Inventive Way To Get Buying 'Option' Needed

Hi

Having moved on from a bum deal and actually got all my expenditure back, I now have in my sights a 2rai plot.

Now 2 rai for me is a lot to pay for a lot to wall a lot to fill and a lot to look after. So I have in mind either sharing it with a friend or probably two, or buying all and selling onward, perhaps after I have improved it. I can even even build my house, then put that up for sale and take one of the other portions if I have decided after more time it might be better sited for some reason.

It occurs to me that apart from the unavoidable modest expenses for subdividing the chanot if I buy and sell part, there will also be transfer fees, including a maximum business tax as it may be a quick turnover.

If I remember the transfer fees may come to a whacking 6% or more, in this case approaching 200k baht.

The question:

Any smart way I can avoid these fees yet control the land at least for some time?

I have in mind an option.......which is really only a contract for right to buy at a certain fixed price for a certain fixed time. A small non-refundable deposit, say 1%, might be given as the carrot and be the cost of the option.

However a contract like this is only a personal contract rather than a real right.

Any great minds have any input?

Completely different methods welcome!