Private Boat Owners Urged To Help Lower Level Of Chao Phraya: Flood Crisis

webfact

Political interference with the dams and water gates also contributes to flooding. Thailand has quite a good management system in place for monitoring and managing water levels, but it doesn't work because the politicians get involved and screw it up.

End result - overfull dams are eventually forced to discharge at the worst possible time, ie. on top of the flood.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I propose a better idea. Get all the girls from Lolitas, Kangaroo, Star of Love etc, take them to the mouth of the river, give them straws and get them to suck the water downstream.

How far can we get the aircraft carrier up river??

plod.jpg

Government Seeks Boat Owners' Help to Drain Run-offs

What causes all the floods? The rain! Here is another Thai-style Einstein-Award solution to prevent rain: Why not order all aircrafts in Thailand (propeller & jet) in front of low pressure areas- give full throttle and blow away the clouds?

And no,- I don't hold a post of a Science and Technology Minister! rolleyes.gif

You should. That idea would go over very well down at the ministry. :thumbsup:

btw, can you look disapprovingly as good as the current one can?

Edited by Buchholz

So Bangkok is facing the worst floods in a generation and the best the government can do is let an ape like this propose something so stupid, that I am surprised that the international press is not already ridiculing Thailand.

So Bangkok is facing the worst floods in a generation and the best the government can do is let an ape like this propose something so stupid, that I am surprised that the international press is not already ridiculing Thailand.

This is typical developing world mentality though. In Zimbabwe they combated inflation by printing more money. In Thailand the solution to flooding is to spin boat props 24-7 and waste fuel.

This is what happens when you have a lot of people in charge with a relatively low level of education and inability to critically analyze problems.

This is typical developing world mentality though. In Zimbabwe they combated inflation by printing more money. In Thailand the solution to flooding is to spin boat props 24-7 and waste fuel.

This is what happens when you have a lot of people in charge with a relatively low level of education and inability to critically analyze problems.

Isn't the US mint currently printing money at unprecedented levels?

<snip>

The sad thing is that the staggeringly inane Plodprasop has a history. One would have hoped that his plan to serve lion and giraffe steaks while in charge of a zoo would have pre-empted any future positions of authority.

Instead, he's rewarded with an even loftier position as a Cabinet Minister. :blink::huh: