Hat Yai Hotels

j634

Hi,

I have to travel to Hatyai in October and want to stay near the shopping area.

I was looking for a recent update on the status of Lee Gardens or something similar close to that area. If you are not sure where it is the place that has McDonalds.

I have a budget of 1400 baht per night and need to spend it all on a hotel as i can't keep left overs.

Thanks,

James

Novotel is right across from Lee Garden Plaza, does cross the road in front of MacDonalds and hop in the elevator. Lee Garden Plaza hotel usually goes for 1200 - 1300 a night, but prices vary, rooms are a bit run down though, and I'd definitely prefer staying at Novotel. Rooms are much better and the restaurants are great (Thursday night used to be Japanese buffet, with great quality stuff for somewhere around 600 or 700 a person). Prices at Novotel can vary though, last time I stayed we paid 1500, but we got a discount booking through a friends agent office.

Thanks for the information about Novotel. I was looking at the reviews of Lee Garden and noticed some posts about the rooms being old and smelly.

The Novotel was priced higher, but I did find a price of 1300 Baht on the net. I don't mind spending a bit more as my family will be joining me.

I have had experience of not booking before and show up and have gotten a better rate. The risk is that they may be booked.

Thanks,

James

Thanks for the information about Novotel. I was looking at the reviews of Lee Garden and noticed some posts about the rooms being old and smelly.

The Novotel was priced higher, but I did find a price of 1300 Baht on the net. I don't mind spending a bit more as my family will be joining me.

I have had experience of not booking before and show up and have gotten a better rate. The risk is that they may be booked.

Thanks,

James

Try the pink lady hotel its right next to lee gardens,not too expensive either.

Thanks,

James

Try the pink lady hotel its right next to lee gardens,not too expensive either.

The name sounds a litle dubious and I will be with my family.

James

Have no recent knowledge but always liked the Lee Gardens Plaza with wife when stayed there about a decade ago as rooms and food were good and at a reasonable price. The buffet on floor 33 was very good value. Always paid the little extra for jr suite room which were large. Before it was built had used the original Lee Gardens Hotel on the other side of train station and that was also good value with good food.