Who Loves Mk'S?

AussieTrent

I love MK's  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have friends who love the place, I find it all very bland and much prefer the outdoor 99b all you can eat variety, the mid-table barbecue style.

Been to some great ones, favourite would be at Aranyaprathet (almost opp Tesco) separate charcoal cookers for prawns

The duck is to die for , really...

And the soup given the right amount of veggies and meats to drop in there taste fine to me and is quite healthy.

Plus the free nam cha tea is a great touch for a cheap skate like myself.

Don't Hate :D

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Don't like MK at all. It's so bland, and it's expensive too. Boiled meat and veggies in water, ugh.

And now they have home delivery too, I don't understand buying their overpriced food to cook at home when you could buy an entire feast at the grocery store and grill it. They even have ready made packs of suki veggies.

It's like the Applebees of Thailand. Standardized, non-threatening chain food, marketed up the wazoo. I used to go when I was a tourist but now find it just too boring and I like the duck better at OTHER places too.

At least when someone drags me to Applebees I don't have to go eat at another restaurant immediately after :lol:

We enjoy the food.It is over priced yes but the food we get is always fresh and of great quality.We have never had a bad meal and yes the duck is fantastic!As to bland,maybe,but it does have great flavor,yes it is not spicy,but then again just because you are in Thailand why does everything have to be spicy.Yeah no one said anything about spicy but.

We enjoy the food.It is over priced yes but the food we get is always fresh and of great quality.We have never had a bad meal and yes the duck is fantastic!As to bland,maybe,but it does have great flavor,yes it is not spicy,but then again just because you are in Thailand why does everything have to be spicy.Yeah no one said anything about spicy but.

You can get the that fresh chili garlic mixture they offer and put in your individual soup bowl and make it VERY spicy.

Disappointing guys. Do you really hate it or you just ashamed to say you LOVE IT!! hahawhistling.gif

I do love the all you can eat Buffet with the korean BBQ on the table. The last one I went to had chicken feet salad and I was truly amazed to see the feet were boned!! OMG must be the chef's favourite job.

Bland... well maybe that's one way of looking at it.

Healthy and Simple, you can really just enjoy the natural flavours, it's only bland if you don't know how to use the boiler and you boil the sh!t out of it.

Maybe a little expensive but it's a nice treat for the family on the way back from Suvarnabhumi and really everyone is full and satisfied and we've all had one of those gourmet beverages which for a franchise are pretty dam_n sweet!! Western restaurants are all too lazy to make drinks like that... haha down the local pub asking for a cocktail is like asking for brain surgery... and the Pubs in adelaide have all been renovated and modernised to the hilt due to the Pokie machine disease having injected millions into the entertainment industry.

The staff are all very polite and the place is dam_n clean. Worth the money in my eyes.

The duck is to die for , really...

And the soup given the right amount of veggies and meats to drop in there taste fine to me and is quite healthy.

Plus the free nam cha tea is a great touch for a cheap skate like myself.

Don't Hate :D

oh and yes I also really enjoy the free nam cha tea..... I want to know how to make it at home.

Don't like MK at all. It's so bland, and it's expensive too. Boiled meat and veggies in water, ugh.

And now they have home delivery too, I don't understand buying their overpriced food to cook at home when you could buy an entire feast at the grocery store and grill it. They even have ready made packs of suki veggies.

It's like the Applebees of Thailand. Standardized, non-threatening chain food, marketed up the wazoo. I used to go when I was a tourist but now find it just too boring and I like the duck better at OTHER places too.

At least when someone drags me to Applebees I don't have to go eat at another restaurant immediately after :lol:

I second all of the above...

Have friends who love the place, I find it all very bland and much prefer the outdoor 99b all you can eat variety, the mid-table barbecue style.

Been to some great ones, favourite would be at Aranyaprathet (almost opp Tesco) separate charcoal cookers for prawns

Did you know that several of those 99b BBQ's (which I used to love also) have been popped in Samui for putting Formaldehyde on the seafood to maintain the white color? Oh yeah, that's taking preparing for the grave to new heights...

Judging by myself and the very few i've talked to about MK, white boys don't like it but thai girls do,

and i believe the reason for that is men prefer meat while women prefer mushrooms & grass,

and the meat is not tasty. I don't want to know what mushrooms taste like.

I take outdoor 99 baht any day

Bland?? What do you think the sauce is for?? A sandwich/burger/pasta is bland with nothing on/in it.

Expensive? My Thai colleagues eat MK regularly and they earn between 15-20k per month. I can only guess that the majority of TV members don't have a pot to piss in and are eating mama noodles daily. My buddha, the cheapest lunch I have had in the last 2 years would be a 200 baht meal and coffee at Starbucks.

MK Suki or steamboat. I'm sorry to say this, maybe you had not taste good soup before.

In HK, China, Singapore & Malaysia, we all eat or drink good soup together with delicious steamboat.

The soup was boiled for days, all expensive ingredient like abalone and scallop follow by the boiling. this we call great soup. As for MK, sorry to say, it's just boiled water! nothing to shout for!

Bland?? What do you think the sauce is for?? A sandwich/burger/pasta is bland with nothing on/in it.

Expensive? My Thai colleagues eat MK regularly and they earn between 15-20k per month. I can only guess that the majority of TV members don't have a pot to piss in and are eating mama noodles daily. My buddha, the cheapest lunch I have had in the last 2 years would be a 200 baht meal and coffee at Starbucks.

I have yet to find a REAL Pho broth in Thailand. Same issue, it's a complex recipe and it takes hours to create the broth. Not part of Thai food culture which is QUICK QUICK. Also Ramen broth traditionally a complex process to create. Not available at Oishi. I reckon there must be some places to get REAL Japanese style Ramen broth at least in Bangkok though, right?

http://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2008/10/pho-beef-noodle-soup.html

Edited by Jingthing

I agree if you don't travel very much to SEA, their Roasted duck is "edible"...... but if you had been to HK, Taiwan, Singapore & Malaysia and ate their Roast Duck, I bet you will not be returning to MK for the duck. Theirs is only a substitute.

http://ieatishootipo...oast-cheap.html

This is what we call Good roasted duck!!! I always packed a few bring back to Japan!

Really enjoy their Roast Duck

Wiley Coyote

Edited by veryruay