What Do I Need

gharknes

I live here on a multiple entry Type O visa, I rent a condo (so have address) and I want to buy a motorbike and if possible have it in my name

what all do i need to do, what do I need to get, what are my options if ownership isn't possible ?

I live here on a multiple entry Type O visa, I rent a condo  (so have address) and I want to buy a motorbike and if possible have it in my name

what all do i need to do, what do I need to get, what are my options if ownership isn't possible ?

Take to where ?

And how do they confirm address

sorry i know absolutly nothing about this,

I live here on a multiple entry Type O visa, I rent a condo   (so have address) and I want to buy a motorbike and if possible have it in my name

Take to where ?

And how do they confirm address

sorry i know absolutly nothing about this,

Take to Dept. of Transport.

If your buying new the dealer should do all of the paperwork at Dept of Transport for you.

Confirmation of Address Certificate

You can get from your local Immigration Office . Just take along the lease for your condo.

or

From your Embassy.

If you have anymore questions dont hesitate to post. thats what where here for mate.

Some immigration offices won't give you a Confirmation of Address unless you are doing your 90 day reporting.

Gharknes is on a multiple entry so he won't be doing the 90 day reporting

I do 90 day reporting on a NI Type O ME visa, not due until the end of December though for my first visa run.

Should I apply for a Thai driving licence or will my UK/International be OK

• 3 weeks later...
No problem to put it in your name. Any type of visa will do.

Take passport and Confirmation of Address Form obtained from immigration or your embassy

I'm buying a secondhand truck from a dealer, and he seemed to think I need a work permit to transfer ownership into my name. All I've got is a double entry tourist visa, but I do hae a Thai driver's license coz my friend has a friend at the Bureau of Land Transport.

Will there really be a problem transferring ownership into my name without a WP/non-immigrant visa, or is the dealer just paranoid?

Jing-jing,

Your dealer is mis-informed....

But he seemed so convinced... apparently he'd had a problem before with title transfer to a farang, God only knows why. Maybe the farang had no valid DL or proof of address... whatever. I was under the impression that the dealer could handle the paperwork... with this guy I don't believe that's the case.

Is it usually up to the dealer to complete the paperwork for title transfer?

BTW, thanks for the information Thetyim. :o