Highway Police To File Lawsuit Against Thai Land Transport Federation

webfact

665 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When should people start think about consequences here. Overloading the truck gives much higher maintenance costs on the equipment. The overloaded trucks destroys the roads, for the public's annoyance, and giving the government unexpected maintenance costs on the roads. Its a win-win for all parts in the long run to start to follow the rules. Increased safety as well, as an overloaded truck will have much longer braking distance.. :blink:

I now see the trucks are using the centre lane and the extreme right lane for driving and overtaking. Thats because they have stuffed the left Truck lane with their overweight trucks.

As far as bribes goes, it will never stop.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main reason that UK cops don't have to be corrupt : overtime payments, one cop cleared over 100,000 pounds last year, these figures used to be kept secret until freedom of information act

independent link

Police Overtime payments, second jobs, are costing taxpayers BILLIONS in UK, did i mention that they retire at 50, and frequently get other public jobs afterwards, Now THAT is corruption, not just a few baht

drivel.

Police in the UK are not allowed to have secondary incomes, they are also not allowed to have debts unless they have been previously approved. as for overtime, sadly they are so understaffed that overtime is necessary at certain times,

retirement is after 30 years or aged 55, someone having served 30 years but not reached 35 can stay on, but the pension has peaked so there is no real need, a fair amount of salary is paid every months towards the pension, in my day it was 11%.

After retirement they can apply for work, the same as anyone else, I don't know where you get the idea from that they just walk into public jobs afterwards, I would love to see your source for this. they are however employable as they have good verifiable records.

I am sorry but i am struggling to see where you get 'corruption' from this.

:rolleyes: Of the 450 who said they had given a bribe at least half would be UK, US or Australian citizens.....I hope they turn themselves over to the authorities when they return home as it is against the law in their home country to pay bribes overseas... :crying::lock:

It was a tip, how dare you call it a bribe. :lol:

It was an "on the spot" resolution of a legal payment of a fine. Completely legal.

it was not a bribe, it was TEA Money. :blink:

When should people start think about consequences here. Overloading the truck gives much higher maintenance costs on the equipment. The overloaded trucks destroys the roads, for the public's annoyance, and giving the government unexpected maintenance costs on the roads. Its a win-win for all parts in the long run to start to follow the rules. Increased safety as well, as an overloaded truck will have much longer braking distance.. :blink:

Is there a truckie in Thailand who actually knows what "braking distance" means ?

Someone said it best above ... Thailand is becoming a Hub of Denial.

The Red Shirts denied everything, the Police denied there were gambling dens, the government denies it is working to bring The Fugitive back, etc., etc.

And Suthep and his merry band of crooks will deny that they are corrupt ! ....................get real !

Someone said it best above ... Thailand is becoming a Hub of Denial.

The Red Shirts denied everything, the Police denied there were gambling dens, the government denies it is working to bring The Fugitive back, etc., etc.

And Suthep and his merry band of crooks will deny that they are corrupt ! ....................get real !

:lol::thumbsup::welcomeani::wai::clap2:

Multiple times they have pulled my taxi over, making me get out for a "body check" wasting my time and hoping they will find something illegal to then be able to extort money.

Many of them are "low lives". I think 99.9% of Thai people feel the same.

Yes, you are quite right. My partner is a law abiding 'wouldn't harm a fly' type of person, but she, togther with every Thai I know absolutely detests the brownshirts.

This week I was pulled over twice, once for 'speeding' (75kmph down Highway 1 would you believe) and once for, actually I don't know. The second one however led to an interest ing exchange between my partner and the cop. He was apologetic and said that his chief had told the team not to go back to HQ until they had collected 10k baht for him. He was an unusual cop in that he was quite sheepish about it! My Mrs felt sorry for him and gave him 100!!!!