Sukhumvit Electricity Outage

calibanjr.

So my GF was listening to Thai Radio last night and they said that they were going to shut down the electricity on lower Sukhumvit, lo and behold, 4-7 am (why I'm up, don't ask), no electric! No explanation on the radio or anywhere. Any clues? Maintenance, saving gas, making merit, war on terror?

Maybe they were psychic.

They normally turn off the electricity if a fire is in the area and shut down the transformer switch.

At 5:45 a.m. this morning their was a fire on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 3/1 in a room of a guesthouse. It was pouring smoke in a rapid fashion . Around 100 firemen responded. Shortly after the fire started, the electricity was cut. Went back on around 7 a.m.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Maybe they were psychic.

They normally turn off the electricity if a fire is in the area and shut down the transformer switch.

At 5:45 a.m. this morning  their was a fire on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 3/1 in a room of a guesthouse. It was pouring smoke in a rapid fashion . Around 100 firemen responded.  Shortly after the fire started, the electricity was cut. Went back on around 7 a.m.

www.sunbeltasia.com

A well planned fast response exercise? :o

A well planned fast response exercise?

Wish this was a fire drillas on Suk 3/1 as unfortunatly a 7 year old boy was by himself in the apartment that was on fire at 5:30 a.m.

The mother was on Sukhumvit Rd working as a hawker selling makeup. Her youngest daughter was with her.

Speculation by the firemen that he was playing with matches. He is ok as he ran out of the room.

As for fire drills, the firemen do set fires. They in fact started a electrical fire in a fire drill in my office building. It sure motivated everyone when going down the stairs 26 floors where on the 11th floor you see smoke and are smelling it two floors up. Too realistic for my taste. More humbling was watching the ladder truck not even reach 7 floors! They were practicing sending people down in a rope and pulley. Average time to send one person down was 8 minutes!

www.sunbeltasia.com

A well planned fast response exercise?

Wish this was a fire drillas on Suk 3/1 as unfortunatly a 7 year old boy was by himself in the apartment that was on fire at 5:30 a.m.

The mother was on Sukhumvit Rd working as a hawker selling makeup. Her youngest daughter was with her.

Speculation by the firemen that he was playing with matches. He is ok as he ran out of the room.

As for fire drills, the firemen do set fires. They in fact started a electrical fire in a fire drill in my office building. It sure motivated everyone when going down the stairs 26 floors where on the 11th floor you see smoke and are smelling it two floors up. Too realistic for my taste. More humbling was watching the ladder truck not even reach 7 floors! They were practicing sending people down in a rope and pulley. Average time to send one person down was 8 minutes!

www.sunbeltasia.com

you do life insurance aswell as work permits :o