Uk Passport For Thai/British Wife In Uk.

Hi. My Thai wife has her UK citizenship and is applying for a passport, but we don't have all the information asked for on the form. At the bottom of Section 4 it states; "If both parents... were born abroad, we will also need the full name, town, country, date of birth, and date of marriage of your grandparents" The fact is we simply don't know, so would an educated guess be enough? Can't really imagine the Passport Office contacting the amphur to check the details are correct. Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

We did the same a few years ago and we did the old best guess really, try to get it as accurate as you can but I wouldn't worry about it like you said it is impossible for them to check and we had no problems with that bit, after all the other hoops that youve jumped that bit is a doddle

It is far from uncommon for this information to be unavailable. Records in Thailand were far from complete only a few years ago. Mother in law does not know her date of birth but adopts Mothers Day as hers. We do not have a clue when she married but just know she did!

If records are lacking either be completely honest and say 'Date Not Recorded by Thai authorities' or create realistic guesses but make sure you write them down and stick to them so they remain consistent!

Guys are you this daft in real life (tactfully put !)

These forums are monitored 24/7 in particular by the British home office and you have just told/suggested you're going to fabricate information in reference to a British passport ??

And before anyone suggests its not traceable I can assure you it is !!!

Edited by Chivas

These forums are monitored 24/7 in particular by the British home office and you have just told/suggested you're going to fabricate information in reference to a British passport ??

Mate are you a knob in real life?

Sometimes in this country the information is impossible to obtain, this is no exaggeration, if you have gone through all the issues in getting the visas, ILR, citizenship and all the other time money and aggravation you would know this, nobody is telling the OP to wing anything but if you cannot find exact dates sometimes you have to go with a best guess

Mate are you a knob in real life?

Sometimes in this country the information is impossible to obtain, this is no exaggeration, if you have gone through all the issues in getting the visas, ILR, citizenship and all the other time money and aggravation you would know this, nobody is telling the OP to wing anything but if you cannot find exact dates sometimes you have to go with a best guess

Well put (first line). No one is suggesting any form of misrepresentation or fraud just a reasonable guess!

Slightly off topic but its kind of the same thing your all saying.

I was security vetted for the place i am working now. If you have done the paperwork for a settlement visa, imagin that and times it by about 10. They wanted to know everything. I had to be interviewed as well. I felt completely f#cked by the end. Anyway, I couldn't answer all the questions on my wifes side (she is Thai as well). The vetting officer said this was fine and he was vetting me for NATO Top Secret. So you should be fine on a passport.