Khon Kaen Hotels

TexasRanger

Hi, Will be passing through Khon Kaen in a few days and am looking for a nice hotel to stay overnight, prefer something relaxing, not right in the city, with nice food. I don't know the area, do they have places with views like a resort (not Thai style resort for shagging thanks :blink:).

Try a travel website such as agoda... there they have maps, photos etc so you can see the location for yourself.

Alternative google maps will show the majority of the hotels. Simply 'zoom' into the area of Khon Kaen you wish to stay and search 'hotel' from there you can do a little further searching on the names that have cropped up.

It all depends how much you want to pay. I am a Cheap Charlie and refuse to pay over a thousand baht per night unless I am in an area where I have no choice. Khon Kaen has a lot of choices with a number of better than average places. Agoda will help you make your choice.

I would not rely on Agoda's write ups at all! they doctor them to suit and very rarely put up bad reports.

Also the Op asked for nice and relaxing and not in the city centre,there are not that many outside taht are resort style and chilled out unfortunately.

Thanks guys, I usually use Agoda but wanted a personal recommendation. Anyway, before I got any replies I booked a night at the Rachawadee. Great minds think alike Mr Red.

Next to the airport, a little outside the town but I think you will be pleased with your choice.

Nice rooms, pool and restaurant.

It looks nice on the web, we are off there tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Thanks again everyone.

:wai:

Thanks guys, I usually use Agoda but wanted a personal recommendation. Anyway, before I got any replies I booked a night at the Rachawadee. Great minds think alike Mr Red.

Next to the airport, a little outside the town but I think you will be please with your choice.

I would not rely on Agoda's write ups at all! they doctor them to suit and very rarely put up bad reports.

Also the Op asked for nice and relaxing and not in the city centre,there are not that many outside taht are resort style and chilled out unfortunately.

I agree about Agoda reviews. I have stayed at different hotels advertised on their site and some reviews are so far out that I think they are talking about a totally different hotel. They do however provide pictures, details and useful maps.

I also do a lot of last minute booking so it is nice to get instant confirmation, I hate it when you are in a rush, booka room and then get an email saying they will confirm in 24hrs.

I agree about Agoda reviews. I have stayed at different hotels advertised on their site and some reviews are so far out that I think they are talking about a totally different hotel. They do however provide pictures, details and useful maps.

Rachawadee Resort is a great, relaxing place to stay... out of town in a quiet area.... but close enough for easy travel...and within walking distance of the KK airport...

Also a very pleasant pool that's always been kept clean during my various stays there... a small fitness room... and wifi throughout most if not all of the facility.

There usually are not taxis hanging around outside, but the hotel desk staff will call the local taxi co-op for you...if you don't have your own car/vehicle.

There's also a pretty good Isaan type restaurant directly across the street, and a western style place, the Green Leaf Restaurant, with quite good steaks and a variety of other western foods just down the street.

They have their own web site and you can book with them directly via just a phone call... Choices of several different classes and styles of rooms... But even the most basic are nicely appointed and pleasant for a stay.

Thats been my preferred stopping off point driving from CNX to Det Udom for many years. In fact will be in there Monday night.