For Xl Prints...I Need Xl Files

Hi

I want to decorate the walls of a large interior space.

I had in mind those wraparound canvases with no exterior frame....you know them?

The ones between 3 and 5 cm deep and you see nothing but the square edges of the canvas which is staples behind.

So I was thinking of black and white banana leaves and so on, simple pleasant shapes.

Then I had a brainwave. I went to the large roller printer shop where they make banners and so on.

They have a long 4m machine, but they also have a finer quality smaller machine, it does 120cm minus about 10 for border.

My idea is to print to artificial plastic canvas, then to mount this on the rear frame.

That means that with a wraparound I could make pics a metre or so wide.

Here's where this forum comes in.

I am now thinking of using historical oriental images, Siam or environs.

I shall need very large files.

I realise one can buy these at photo libraries, but is it possible to widen my horizons and save money and find these large image files elsewhere for free?

cheers Cheeryble

ps: what are the largest files?

pps: yes I have thought that maybe I can use smaller files and have a less defined picture and it MIGHT look OK....

Try searching Google Images: Go to google and search for something like historical oriental images, then click "Images" on the left, and further down under "Any size" pick "Larger than" and pick something reasonable. I tried with 20MB and it already gave some 1,620 images. If you still don't see what you like try changing keywords and/or lower your size limit.

Try searching Google Images: Go to google and search for something like historical oriental images, then click "Images" on the left, and further down under "Any size" pick "Larger than" and pick something reasonable. I tried with 20MB and it already gave some 1,620 images. If you still don't see what you like try changing keywords and/or lower your size limit.

Thankyou Phil

there are some possibilities there I shall loosen the parameters and hunt further....

• 5 months later...

If they are historical images then they won't be large definition files. I think your trying to get something for free that doesn't exist even if you pay for it.

If they are historical images then they won't be large definition files. I think your trying to get something for free that doesn't exist even if you pay for it.

A lot is possible with digital photo Technic.....jap.gif