Honest Used-Car Dealer In Bangkok

drdaveperry

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Mitsubishi Diamond Used Cars

All offer factory backed warranties on their used cars, and sell vehicles that have been properly inspected and passed baseline QA checks.

That doesn't mean they have honest salespeople though (as an educator, you couldn't possibly think such a thing actually exists right?), but at least they have some after-sales backup, and can arrange finance from people that don't carry baseball bats ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Better define "cheap"?

Under 300,000 baht

Without any firsthand knowledge in used car dealers in BKK myself I still will state that it will be like playing in the lottery. The chances of winning there is as we all know very slim. If you still wants to go this way, you should bring along a person who knows cars well, car mechanic or similar. In One-2 car

http://www.one2car.com/ you will find over 100k units for sale, so you can find maybe 10 pcs of your preferred model in there and then go to the dealers and check the cars on your list.

I bought a 2hand Honda car myself in Pattaya, but it was much newer than what you are looking for, so I got a Honda dealer ship to check the history of it (got permission from the dealer that owned the car) and everything was found OK, so I bought it and never regretted it. However with a car this old as you are looking for, its 99% likely the the owner(s) stop using the much more expensive service from them and just used a small local garage for servicing/repair the car.

Good luck finding a good car.

Under 300,000 baht

1986 Nissan March

130,000 baht. A crap box

nissan-micra-parts.jpg

5428816348_a317ceddf1.jpg

In what way is your post helpful to the OP, who has asked for some advice in a very reasonable manner? And what purpose does the Nissan (Probably Micra not March as it seems to be in the UK) you have demonstrated actually serve? It's more likely to be £130 not 130,000THB, especially if it's Taxed and has plenty of MOT left.biggrin.gif

As I say, not particularly helpful to the OP dry.gif

Edited by Woodsie888

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

All offer factory backed warranties on their used cars, and sell vehicles that have been properly inspected and passed baseline QA checks.

That doesn't mean they have honest salespeople though (as an educator, you couldn't possibly think such a thing actually exists right?), but at least they have some after-sales backup, and can arrange finance from people that don't carry baseball bats ;)

I thought all secondhand car finance with low down, long terms and high interest made a living wearing baseball caps. They do better kickbacks, so prefered by sales staff :rolleyes:

Op, I would move up to 399k baht and get a new Honda Brio, Nissan March or Proton Savvy on finance. Unbeatable value for money, and hasselfree ownership for some years

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

I thought all secondhand car finance with low down, long terms and high interest made a living wearing baseball caps. They do better kickbacks, so prefered by sales staff :rolleyes:

Op, I would move up to 399k baht and get a new Honda Brio, Nissan March or Proton Savvy on finance. Unbeatable value for money, and hasselfree ownership for some years

I have tried for two weeks now to find a dealer that would let me buy either a new base model Honda Brio or a new base model Nissan March. Yesterday the Honda dealer refused to "waste his time" letting me buy a base model Brio. Today the same thing happened with the Nissan dealer. I am about to give up....... :-(

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

I have tried for two weeks now to find a dealer that would let me buy either a new base model Honda Brio or a new base model Nissan March. Yesterday the Honda dealer refused to "waste his time" letting me buy a base model Brio. Today the same thing happened with the Nissan dealer. I am about to give up....... :-(

Base Brio should be available for January delivery. 470k model are in stock at a few dealers

Proton Savvy in stock, and they offer farang 10% down and 48 terms free of interest in Tanachart bank. They would probably also roll out the red carpet for you :)