Asking Vs. Selling Prices For Cars

User3

I have a question regarding car prices.

We are looking for a new car and I see car prices from various advertisers on web pages.

My question is- how much difference is there, if any, from the asking/advertised price to the actual sale price? One hears so many conflicting stories that it's difficult to ascertain the reality, so I thought I'd come to the experts.

We are looking at not more than 3 years old Camry, Accord or Teana but in some cases the used asking prices are pretty much the same as new prices.

Any thoughts on the differences between asking/selling price would be appreciated.

Location is Bangkok.

Edited by User3

Yes, I have trouble understanding it. Where I came from cars dropped in value 20%% the minute you drove it off the lot.

Here I see 3. 4, even 6 year old cars for nearly the cost of new. For me, I'd always step up to get the new one. But a few of my Thai friends look at cars a few years old to save 30,000 Bt ? I say why ?

New dealers otten discount or shall we say add freebies. Window tiniting. insurance, and many other little extras.

the weird thing is in thailand ,vehicles dont tend to depreciate (at least not in the eyes of whoever owns or sells them :rolleyes:)

you can buy a 2nd hand bike for 50,000 thb ,drive it for 6 months and sell it again for 50,000thb

ive seen 6 month old motorcycles selling for 140,000+ when a new one is around 150,000

to me it doesnt make sense but im not thai and maybe saving 10,000thb and still getting the face of having a "big bike " to drive is worth it

and the 10,000 saved would buy plenty of gasohol if your budget is tight ........