Buying A Pc For Bf3

davejonesbkk

This is an interesting post on ign.com:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195696p1.html

Recommended System Requirements

• PROCESSOR: Quad-Core CPU
  • MEMORY: 4 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 OR ATI Radeon 6950)
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible
  • Keyboard and Mouse
  • DVD ROM Drive

So what will that likely set me back?

Around 30k Baht excluding mouse/keyboard/lcd display. Here is just an idea of the items/costs.

Mainboard Asus P8H67-M LE (R3) 3150.00

CPU Intel I5-2300 5990.00

Memory Kingston 2x4 GB (8GB) XMP-T1 series 3650.00

Graphics Radeon HD6950 9890.00 Suspect this one is overkill though.

Hard drive Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Sata 6Gbps 2990.00

Case - Cooler Master Elite 335 1390.00

Power Supply - Cooler Master 650W 2900.00

Mouse/Keyboard/DVD - up2you

LCD Display

Or you can look at canned systems: http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/desktop-pcs/

• 2 weeks later...

ouch, wasnt expecting that much! Actually Im getting it cos BF3 for PC will have the 64 player servers and not those crappy 24 players ones for the console (that is not Battlefield!) and Im not too bothered if I dont have the graphics on top settings so I supposed I could save a bit on a cheaper graphics card.

ouch, wasnt expecting that much! Actually Im getting it cos BF3 for PC will have the 64 player servers and not those crappy 24 players ones for the console (that is not Battlefield!) and Im not too bothered if I dont have the graphics on top settings so I supposed I could save a bit on a cheaper graphics card.

See you haven't gotten too many responses. My spec list is certainly above the minimums but I always try to future proof my systems for a while. A shuffle on items such as below will still be sufficient.

The MB probably another one about 1000 Baht less.

Memory, 4 GB for 2000 Baht less - XMP series is higher end

Case & Power Supply, probably 2000 Baht less for middle grade

Pretty sure some video cards at around half that price or around 5000 Baht will do.

So that can reduce the price around 10k or more. The canned systems can be more cost effective.

As for my own system, I'm set and ready for the release to come out. ;)

• 4 months later...

Giving this post a re-visit, still not got round to buying this PC yet, just not had the time and still plenty of PS3 games to plough through!

So how are you finding bf3 on your setup?

I found this old post where one of the guys from Dice says that the recommended setting will only run it at medium

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/09/23/battlefield-3-recommended-specs-only-good-f/1

The power supply while good is way too powerfull for a single graphic card, a good 530W RAIDMAX will do the job for 1590THB (available at banana IT).

A radeon 6850 or Gforce 560 TI will run BF3 Flawlessly for 6000thb (or around).

You don't need a Caviar black to play BF3, any cheaper hard drive will do.

Stock Kingston RAM 2x4GB will cost you loads less and will do the job (4GB is plenty enough to play).

Good Oker gaming grade keyboard and mouse will cost you less than 1000thb, a very good balance between quality and price.

A 23'' Acer LCD with good respnse time will cost you 6000thb or around, in the meantime you can play on your LCD TV if you own one.

A 2 - 3k thb gigabyte motherboard will do perfectly aslo.

Feel free to contact me for a free quote for a full computer :)