Pre-Ordering Battlefield 3

PomPui

Hi Everyone,

Just been catching up on all the BF3 info out there and this really is the game to have this Autumn. I always have been a massive BF fan and I have a PC that can run this baby no problem. So I was just wondering where everyone would pre-order the game from? Normally I would just use Steam but there seems there is little chance the game will be there for launch. sad.gif

Cheers

PomPui

As mentioned above, zest does show pre-order on their main page but not clear how one goes about it actually. They may just point you to the EA site. Maybe e-mail them to see.

BTW - Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it also after watching the trailers. Exciting.

amazon.com always order my pre-orders from there and they ship by dhl usually have pre-orders within 3 working days of usa release.

Amazon.com usually ship the evening prior to release.

Not the cheapest way of doing it but i have found the quickest. least hassle and most reliable for pre-orders.

Edited by negreanu

• 3 weeks later...

amazon.com always order my pre-orders from there and they ship by dhl usually have pre-orders within 3 working days of usa release.

Amazon.com usually ship the evening prior to release.

Not the cheapest way of doing it but i have found the quickest. least hassle and most reliable for pre-orders.

not the cheapest..... just looked in to it and they wanted almost 5000 baht up front... sod that

just ordered my from ZEST... glad someone mentioned them.... they have a shit load of peripherals... might get me some Tritton AX pro's for when BF3 comes out

I've been on Zest mailing list for some time and never really looked at the peripherals. Definitely some nice gear there.

Thanks for the tips guys, I usually waited for them to appear in the games shop in Central Beach Mall, Pattaya and bought them at their inflated rate.

These sites look great, I am wary of ordering stuff online here and prefer COD (Cash on Delivery not Call of Duty).

Can someone recommend any of those vendors to be good, when you pay in advance on CC?

How about a ThaiVisa clan? Time to shut-up now, I'm 35 not 15!!!

Lee

Edited by Satcommlee

not the cheapest..... just looked in to it and they wanted almost 5000 baht up front... sod that

Actually 4000thb including shipping duty and vat by DHL.

However amazon exports you usually get back about 10-20% of the estimated duty and vat fees.

Actually 4000thb including shipping duty and vat by DHL.

However amazon exports you usually get back about 10-20% of the estimated duty and vat fees.

Yeah.. think I'll give Amazon a miss though

Just bother with international sellers, go with Zest. I kept getting taxed at 30% when stuff's shipped from Play Asia (I think the Thai customs know now)

For PlayStation 3 games, head over to that site called nadzproject.com.

Yes, used Nadz, but they wouldn't take a preorder from me

Will this game be popular online here in Thialand?

Here is some info on Battlefield 2 for a Thai server. Not sure how many Thai servers there are but would expect BF3 would be popular based on some Thai friends at the office.

Game Tracker

//edit - I heard something about the EA servers moving to Singapore though.

I just pre-ordered this on the official Thai site..

Had the good lady help me, had no idea what i was doing - so I probably ordered it 5 times.

They throw in some freebies too...

จำนวนที่สั่งซื้อ ชื่อผลิตภัณฑ์ รหัสปลดล็อค จำนวน

1 Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition 1,499.00 บาท

1 Battlefield 3 Preorder Promotion

- Play4Free Beret and Gun

No Unlock Code Needed

0.00 บาท

Physical Warfare Pack

0.00 บาท

Total cost 1499 THB

Edited by Satcommlee

A little more information..

It seems that I have not ordered a Disk, but I have ordered an electronic download..

The email in Thai tells me that, I have to download 'Origin' Software which is the new EA electronic store..

In my Games I now have the following...

post-134820-0-00726800-1318580981_thumb.

post-134820-0-58285600-1318581122_thumb.

So I am just waiting for the release date and I can electronically download it by the looks of things!!

This was all done using a Kasikorn Web (virtual) Card

Edited by Satcommlee

The problem I've found with most Thai BF2 servers is that they don't run the latest patch and are often unranked which kind of defeats the purpose.

It's all about ranking up and collecting badges and ribbons.

Will this game be popular online here in Thialand?

Here is some info on Battlefield 2 for a Thai server. Not sure how many Thai servers there are but would expect BF3 would be popular based on some Thai friends at the office.

Game Tracker

//edit - I heard something about the EA servers moving to Singapore though.

bought it on Saturday (ps3) and haven't been able to play online due to a 'online pass check failed'.

Anyone else had and solved this issue?

What region is assigned to your PSN account? Must match the region the game was bought in. You need a PSN account, code and game from the same region.

bought it on Saturday (ps3) and haven't been able to play online due to a 'online pass check failed'.

Anyone else had and solved this issue?

You have to go "Store" from the main menu, then press triangle and it will ask you enter your Pass Code (comes inside the PS3 game box).

Weird/pain in the ass i know...you'd figure it would ask you for the code when you start up the game...

As for the game, i'm not really blown away, it's Ok. Not that much different from previous Battlefield titles.

Edited by dave111223

Can play online now, thanks Bangkockney.

Was wondering how are the asian servers for battlefield? Good latency? Populated?

Cheers

I'm getting around 50ms to Singapore, and about 90-100ms to Japan and Korea.

But the players are all too good for me! I don't last 5 minutes :-(

Just want to add... That I had to mess with "Run as administrator" to get the ping times to display on the server browser (Win7 64bit)

Edited by Satcommlee

Can play online now, thanks Bangkockney.

Was wondering how are the asian servers for battlefield? Good latency? Populated?

Cheers

I'm getting around 50ms to Singapore, and about 90-100ms to Japan and Korea.

But the players are all too good for me! I don't last 5 minutes :-(

Just want to add... That I had to mess with "Run as administrator" to get the ping times to display on the server browser (Win7 64bit)

Oh, thanks for this info. I was wondering why I couldn't see the pings. Is there anything specific you have to do or just start origin using Run as Admin?

btw, how many ppl play this game on a regular basis?

Oh, thanks for this info. I was wondering why I couldn't see the pings. Is there anything specific you have to do or just start origin using Run as Admin?

btw, how many ppl play this game on a regular basis?

What I ended up doing was selecting "run as administrator" in right click options of both internet explorer and origin. I don't know which fixed it but mine as a default opens up as internet explorer.. but I think you can also simply copy the URL from Internet explorer and put it into Firefox or Chrome instead, and this will also allow you to see the pings.

Seems to be a few on here that use the game, I never last long.. Just installed Modern Warfare 3 and having a go with that now.