How To Gain Wieght

Rigger

Hi

How can a young Thai women gain more body fat. As my wife thinks she is to skinny. She is a small person and I dont think she is to skin just a tiny build. She is heathy and eats well doesnt drink very often doesnt smoke has had to kids in the last 2 years. She does eat some westen food when I am at home. I tried to tell her to drink 6 cans of Chang a night as this works for me a every one else I know to gain wieght

14 pints of lager followed by a doner kebab with all the trimmings on a regular basis turned me into the pleasingly plump fellow that I am now :o

Eat more meals at McDonald's. It's worked wonders for this generation of Thai youth. Then she can be as uan as she likes. Alternatively, put her on a typical British diet, which has oil in everything, including the puddings.

Eat more meals at McDonald's. It's worked wonders for this generation of Thai youth. Then she can be as uan as she likes. Alternatively, put her on a typical British diet, which has oil in everything, including the puddings.

That would be great if the nearest McDonalds wasnt 100km away

What was after was healthy why to gain wait

i am interested in hearing tips as well. i have lost about 25 pounds since i came to thailand last year- even a couple of beers on a regular basis does not help. i am normally round and plump in the right places but now i feel like a stick. rice doesn't do it for me. aren't there special shakes or something you can buy to fatten up?

i am interested in hearing tips as well. i have lost about 25 pounds since i came to thailand last year- even a couple of beers on a regular basis does not help. i am normally round and plump in the right places but now i feel like a stick. rice doesn't do it for me. aren't there special shakes or something you can buy to fatten up?

yes there are those expensive malt shakes you buy at health

food stores in the west but good luck finding anything in thailand.

bulk up on the carbs,calories noodles, bread, potatoes

I know those packaged cup of noodles sure put the weight

on me.

eat meals more frequently even if just snacks; thats how most people put on weight inthe first place...

i'm the only person i know that gained weight in issaan as i was constantly fed (and didnt work physical labour for once) (i''m 41 kilo small build not really round int he right places except when i come back from vacations)...

sticky rice is fattening; snack on things like peanuts, dried fruit, regular meals 6x s day; light exercise for muscle mass, stay away from those drinks unless a doctor recommends them, ... get checked for hormone imbalances, explain to her that 99% of western women i know talk constantly of diets, we slim girls should count our selves lucky....

thai people tell me to get more sleep (at least 12 hours) then i wont lose weight (have kids so doesnt happen); drink more water also... watch cholesterol, since i have slightly high due to meat intake (i dont eat dairy, cakes etc)....

eat meals more frequently even if just snacks; thats how most people put on weight inthe first place...

i'm the only person i know that gained weight in issaan as i was constantly fed (and didnt work physical labour for once)  (i''m 41 kilo small build not really round int he right places except when i come back from vacations)...

sticky rice is fattening; snack on things like peanuts, dried fruit, regular meals 6x s day; light exercise for muscle mass, stay away from those drinks unless a doctor recommends them, ... get checked for hormone imbalances, explain to her that 99% of western women i know talk constantly of diets, we slim girls should count our selves lucky....

thai people tell me to get more sleep (at least 12 hours) then i wont lose weight (have kids so doesnt happen); drink more water also... watch cholesterol, since i have slightly high due to meat intake (i dont eat dairy, cakes etc)....

Do everything that Bina has suggested (Sticky rice is probably the most fattening food here) plus guinness.Yes that good old Irish dark liquid has probably the highest glycemic index of all food...Just a couple of pints a night should see the pounds start to go back on.

There was a period when I'd gotten really skinny due to both work & personal issues. I tried not to skip meals, ate a lot each meal, drank a lot of soya milk (for protein), and had kraprao moo krob every day!

I've now regained my weight, and am actually starting to get a little chubby. :D (Probably also because I'm now seeing someone I'm very happy with and we both love pigging out :o )

Rigger, if your wife is naturally skinny then any weight gain may probably just end up around her waist.

I've nearly always been on the slim side all my life but when I do start putting on any weight it's always at the stomach which then looks out of proportion with the rest of my body. Then I have to start leg, arm and chest exercises to build up muscle to bring everything into an overall better body shape. But I gave that up as I found that the more weight I put on, the more lethargic and lazy I became.

The only time I seem to put on weight for a lengthy period of time (month or two) that's not due to food intake, is during the cool seasons here. Any other time my weight can very slightly change up or down depending on what my eating and drinking habits are at the time.

I would assume staying in air-conditioned environments as much as possible would prevent sweating and result in possibly an all overbody weight gain.

:o

Listen, I like really can dig like that you cats are all on the right trip here regarding the weight gain. The Dude's suggestion is as follows: Do the 6 cans of Chang thing for openers, and while you're doing that you can munch down the nuts. I wouldn't go for the tato chippers cause they'll fill ya up too much. Then after you slam down the beers you engage in a massively major MCD chowdown. LOL. This is a scientifically proven weight gain program that come highly recommended from The Dude himself. She's gonna need a closet full of shovels to dig all the weight she's gonna pack on. Go easy though cause you don't wanna take this thing too far. Dig?

Listen, I like really can dig like that you cats are all on the right trip here regarding the weight gain. The Dude's suggestion is as follows: Do the 6 cans of Chang thing for openers, and while you're doing that you can munch down the nuts. I wouldn't go for the tato chippers cause they'll fill ya up too much. Then after you slam down the beers you engage in a massively major MCD chowdown. LOL. This is a scientifically proven weight gain program that come highly recommended from The Dude himself. She's gonna need a closet full of shovels to dig all the weight she's gonna pack on. Go easy though cause you don't wanna take this thing too far. Dig?

Thanks for the reply Dude

But why is it every time I read one of your post I feel the need to slap someone :o

Eating lots of sweets, desserts, or junk food works wonders. Does she like cake, or pies, or cookies, or candy? How about Ice Cream? Thats really fattening too. Eat lots of that.

She is Thai, tell her to eat lots of Khao Nee Oh (sp?) with coconut milk. That stuff will really pack on the pounds!

I must say this topic makes me chuckle. I mean theres a huge number of people in the world that are just way too fat and spend all their pesos trying to lose it. and then theres those that think they aren't skinny enough and starve themselves.

Maybe you just need to explain to your wife that she is already healthy and any forced efforts at getting fat just aren't healthy.

Putting weight on around the waist is one of the worst places to put it on as it is closer to the heart.

and besides from what I have seen of Thai woman, they turn 40 and put on weight naturally.

As for Gazzas airconditioning advice. Your right if you sweated you sure would lose weight, but I dare say it would only be water. Weight gain or lose due to sweating is only temporary as it is water that wil need to be replaced. Unless of course the sweating was caused by physical activity which which (sadly to say) is the only true way to burn fat.

Everybodies different, and thats a good thing.

I thought that eating meals more frequently made you lose weight! seeing as the body gets tricked into thinking it doesnt have to store so much fat as it has a fairly abundant supply.

If you want to get fat, eat 2-3 big meals per day consisting of high GI foods (White Bread, Mashed Potatoe etc..).

i reiterate: more frequent good meals; light exercise etc...

i'm very slim and lose weight very easily and work hard, junk white bread etc is empty calories... u have to use good healthy calories cause its not just weight, there's the cholesterol etc issues....

Thanks for the reply Dude

But why is it every time I read one of your post I feel the need to slap someone :o

:D got to admit, Dude got ways of saying alot of things without saying anything :D "DUDE you should be a politician"

• 1 month later...

Try getting her into a gym and get her some time with a trainer until she learns a routine and feels comfortable working out on her own. She can use some good protien suppliments like Whey protein drinks. Some are specifically made for weight gain. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat and looks better. She'll gain weight, get toned and gain self confidence all at the same time with her new look. I only wish I had your wife's problem. It's all to easy for me to gain weight.

Hi

How can a young Thai women gain more body fat. As my wife thinks she is to skinny. She is a small person and I dont think she is to skin just a tiny build. She is heathy and eats well doesnt drink very often doesnt smoke has had to kids in the last 2 years. She does eat some westen food when I am at home. I tried to tell her to drink 6 cans of Chang a night as this works for me a every one else I know to gain wieght

eat farang food or follow my diet :o

maybe she should eat larger meals so her body takes longer to diegest, also eating at night will help she must have a fast metabolism not much you can do about that, but as what many would think. that's good we all wish we could keep that fat off. i don't think drinking will help as that will not help your liver. maybe she should try eating more western food made with wheat like bread or pasta like someone said before. maybe high protein food too will help too. but remember all fatty food will work but maybe long term depending on the person there cholesterol maybe go high and that can lead to artery's getting blocked and may lead to a heart attack.

Nobody has asked about, or commented on, her age! For most of us, it's near impossible to gain weight in our 20s, it's a lot easier in our 30s, and it's all around panic stations in our 40s+. I know it's not universally true but good as a generalisation!

If she's in her 20s it may be impossible for her to gain weight - so stop trying and just enjoy it while you have it.

Putting on weight is relatively easy. Distributing the extra weight into the correct body locations is not so easy without a proper exercise routine. (as a couple of posters have already indicated.)

Whether you enroll her into a gym or whether she does regular jogging/power walking/bicycle riding around the neighbourhood doesn't really matter, as long as she burns off the excess fat intake and builds muscle/energy in the process.

Don't try for a quick weight gain solution, take your time, eat sensibly and nutritiously.

Putting on weight is relatively easy. Distributing the extra weight into the correct body locations is not so easy without a proper exercise routine. (as a couple of posters have already indicated.)

Whether you enroll her into a gym or whether she does regular jogging/power walking/bicycle riding around the neighbourhood doesn't really matter, as long as she burns off the excess fat intake and builds muscle/energy in the process.

Don't try for a quick weight gain solution, take your time, eat sensibly and nutritiously.

I have a gym at home so I guess I will try and get here onto it might have to buy some baby weights for her

thanks for the replys people