New Indian Restaurant

Oink

A really good new Indian restaurant has opened opposite Royal Garden Plaza on 2nd Road on the corner where "The Old Dutch" used to be. Had several really good meals in there and it is reasonably priced. Been looking for a good Indian for a long time!

I think he means ZAIKA. I checked the menu out but haven't eaten there yet but I looked like a serious Indian restaurant. The prices are not cheap at all. 300 baht curries for example typically. So if you are talking about ordering a complete meal, 500-600 baht per person. They have some thali plates, something like 500 baht. I suppose worth it in this market if it is really good.

What I would love to see in Pattaya? A place doing lunch and dinner HIGH QUALITY Indian buffet with varied curries everyday plus fresh tandoori at least chicken, in the 350 range. There are those 200 baht Indian tour group places and they are fine, but the menus don't get changed much and the food is just pedestrian. No complaint for 200 baht but I think there is a market for better quality/higher price. 500 baht too high though.

Edited by Jingthing

Try the Curry Hut in the beer plaza Jomtien...fantastic, really is the only curry I have found in Thailand that tastes like a traditional English madras/masala....cheap also, curries are 130-180-...nam bread 30 and pilau rice 60......dont bother with the popadoms as the pickle tray is crap...need to ask for punjabi style curry

Try the Curry Hut in the beer plaza Jomtien...fantastic, really is the only curry I have found in Thailand that tastes like a traditional English madras/masala....cheap also, curries are 130-180-...nam bread 30 and pilau rice 60......dont bother with the popadoms as the pickle tray is crap...need to ask for punjabi style curry

Phom I don't know Jomtien that well, can you let me know where the Beer Plaza is, basically I know the statue, immigration and beach road.

Thanks in advance

RabC

I tried Spice --the one on Beach Rd. upstairs near Royal Garden and it was good ; however, on the expensive side. I often wonder if there is a "law" that Indian restaurants have to have the brown heavy wooden chairs and tables covered with white table cloths? Everyone has the same idea in furniture and lay out.

Slightly off topic I know, but why is Indian food in Thailand 2 or 3 times the price of Thai food ----- basically they share common root cuisines with chillies, rice etc.

Without doing a comprehensive survey, I got the impression that Indian food in Vietnam was only 30 or 40% more expensive than the local food.

Slightly off topic I know, but why is Indian food in Thailand 2 or 3 times the price of Thai food ----- basically they share common root cuisines with chillies, rice etc.

Without doing a comprehensive survey, I got the impression that Indian food in Vietnam was only 30 or 40% more expensive than the local food.

i think the main CORE spices are all imported, i went to an indian supplier once and the ingredients arnt cheap

also, they have lamb, which again isnt in Thai Dishes, which is expensive in thailand

TO NOTE

Am i the only one that finds chicken in indian food far more tender and of better quilty then Thai Dishes?

PS

Am i also the only person that prefers Indian Food over thai food?

PPS

Also why do Thais ( apart from Chinesse Thai's ) hate to eat idian food?

Phom I don't know Jomtien that well, can you let me know where the Beer Plaza is, basically I know the statue, immigration and beach road.

Thanks in advance

RabC

2nd Road Jomtien opposite Soi 6.....at the end you see Aussie bar, turn in and then immediate right follow round to the parade of shops/salons/massage on the right and about 100 yards up there...seriously is the only one I have found in Thailand that tastes good...dont forget ask for punjabi style.

Thanks in advance

RabC

2nd Road Jomtien opposite Soi 6.....at the end you see Aussie bar, turn in and then immediate right follow round to the parade of shops/salons/massage on the right and about 100 yards up there...seriously is the only one I have found in Thailand that tastes good...dont forget ask for punjabi style.

Cheers mate, I am still yet to find a decent Indian around here.

The PCEC Frugal Freddy group can honestly say one of the best Indian restaurant in Pattaya is Spices 2 off of 3rd road north of Pattaya Klang just past the back entrance (3rd road entrance) to Big C extra. Complete menu and Vegetarian Buffet (always have one chicken dish on buffet) for lunch and dinner all you can eat for B199 reasonable drink prices and if you are a Frugal Freddy member through PCEC you get a 20% discount on both food and drink.

We are going there as a group on 10/31 6pm anyone can join us that night no membership card required. Fantastic Indian food.

Thanks in advance

RabC

past statue on new rd ie jontiem second rd turn into bar complex on left and then immediately right past front of aussie bar then left ie follow round to left see curry hut on right----------not as hard as sounds. the chicken biriani at 100b take away is dam_n good ---------if you kept on new rd and didnt turn into bar complex see small italian on right short distance away ---------very good too.

Thanks in advance

RabC

past statue on new rd ie jontiem second rd turn into bar complex on left and then immediately right past front of aussie bar then left ie follow round to left see curry hut on right----------not as hard as sounds. the chicken biriani at 100b take away is dam_n good ---------if you kept on new rd and didnt turn into bar complex see small italian on right short distance away ---------very good too.

I agree about the 'Curry Hut', very acceptable and about half the price of Ali Baba. Just around the corner from there is a new Indonesian restaurant, 'Bali Breeze' which I tried last night. Truely excellent. Food, service and value.