's and 80's ?

same era Toyota and Opel's had red cloth

Yea. I don't know what age he is, but if he thinks blue cloth looks better than my all black leather (which he couldn't see completely because it was a steering wheel picture), he is dreaming. He prefers the blue and black cloth. laugh.gif

Edited by thaicruze

How many Kms has it done starting to look a bit 'sat in' already or is there another reason for that?

What do you mean "sat in". Which picture are you talking about. one is mine the other is an internet picture.

This is mine

452e84c4-1.jpg

Do you think this looks "sat in"?

Edited by thaicruze

How many Kms has it done starting to look a bit 'sat in' already or is there another reason for that?

What do you mean "sat in". Which picture are you talking about. one is mine the other is an internet picture.

This is mine

452e84c4-1.jpg

I think he means the 'stretched' or 'slack' portion of the leather in your car on the drivers seat pictured from the drivers side and not the ones you posted when the seats were first installed which is what I mentioned early on would happen since the leather wasn't tufted and the seats are not stiff enough for the leather that has been sewn over cloth seat padding..

This one; 2011ChevyCruzeLTZFrontSeats001sm.jpg

I might also add that several members chastised me at the time for my being able to determine the firmness of the seats from a picture and make note of that but there you have it!

It's beginning already and it's going to pull the stitching out in short order as the stretching reaches it's limits..

Don't know about pic #2. It's from the internet/ My seats look the same as the day I got it.

Edited by thaicruze

This is mine

452e84c4-1.jpg

I think he means the 'stretched' or 'slack' portion of the leather in your car on the drivers seat pictured from the drivers side and not the ones you posted when the seats were first installed which is what I mentioned early on would happen since the leather wasn't tufted and the seats are not stiff enough for the leather that has been sewn over cloth seat padding..

I might also add that several members chastised me at the time for my being able to determine the firmness of the seats from a picture and make note of that but there you have it!

It's beginning already and it's going to pull the stitching out in short order as the stretching reaches it's limits..

common on sloppy aftermarket leather

was the fabric taken off the seats prior to installation?

just look at the pictures how much better factory leather looks when new, and couple of years later diffrence is huge

This is mine

452e84c4-1.jpg

common on sloppy aftermarket leather

was the fabric taken off the seats prior to installation?

just look at the pictures how much better factory leather looks when new, and couple of years later diffrence is huge

Yes but I was shot down for making that observation previously. Factory leather seats are always more firm to prevent the leather over- stretching cracking the color coating and tearing the seams out, the only time that's not the case is when the leather is tufted for more flex and comfort..

In this case though it seems I noticed after the fact that the leather in the shots is not the same car, but the observation is still the same and applies..

Edited by WarpSpeed

the Cruze's seats are hard as a rock. Leather or no leather. Doesn't matter.

O Dear will have to give the Cruxe a miss, 'seat hard as a rock' no thanks

I love them. Worst thing for your back is a mushy seat that will sink and have a hole in them. You sit in the Cruze, it is firm and great for your back.

They are firm and extremely well bolstered. You feel like you are in the cockpit of a fighter jet.

Speaking of which, the wife took the Cruze today and it is picking me up..

intheclub.gif

Edited by katabeachbum
large fonts removed. Please read Forum rules

The picture i was talking about was the one you posted taken from the drivers side clearly showing saggy material which you quickly deleated after reading my reply , to be replaced later by a picture taken from the passenger side . You are now stating they are well bolstered which they may well be but the covers are <deleted> born out by the photo taken by your own golden hand there's a lovely crease on the backrest bottom l/h corner + others at the top , the squab looks like a water bed and i'm sure it is on the move all the time the side of the drivers seat looks iffy as does the centre consol. i know you will be in denial about deleating the first picture but luckily for all the members your second confirms what i stated your covers are crap and will only get crappier. At least now you know what 'sat in' means normally a reference to seats in a very high KMS car, another first here for you but probably not your dealer.

The picture i was talking about was the one you posted taken from the drivers side clearly showing saggy material which you quickly deleated after reading my reply , to be replaced later by a picture taken from the passenger side . You are now stating they are well bolstered which they may well be but the covers are <deleted> born out by the photo taken by your own golden hand there's a lovely crease on the backrest bottom l/h corner + others at the top , the squab looks like a water bed and i'm sure it is on the move all the time the side of the drivers seat looks iffy as does the centre consol. i know you will be in denial about deleating the first picture but luckily for all the members your second confirms what i stated your covers are crap and will only get crappier. At least now you know what 'sat in' means normally a reference to seats in a very high KMS car, another first here for you but probably not your dealer.

cheesy.gif I thought the leather looks very poor grade too

I think, as always in life, you get what you pay for. He paid 5,000 baht, although the dealer told him the usual price was 20,000. Well, my guess would be that 5,000 baht was the actual cost to the dealer (ie the cost of the product and the fitting), and the 15,000 they discounted, just the dealer's usual profit margin.

Now if you take the labour charges, other overheads, plus the profit margin for the fitters, how much of the 5,000 baht is that leaving for the leather? Not a lot. Is it even 100% leather? if it is, it must be very low grade.

...'covering the brake'...

Isn't the C.C. for freeing me to 'cover the accelerator' all the time?

Something like carefree CRRUUZING, just braking from time to time and than accelerating to the chosen speed, without touching the accelerator?

yeah possibly... maybe I am confused :-)

I just remember never having much of a feeling of 'cruuuzing' when using C.C....

cheers for all the posts... I don't mind at all if this thread gets a little 'hijacked' (bit strong for slightly off-topic). I was kind of rooting for TH Cruze as the lone force with many posters amassed against him... he stood firm in light of the criticisms... but recently, I have detected a little aloofness and possible snobbery in some of his posts which have started to sway me in my standing :-)

I think, as always in life, you get what you pay for. He paid 5,000 baht, although the dealer told him the usual price was 20,000. Well, my guess would be that 5,000 baht was the actual cost to the dealer (ie the cost of the product and the fitting), and the 15,000 they discounted, just the dealer's usual profit margin.

Now if you take the labour charges, other overheads, plus the profit margin for the fitters, how much of the 5,000 baht is that leaving for the leather? Not a lot. Is it even 100% leather? if it is, it must be very low grade.

after like 10pages in his thread its quite sad that some people still dont understand that the dealer gave him a 15k rebate on the car and they used it for his leather instead of taking the cashback

that black leather on that car looks like an old wrinkled mercedes... shabby,

and that cruze steering wheel... yuuuuccckkk!

the cruze is nowhere near the level of a mitsu, no brainer here, the Mitsu is miles better than this Shabby Cruze...

hey, that's pretty catchy!

Maybe the pics don't do it justice, but my seats are great. I love the leather. The material I picked was rough, not the smooth one.

For all your bullshit about it being "wrinkled in the corners" and the seat part being "saggy", well, here is a brand new LTZ with the 2 tone leather from factory. As you can see, the leather "sags" in the same places. Not all leather in cars fits in the same way. The leather in my Sebring has a similar fit to this.

0582ccea.jpg

Were talking YOUR car here so we don't want pictures of other vehicles Your saying how great YOUR interior is so only pictures of that in future . Don't hype YOUR car up to be better than others we obviously all find it very comical, and can you please list in your next post the number of other Cruze owners that have come to your defense in this thread as this will give us all the feeling for the real market penertration of this vehicle , when other makes/models get slyted on the forum owners come out and disagree/agree so post your supporters please.

Were talking YOUR car here so we don't want pictures of other vehicles Your saying how great YOUR interior is so only pictures of that in future . Don't hype YOUR car up to be better than others we obviously all find it very comical, and can you please list in your next post the number of other Cruze owners that have come to your defense in this thread as this will give us all the feeling for the real market penertration of this vehicle , when other makes/models get slyted on the forum owners come out and disagree/agree so post your supporters please.

Wow. Listen to you. You're so worked up about a car. You had to post twice in a row.

People who buy the Cruze are a class above people who post on here. So, when I go be with MY kind of people, I see the Cruze all over the place.

And notice again, when presented with the truth (leather in the mitsubishi) then the trolls come out and shift the conversation again. Hilarious it is rolleyes.gif

Edited by thaicruze