Wont Be Many Brits Left Here Soon 47 Baht To Sterling Oh Dear

It was just I thought it foolish to produce a 10 year graph which includes the Euro/Dollar melt down, but excludes the 20 year past Asia/Thai melt down and was twice as bad.

Most people posting here have an agenda of 'doom & gloom', when in reality currency fluctuations are cyclic in nature.

post-137729-0-48508100-1323592668_thumb.

Really we westerners are way better off now, than we were 20 years ago.

(Taking into account our wage/pension inflation, the various currency fluctuations and Thai price inflation)

Edited by ludditeman

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really we westerners are way better off now, than we were 20 years ago.

it all depends on the individual perspective generated by the stuff one smokes, chews, snuffs, swallows, ingests it subcutane, intravenous or by enema.

the only question remaining "is that stuff legal?" and "would any non-foolish person consume it?"

av-11672.gif

Somewhere on the internet there will be historical records from a Thai bank or banks probably back to the 1970s or earlier but I didn't bother to look that hard as I thought that 10 years plus this year would be enough.

no need for records, two rates USD THB are enough. till 1985 one US-Dollar bought 20 pegged Baht. from 1985 till the float in 1997 one US-Dollar bought 25 pegged Baht.

I am NOT going home. OK?? :lol:

Quite right, you tell them!!! biggrin.gif

By the way.......I'm a Scotsman, I'm sticking up for the English for two reasons.............

1. I don't like seeing the poor wee souls getting victimized by all those naughty Thaivisa members from the Colonies, ( and yes America, that includes you ).............and

2. It's not in our nature to see a fight and not get involved biggrin.gif

Mr Theblether, do you not think it would have been a good idea if we had held onto the colonies? The world would undoubtably been a better place and run a lot better than it is now thats for sure, they could have internal control under strict law abiding guidelines and the Royal Navy would look after the outside world for them. The £ would be the currency to have. This silly Euro nonesense would never have happened and everyone else would be living happily ever after. It is also very likely that there would still be a quaint fishing village on the east coast where people may come for holiday, build sand castles, consume tea and ice cream ( not at the same time), devour cucumber sandwiches and not have to talk about the weather. I expect the baht would be something like 1000 to £. Now see what the collective masses of planet earth have done ruined the place and all they do is complain about the Brits, well I am not going home either!

Someone has to save the world, where is Queen Victoria when you need her!

NOw anyone up for rendition of "Hearts of Oak." " Land of Hope and Glory" (No its not Big C) and "Jersulam."

By the way.......I'm a Scotsman, I'm sticking up for the English for two reasons.............

1. I don't like seeing the poor wee souls getting victimized by all those naughty Thaivisa members from the Colonies, ( and yes America, that includes you ).............and

Mr Theblether, do you not think it would have been a good idea if we had held onto the colonies? The world would undoubtably been a better place and run a lot better than it is now thats for sure, they could have internal control under strict law abiding guidelines and the Royal Navy would look after the outside world for them. The £ would be the currency to have. This silly Euro nonesense would never have happened and everyone else would be living happily ever after. It is also very likely that there would still be a quaint fishing village on the east coast where people may come for holiday, build sand castles, consume tea and ice cream ( not at the same time), devour cucumber sandwiches and not have to talk about the weather. I expect the baht would be something like 1000 to £. Now see what the collective masses of planet earth have done ruined the place and all they do is complain about the Brits, well I am not going home either!

NOw anyone up for rendition of "Hearts of Oak." " Land of Hope and Glory" (No its not Big C) and "Jersulam."

Steady on old chap, you'll upset the natives biggrin.gif

LIke wind, the best sarcasm passes unnoticed but for a puzzling suspicion that something is not right... "It was old ..."

LIke wind, the best sarcasm passes unnoticed but for a puzzling suspicion that something is not right... "It was old ..."

To be honest with you I couldn't be bothered

As I stand here singing Land of Hope and Glory with tears in my eye I salute you Nong. A rousing chorus of Jerusalem is now called for :rolleyes:

Keeps me awake every night with worry, this topic, that there won't be many Brits left here. :)

Can I just point out one thing and I am sure my Scottish friend will definitly back me up here.

The type of Brit your used too in Pattaya, is the "good old boy", ex-empire wanna be, walking around with his 18 year bird boring the bar with tales the Great British Empire. Relying on a pension which is being eroded and soon he will run out of money, be found naked with a 12 year boy (who he swears was a 40 year old woman), and be promptly deported back to blighty.

But there is a new bread of Brit with there eye on Pattaya, Patong Beach, Krabi and Patpong Market . . . THE CHAV. (Council House Adolence Vermin). We are overun with them in England .. . . and Scotland too.

This is not quite right, Pattaya has always had a large dose of near Chavs and would be Chavs, I think of them as the generation of Chavs prior to the current one in the UK, The Dogs <deleted> (pub) springs to mind, as for Empire types, you see very very few of them. Also, there's little fear that UK Chavs are a threat to our peace and quiet and our lifestyle, in Pattaya at least the Russians will soon see them off, in no uncertain terms and that should be even more scary than the Chavs themselves.

Keeps me awake every night with worry, this topic, that there won't be many Brits left here. :)

Can I just point out one thing and I am sure my Scottish friend will definitly back me up here.

The type of Brit your used too in Pattaya, is the "good old boy", ex-empire wanna be, walking around with his 18 year bird boring the bar with tales the Great British Empire. Relying on a pension which is being eroded and soon he will run out of money, be found naked with a 12 year boy (who he swears was a 40 year old woman), and be promptly deported back to blighty.

But there is a new bread of Brit with there eye on Pattaya, Patong Beach, Krabi and Patpong Market . . . THE CHAV. (Council House Adolence Vermin). We are overun with them in England .. . . and Scotland too.

This is not quite right, Pattaya has always had a large dose of near Chavs and would be Chavs, I think of them as the generation of Chavs prior to the current one in the UK, The Dogs <deleted> (pub) springs to mind, as for Empire types, you see very very few of them. Also, there's little fear that UK Chavs are a threat to our peace and quiet and our lifestyle, in Pattaya at least the Russians will soon see them off, in no uncertain terms and that should be even more scary than the Chavs themselves.

Yeah back then they were referred to as lager louts, mostly ex barrow boys and football thugs.

A little bird told me the former owner of the establishment you named was ceremoniously ejected from these shores, returned to the UK to have a foot amputated and now resides in a bedsit back in Good Old Blighty, how the mighty have fallen.

Yeah back then they were referred to as lager louts, mostly ex barrow boys and football thugs.

A little bird told me the former owner of the establishment you named was ceremoniously ejected from these shores, returned to the UK to have a foot amputated and now resides in a bedsit back in Good Old Blighty, how the mighty have fallen.

Wait for the chorus of "lucky he wasn't married to a western woman, it would have cost him an arm and a leg".

To be honest, I was stumped for a tactful reply.

At least his discretion will have improved, and he'll be less likely to put his foot in it.

So long as kept his sense of humour...

SC

he probably knows where i live...

Well today is the anniversary of the Batlle of the River Plate so I think I will just get the White Ensign out, put on the Tropical Uniform and march round the estate with my boom box playing "Hearts of Oak" Anyone care to join me they are welcome. The dvd will showing at 2pm and 5pm and I have managed to patch into the local Wat's loudspeaker system to thrill the natives!:D

Wait for the chorus of "lucky he wasn't married to a western woman, it would have cost him an arm and a leg".

At least his discretion will have improved, and he'll be less likely to put his foot in it.

SC

Same little bird told me he was hopping mad when he couldnt stump up the readies to foot his bill.

SC

Same little bird told me he was hopping mad when he couldnt stump up the readies to foot his bill.

Don't mock a man till you've walked a mile in his shoe. If the boot was on the other foot you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

straying back on topic

I see we're up to 48 to the pound; I'm worried we'll be over-run with Brits... (over-hopped, maybe, like a summer pale ale...the drink is just a crutch for me)

SC

Mocking the afflicated mr SC tut tut, perhaps you should have put an egg in the boot and beat it and why would you want to put a pale ale up your arm pit baffles me and this goes on down the Dogs <deleted> pub does it?

When I lived in the centreof the universe ( England) I remember drinking a beer called the "Dogs <deleted>" sold it on the name alone, tasted like fermented gripe water :bah: .

Well today is the anniversary of the Batlle of the River Plate so I think I will just get the White Ensign out, put on the Tropical Uniform and march round the estate with my boom box playing "Hearts of Oak" Anyone care to join me they are welcome. The dvd will showing at 2pm and 5pm and I have managed to patch into the local Wat's loudspeaker system to thrill the natives!:D

Nice one shippers.:lol:

They are lowest of the low and theres millions of them with their passports at the ready saving their benefit money frantically so get to the shores of Thailand.

it will change the way you think of Brits I guarantee you. They dont care what the exchange rate is, they are only interested in making Soi 6 (The new Golden Mile of Blackpool)

Pray, no hope they never infest the beautiful country of Thailand, on a serious note, it would spoil it for the rest of us. There coming ...

Correct!!

It must be the season of goodwill, even the Scots and English are in agreement. In England they are known as Chavs, in Scotland they are known as Neds. You have not seen anything yet.

The Duke of Wellington said........

"The French system of conscription brings together a fair sample of all classes; ours is composed of the scum of the earth — the mere scum of the earth. It is only wonderful that we should be able to make so much out of them afterwards".

He also said.........

"I don't know what effect these men will have on the enemy, but by God, they terrify me".

All I can say is.......

Trust me.........I don't know who you are, I don't know where you are from.......but this division of Brits are in a destructive league of their own. I know what I'm talking about......I live amongst them biggrin.gif.

I will make you a prediction that you will not believe if you are not British and do not have experience of these people.........the first time a Thai tries to pull a jet ski scam on a Chav or in particular a Ned......the Thai will be going home via the hospital or possibly even the morgue. I am not exaggerating. If a Thai pulls a knife on a Ned, it's all over......for the Thai. The Thais are used to the idea of threatening tourists and the tourists backing down........they will get the shock of their lives with this mob.

So maybe it's a good idea for the £ to go down against the baht......it will make it harder for these characters to make an appearance in Thailand. ph34r.gif

Just so our Scottish contingent don't feel left out......(Ps. Anyone want to contribute subtitles :whistling: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Fa1IH_l20&feature=related

Edited by roamer

They are lowest of the low and theres millions of them with their passports at the ready saving their benefit money frantically so get to the shores of Thailand.

it will change the way you think of Brits I guarantee you. They dont care what the exchange rate is, they are only interested in making Soi 6 (The new Golden Mile of Blackpool)

Pray, no hope they never infest the beautiful country of Thailand, on a serious note, it would spoil it for the rest of us. There coming ...

Correct!!

It must be the season of goodwill, even the Scots and English are in agreement. In England they are known as Chavs, in Scotland they are known as Neds. You have not seen anything yet.

The Duke of Wellington said........

"The French system of conscription brings together a fair sample of all classes; ours is composed of the scum of the earth — the mere scum of the earth. It is only wonderful that we should be able to make so much out of them afterwards".

He also said.........

"I don't know what effect these men will have on the enemy, but by God, they terrify me".

All I can say is.......

Trust me.........I don't know who you are, I don't know where you are from.......but this division of Brits are in a destructive league of their own. I know what I'm talking about......I live amongst them biggrin.gif.

I will make you a prediction that you will not believe if you are not British and do not have experience of these people.........the first time a Thai tries to pull a jet ski scam on a Chav or in particular a Ned......the Thai will be going home via the hospital or possibly even the morgue. I am not exaggerating. If a Thai pulls a knife on a Ned, it's all over......for the Thai. The Thais are used to the idea of threatening tourists and the tourists backing down........they will get the shock of their lives with this mob.

So maybe it's a good idea for the £ to go down against the baht......it will make it harder for these characters to make an appearance in Thailand. ph34r.gif

Just so our Scottish contingent don't feel left out......(Ps. Anyone want to contribute subtitles :whistling: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Fa1IH_l20&feature=related

That wisnae a ned that wiz a wean.......check out this work of art..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjC6-L6pJTI

That is part one of a documentary called The Scheme............

That wisnae a ned that wiz a wean.......check out this work of art..............

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wjC6-L6pJTI

Typical west coast peasants. I recall bouncing cheques all over town at sixteen....ahh those were the days!

But that meant you could write.....

Blether, took a look but it would be like watching Shameless without the humour.

Typical west coast peasants. I recall bouncing cheques all over town at sixteen....ahh those were the days!

Blether, took a look but it would be like watching Shameless without the humour.

Your not wrong, when that show went on air they had to pull the series as some of the cast were up on charges. The Scottish members that haven't seen it should take a look at the whole series, it's easily the most controversial series of the last few years. Real hang your head in shame stuff ( a lot of the time ).

Your not wrong, when that show went on air they had to pull the series as some of the cast were up on charges. The Scottish members that haven't seen it should take a look at the whole series, it's easily the most controversial series of the last few years. Real hang your head in shame stuff ( a lot of the time ).

I could understand what they were on about half the time, a very peculiar version of English :jap:

@ nong38

Don't worry about it.......even wee Scots have problems understanding at times too. If you can understand the West of Scotland version you can understand just about any version of English. On my travels the only version that had me stumped was Bronx.......I hadn't a clue!! blink.gif

Think you may find it suits TOT.

The rate will deter (or even force back to the UK) the 'old guys'.

If they want to come to Thailand, tourists will come to Thailand irrespective of the exchange rate.

Not really, they've all just detoured to P.I., Cambodia or just try S. America...