Split This Sub Forum?

2Na

Hi,

I would like to say that I am a happily married guy (well, most of the time, you know...), and I have kids also.

I don't understand why when I wish to read stuff related to raising kids in Thailand, I need to browse through all the divorce related topics.

I believe that I am not the only one that find this disrupting.

Is it possible to get this forum split into 2 different forums? one to raising kids and the other to marriage problems?

Thank you very much

2na

It is not a happy subject, but still a fact of life associated with family live. While I feel for the suggestion to have a seperate subforum about raising children in Thailand, currently it doesn't have enough posts to warrent a seperate forum. Maybe that will change in the future.

I don't think there is enough activity in this forum to motivate a split

Is all this being run for the Mods, or for the readers?

I agree 1,000% with the OP.

An extra forum, sub forum, call it what you will, costs you lot sweet FA to put on. As a responsible, happily married (thank God) parent here in Thailand I always check this one, and always regret it due to all the 'legals'.

The unhappy western parents have all my sympathy but there traumas are only a part of a very big picture.

An extra forum, sub forum, call it what you will, costs you lot sweet FA to put on. As a responsible, happily married (thank God) parent here in Thailand I always check this one, and always regret it due to all the 'legals'.

The unhappy western parents have all my sympathy but there traumas are only a part of a very big picture.

I have to agree with the above poster. Thaivisa should have a separate forum concerning "legal Issues in Thailand".

If Thaivisa can operate a " I'm too fat" forum which has a grand total of 6 pages of replies, then there shouldn't be any technical problems of creating a separate

forum for divorce issues.

I have to agree with the above poster. Thaivisa should have a separate forum concerning "legal Issues in Thailand".

If Thaivisa can operate a " I'm too fat" forum which has a grand total of 6 pages of replies, then there shouldn't be any technical problems of creating a separate

forum for divorce issues.

You make a great point; there are lots of smaller sub forums about far more trivial things like being overweight, computer games and drinking. Having so many divorce topics in 'family life' is rather strange, I agree. If the mods say there isn't enough demand, why can't we put it to a vote in some way? I think the mods must be cautious about the extra work though as such a forum would be trolled or abused by legal companies, perhaps. Who knows.

Hey, I knew I was not alone!

I think because the forums are mixed, people will not want to post here.

I mean, no disrespect to anyone, but why would you want to bring your baby and baby related issues into a dark place which talks about kid kidnapping, divorce, etc

I am sure that a new forum dedicated only to raising kids in Thailand will create great traffic for you, and also, Thaivisa can sell more ads, to baby related shops, not just lawyers.. so here is the business side of things.

Thank you very much

Hey, I knew I was not alone!

I think because the forums are mixed, people will not want to post here.

I mean, no disrespect to anyone, but why would you want to bring your baby and baby related issues into a dark place which talks about kid kidnapping, divorce, etc

I am sure that a new forum dedicated only to raising kids in Thailand will create great traffic for you, and also, Thaivisa can sell more ads, to baby related shops, not just lawyers.. so here is the business side of things.

Thank you very much

Not alone at all, chum!

Apart from being MUCH more polite than me, you raise a very good commercial point re happy (hopefully most of the time)!, conventional, families being a target market for advertisers here.

Let's hope that swings it with the Powers That Be, even if consumer demand does not.............

We have now created a separate Marriage and divorce forum branch located here:

http://www.thaivisa....ge-and-divorce/

Thank you for doing that, we appreciate the extra time and hassle inevitably created from moderating yet another forum. It's smart to lump marriage with divorce as it will keep all the legal issues together including child custody. It was a good suggestion from 2Na as Thai Visa now has, as far as I'm aware, the first divorce forum in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa....ge-and-divorce/

Thank you for doing that, we appreciate the extra time and hassle inevitably created from moderating yet another forum. It's smart to lump marriage with divorce as it will keep all the legal issues together including child custody. It was a good suggestion from 2Na as Thai Visa now has, as far as I'm aware, the first divorce forum in Thailand.

Most westerners in Thailand posting on ThaiVisa have not married and can therefore not divorce. They don't qualify for posting in the marriage and divorce forum

Many of them have custody issues just because they did not marry... We can hardly expect them to go and post in a marriage and divorce forum

If you want to separate these too, then please suggest another name of the forum

Edited by MikeyIdea

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/164-marriage-and-divorce/

Perhaps it would be possible to also edit the sub-title of this forum?

Now it is Family and children

Marriage, family & children, and divorce in Thailand.

If you can change it into : "Raising kids in Thailand" that would be great.

That will also mean that all legal custody questions will go to the marriage/divorce/(and custody matters) should go into this forum as well.

Thank you very much for your quick action :)

2na