Phuket Police Seize 400Kg Of Marijuana In Single Haul

webfact

Police seize 400kg of marijuana in single haul

phuket-1-11014ggXteZmbPeCFQcaByeavwInWmr.jpg

Police seized the 400 kilos of marijuana after a 'tip-off' from an informant.

phuket-4-11014UDuPDrZDVBaYANHtInmxdACRna.jpg

(From right) Suspect Sompong Tham-u-tok leaves his head bowed as

Governor Tri and Maj Gen Pekad inspect the stash.

PHUKET : -- Phuket police yesterday seized 400 kilograms of marijuana worth an estimated 20 million baht in a raid in Rawai.

Phuket Provincial Police presented suspected drug dealer Sompong “Pet” Tham-u-tok, 23, at a press conference this morning presided by Phuket Governor Tri Augkaradacha, Phuket Provincial Police Commander Pekad Tantipong and Chalong Police Superintendent Krittapad Dej-intorrasorn.

Also presented were 400 one-kilogram bricks of compact marijuana allegedly seized from his home.

The stash was discovered under a staircase in Mr Sompong’s house following a tip-off from an informant, police said.

Police estimated the street value of the haul at 20 million baht, making it one of the biggest marijuana busts on the island.

Chalong Police were tipped off by an informant that a “major” marijuana dealer in Rawai had received a large drug shipment two months ago, police said.

Acting on the tip, police set up a sting operation and arrested Mr Sompong in possession of an unspecified amount of marijuana near Chalong Circle.

Police then went with Sompong to his house where a search revealed the 400kg stash under stairs leading to the basement.

Police said that they are pursuing three more suspects who they believe worked with Mr Sompong in shipping the drugs, Maj Gen Pekad said.

Maj Gen Pekad said that marijuana is not as widespread in Phuket as ya bah (methamphetamine) and ya ice (crystal methamphetamine).

He said he believed that Phuket was just a transit point for the marijuana to be sent elsewhere.

Governor Tri added that Phuket's widespread drug problem is a major issue that needs to be solved through cooperation with drug suppression units.

Mr Sompong was charged with possession and intent to sell Class 5 narcotics (marijuana).

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=11014

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-09-22

Just think, they will throw it straight into the incinerator - what a waste!!!

Nah.. they're going to store it somewhere til it's forgotten and then sell it off again.

Why waste the resources taken from the competition?

Let's hope they'll sell it, so at least they do some good too.

Now I'm disappointed to see you're not taking this seriously. As we all know drugs are very bad. Oh what the hell, roll me a phat one!!!! Bet it's good stuff too! Bonanza time for the BiB!

Edited by bushman1666

LOL look at them all smiling at that wacky Backy!

They just cant wait to get it home and get cooking...

In Nakon Panom they used to (and still do) to cook with marijuanna like it was just another edible food

The whole family - kids included would be fed the typical Isarn food laced with Por's price Weed

And they would grow as big as Pappaya trees - that was before the big bad wolf came along...

Well... even if they do incinerate it - lets hope the wind blows this way!

You can almost see the numbers ( sorry about the pun) going through Maj Gen's head and his deputy on his right, one for you, two for me, and 'oh yes Governor the stack on the left is all yours'. In fact the guy on the left of the pic looks like he is almost having an orgasm over his prospects for his new retirement fund. :crazy::rolleyes:

Edited by daiwill60

"B)" Well I can't seem to find any negative articles in my in depth research on this substance. I have tried but noooooooo can doooooooooo. What negative articles I did find were provided by various law enforcement agencies' What will be the biggest tragedy other the burning (pun intended) these bales and based on the facts about marijuana, that this 23 yr. old will be going to the gray bar hotel for more or less a non- harmful non- addictive substance. My wife told me that marijuana was not a big issue in the 60's, 70's or 80's in Thailand. It wasn't until the late 80's early 90's that marijuana became an negative issue in Thailand. Basically Thailand adopted the US Drug enforcement agency policy on marijuana. For me I'd rather be around a bunch of stoned out people than drunks or tweaker 's (meth heads). but that's just me. I still hate alcohol and drugs but marijuana just doesn't seem to fall into this category. I don't take in any substances. I found that meditating for me is better than self medicating.The history on Marijuana is quite interesting. The book "The emperor wears no cloths" wriiten by Jack Herer ;was really informative. Basically the complete history of Hemp and the war on this non-harmful plant.":w00t:"

Edited by MILT

"Also presented were 400 one-kilogram bricks of compact marijuana allegedly seized from his home."

Hmm... 400 exactly?

Mayhaps the BiB "rounded it down", so to speak, for convenience in numbers?

Yeah and of course after 2 month exactly 400 one-kilogram bricks left.

"Chalong Police were tipped off by an informant that a “major” marijuana dealer in Rawai had received a large drug shipment two months ago, police said."

:lol:

I wrote a college thesis on the issues of marijuana at the University of Colorado. I think the laws in Thailand are very ludicrous. Expecially when you know these police officers are going to have a big fire out in some field somewhere, and sell the rest. While, this poor 23 year old is going to go to jail for a long long time.

Just think, they will throw it straight into the incinerator - what a waste!!!

Nah.. they're going to store it somewhere til it's forgotten and then sell it off again.

Why waste the resources taken from the competition?

and also they said it was probably not for phuket but distribution elsewhere but it was still in his basement for 2months after, don't think so, sounds like they were giving someone time to set this young kid up and cover there own ar$e, wonder who.