115 Year Old Elephant Escapes Death At His Pattaya Home

Rimmer

115 year old Elephant escapes death at his Pattaya home

PATTAYA: -- A 115 year old elephant and former movie star was rescued from certain death on Wednesday. Somlak is a male elephant and in his earlier years he starred in a number of Thai Movies. He now resides in Pattaya with his master Khun Tong-un aged 46 who has taken care of him for the last 20 years. On Wednesday Somlak fell in a muddy pool after being given a routine injection by a local vet and everyone feared the worst and assumed he would die. However they refused to give-up and called in a crane to assist Somlak to his feet. After 4 worrying hours, he rose to his feet and after a few minutes he appeared to have recovered from his fall.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-09-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

well this must be the oldest elephant in the world, and not recorded !!!

They typically live for 50 to 70 years, but the oldest recorded elephant lived for 82 years.

source - http://en.wikipedia....ant#cite_note-6

Miracle Thailand, land of the oldest, the biggest, the best, the fastest, the most devout, Grand geometricians of the universe and general land of slappers (fully government endorsed for enlarging breasts).

No doubt TAT will fire off a correction to those ill-informed farang editors at Wikipedia and have them correct their blatant error immediately, after all, there's bound to be a million or two tourists attracted to the kingdom each year to view the worlds oldest pachyderm that ever lived ... or is ever likely to. :ph34r:

No doubt TAT will fire off a correction to those ill-informed farang editors at Wikipedia and have them correct their blatant error immediately, after all, there's bound to be a million or two tourists attracted to the kingdom each year to view the worlds oldest pachyderm that ever lived ... or is ever likely to. :ph34r:

TAT will most likely sue Wikipedia for lost revenue because of their "incorrect" information posted...:whistling:

Wasn't there an elephant in Chiang Mai zoo that reached about 95 years of age and only passed on a couple or so years ago? Incidentally if I ever hear the word "hub" mentioned on TV again I will scream. Surely this 'hub ' word is now wearing thin.

Wasn't there an elephant in Chiang Mai zoo that reached about 95 years of age and only passed on a couple or so years ago? Incidentally if I ever hear the word "hub" mentioned on TV again I will scream. Surely this 'hub ' word is now wearing thin.

Hubba Hubba...

Hubba Hubba...

I didn't know if you were having a shot at me or what, I googled it and I see you agree with me. We can't both be wrong. :rolleyes: