Cambodian Leader Hun Sen Scores Five Goals In Victory Over Red Shirts In Soccer Friendly

Lite Beer

More than 700 members of Thailand's red-shirt movement yesterday crossed the border through Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet checkpoint to watch the match

The consistent exaggerated lying by Red Shirt Leaders continues...

Ten thousand reds to cheer football match in Phnom Penh

Pheu Thai MP Weng Tojirakan on Thursday said more than 10,000 red shirts would next week attend the friendly football match in Phnom Penh.

I believe that a prediction that is not fulfilled is not called "lying", sir.

If he had said 10,000 came to watch when there were in fact 700, that would be lying.

I notice that the FM has just met the UN sec-gen and discussed improving Thai-Cambodian relations. It doesnt seem to be getting much english language press coverage (yet?).

Its not surprising that relations between Thailand and Cambodia are improving; current governments are much more 'morally aligned', with similar mentalities. :whistling:

Eton educated Abhisit, although being the obvious choice to help Thailand's credibility with the US, UK, etc, just can't relate to these, comparatively uneducated politicians, who go into politics for different reasons, and who's thinking is more insular (just speculation of course).

Shame we can't have YL's govt to deal with 'local' nations, and Abhisit to deal with the rest of the world, to give a more 'palatable' image of LOS to the rest of the world... Or just give Issarn to Thaksin :lol:

During the second half, the red team scored six more goals - including four by Hun Sen, from whom members of the blue team dared not try to take the ball.

Bowing to their other master.

Can you imagine the wires that would be strapped to the testicles of anyone who dared cross His Holiness Hun Sen. Short sharp shocks for several hours followed by a bullet and teeth sandwich.

It is however a well-known fact that any number ever given by Red Shirt leaders is drastically over-optimistic, some times in the ratio of 10 times the true number.

Spin it as you want.

Any examples other than the one I have already given, once you've defined "drastically over optimistic" in terms of multipliers that is?

Pretty much every rally/demo/ etc that the reds have held are exaggerated by tenfold. Don't pretend you don't know that.

It is however a well-known fact that any number ever given by Red Shirt leaders is drastically over-optimistic, some times in the ratio of 10 times the true number.

Spin it as you want.

Any examples other than the one I have already given, once you've defined "drastically over optimistic" in terms of multipliers that is?

Pretty much every rally/demo/ etc that the reds have held are exaggerated by tenfold. Don't pretend you don't know that.

Try me, pick a rally - not the million man march one as I have already stated.

Edited by phiphidon

More than 700 members of Thailand's red-shirt movement yesterday crossed the border through Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet checkpoint to watch the match

The consistent exaggerated lying by Red Shirt Leaders continues...

Ten thousand reds to cheer football match in Phnom Penh

Pheu Thai MP Weng Tojirakan on Thursday said more than 10,000 red shirts would next week attend the friendly football match in Phnom Penh.

I believe that a prediction that is not fulfilled is not called "lying", sir.

If he had said 10,000 came to watch when there were in fact 700, that would be lying.

Dr. weng probably didn't know (yet) k. Thaksin wouldn't attend. As this match was not about k. Thaksin it explains Dr. weng being off a wee bit with his initial estimate of what possibly could have been if some one had attended ;)

Edited by rubl