Maxtor HDD Check/Repair In Bangkok

webfact

Is it possible to have a MAXTOR ONE TOUCH 4 external HDD drive checked/repaired in Pantip or Fortune?

I suspect a current related issue as the front light is permanently blinking and the disk isn't recognized by W7.

A reliable shop recommendation is appreciated

Thanks

Most likely drive has died. Is it warntee or just a repair you need? Maxtor is Seagate so try Seagate website. You may find it cheap just to purchase a new one! if it the data off the drive you need then you need to find someone to try to rescue the data.

You can try M&D computer at Pantip plaza. They are pretty reliable and are very proud of their workshop which is located at the back of the store. In my experience with those external drives, normally it is the power supply that is built into the case that fails. If you like to tinker you can just remove the drive from the case and plug it into your computer using a sata cable or ide/sata adaptor if needed.

You can try M&D computer at Pantip plaza. They are pretty reliable and are very proud of their workshop which is located at the back of the store. In my experience with those external drives, normally it is the power supply that is built into the case that fails. If you like to tinker you can just remove the drive from the case and plug it into your computer using a sata cable or ide/sata adaptor if needed.

Thx, that sounds promising so far. Which ?/Fl is the shop located?