Walen School - Phuket

MacWalen

Hi guys,

Walen school is now very well established in Phuket, we are getting more and more students every month. The Walen system of teaching clearly works, you are invited to visit the school and talk to our students as well as sit in an actual class. We have many classes to chose from.

This Monday 3rd October at 5 pm we also have a seminar on how to learn at Walen Phuket for free. It will be worth your time if you can make it.

Walen School - see for yourself!

I have a question for MacWalen.

Can you explain why your hourly instructor rates are 3 to 4 times the rates of your competitors? Kathu language school and LinguaPlus are 250-350B an hour, but yours is 1000B. And I'm talking about Thai instructor vs. Thai instructor and farang instructor vs. farang instructor.

Can you explain why your hourly instructor rates are 3 to 4 times the rates of your competitors? Kathu language school and LinguaPlus are 250-350B an hour, but yours is 1000B. And I'm talking about Thai instructor vs. Thai instructor and farang instructor vs. farang instructor.

Valid question SB, but you confused me on the "Thai instructor vs. Thai instructor and farang instructor vs. farang instructor" (GOM can be daft at times).

Sure, 1000thb an hour, pang.

Valid question SB, but you confused me on the "Thai instructor vs. Thai instructor and farang instructor vs. farang instructor" (GOM can be daft at times).

That's how he can afford to be a sponsor

That had me scratching my head as well....glad it's not just me!! I thought were going along the lines of 'Yes, we have no bananas'

Hi ScubaBuddha, not sure where you got your info from but it is not accurate. www.thaiwalen.com/prices.php

Our most expensive lessons are 750 Baht and if you take more they are 600 Baht. We have a lot of students and we do not compete with other schools on price. If low price is what you are looking for you can probably find schools for less then the prices you mentioned.

We are not concerned about competition, what Walen does works, our business model has been copied by many school I don't know times now, in all locations Walen schools are very busy and it is getting this way in Phuket also.

There are many schools in Phuket but if someone likes our way of teaching then they are welcome to try at Walen.

Walen School - not the cheapest but the best value.

We are talking here about private lessons, our group lessons are only 24,960 baht for 180 lessons, optimal price, also introduced and tested by Walen, most schools will offer similar price.

Walen has unique partnership program that other school certainly do not have and with it students can learn for free!

Walen School - what we do works!

We are talking here about private lessons, our group lessons are only 24,960 baht for 180 lessons, optimal price, also introduced and tested by Walen, most schools will offer similar price.

24960/180=138

So this means that the classes are 138 baht per hour? Or what is the hourly price for this package?

24960/180=138

So this means that the classes are 138 baht per hour? Or what is the hourly price for this package?

Not per hour, per lesson, one lesson is 50 min. long.

If someone thinks that 138.6 baht per 50 min.lesson is too expensive then I think you do not know the Thai reality and how much things cost. Rent, salaries, Internet, phones, advertising, taxes etc. We are not government funded and the Walen school also needs to make some profit.

On top of the 138.6 baht per lesson you get top ED visa assistance and DCS system. It is very good value for money.

Walen School - try first buy later.

I find it funny how these language institutes pitch the 1 year visa.

"Come to our school, drop the 24,000, and you'll get a 1 year education visa! Oh yeah, and there are some language courses included........"

Not bagging on your outfit, Mac Walen, just an observation.

The usual two grumpy people!

Never met the school owners, nor any students, but Walen does have a reputation that other language schools do not. If the school was a scam, if would have been outted many moons ago. Big difference!

Supplying an education visa to learn Thai is not a scam. It is the intentions of the student that make it so.

PS. Are you applying to be a mod? You'd be perfect.

Never met the school owners, nor any students, but Walen does have a reputation that other language schools do not. If the school was a scam, if would have been outted many moons ago. Big difference!

Please don't put words in my mouth, I for sure did not say his school is a scam, I merely mentioned an observation (as said in post) that I often see these language schools advertising the visa more prominently than the actual quality of the school.

Please don't put words in my mouth, I for sure did not say his school is a scam, I merely mentioned an observation (as said in post) that I often see these language schools advertising the visa more prominently than the actual quality of the school.

We certainly know how to teach Thai and we base our business on it, we also provide first class ED visa assistance if any of our students would require it. The best way is to test us, come to our school and see for yourself. Take a demo lesson. Every location where we have our schools is very busy and it is getting this way in Phuket also.

Walen School - we know how to teach, test us

And therefore, you should have stated so in your statement. As it is now, your statement insinuated as such.

Did you read the last sentence of the post?

"Not bagging on your outfit, Mac Walen, just an observation."

And then you call KB and I grumpy? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................the kettle is indeed black.

As an aside:

Many years ago I was involved in an investigation of language schools in Australia. They were almost exclusively for Chinese students to learn english.

We discovered several of the schools physically did not have the facilities for all their students. That is, if all students turned up for lessons the schools could only accomodate about 1/3 of them!

They were thinly disguised ripoffs designed to extract fees from the Chinese in exchange for visas to Australia.

We closed most of the schools down, but virtually all the students reside in Australia to this day.

Just for interest, not suggesting for a minute this is the case here.

Sadly most instituitons have realised that being able to provide documentation so that a student can obtain a ED visa is a very good marketing tool, and one of the main reasons students enrol....I juts think that it is a high price to pay...course fees, visa fees, travelling to Embassy to get visa, accomodation while getting visa, extension fees......approx cost 3,500 a month....thats an expensive way to stay in Miracle Land.

Hi ScubaBuddha, not sure where you got your info from but it is not accurate. www.thaiwalen.com/prices.php

Our most expensive lessons are 750 Baht and if you take more they are 600 Baht. We have a lot of students and we do not compete with other schools on price. If low price is what you are looking for you can probably find schools for less then the prices you mentioned.

We are not concerned about competition, what Walen does works, our business model has been copied by many school I don't know times now, in all locations Walen schools are very busy and it is getting this way in Phuket also.

There are many schools in Phuket but if someone likes our way of teaching then they are welcome to try at Walen.

Walen School - not the cheapest but the best value.

Got my info from your staff in the Chalong Phuket office. When I popped in to check it out, I was quoted 1000B per 50m session for private English lessons for Thai's with a farang instructor. Perhaps your Phuket staff have two price lists? One official one not?

Got my info from your staff in the Chalong Phuket office. When I popped in to check it out, I was quoted 1000B per 50m session for private English lessons for Thai's with a farang instructor. Perhaps your Phuket staff have two price lists? One official one not?

1,000 Baht for 50 minutes...............that cant be right

Best not to talk in copy, old chap - people will think you're a dork (or, worse, have a background in advertising).

This is an Internet discussion forum, not a billboard over a freeway.

Also, there's punctuation missing in two of the above three quotes.

Best not to talk in copy, old chap - people will think you're a dork (or, worse, have a background in advertising).

This is an Internet discussion forum, not a billboard over a freeway.

Also, there's punctuation missing in two of the above three quotes.

Thank you Robroy for joining the thread. Of course we are a business and we need customers. The world needs to somehow know that there is a good school like Walen out there. We are the most popular Thai school in Thailand but we plan to build new schools and we need more happy customers. We offer free demo lessons so potential students have nothing to lose. The Walen system is amazing, works very well. Also we offer for all of our students free DCS.

Walen School - more and more popular.

We are the most popular Thai school in Thailand

And just how do you know that? Got any independently arrived at statistics to back that statement up?

I see on your web-site that you claim to be not just the most popular Thai language school in Thailand, but, the entire world!

Edited by KarenBravo

Hey MacWalen!

Not everyone in Phuket is some dumb dick pensioner injecting their opinion like anyone gives a shit. I know at least 2 people in this thread. Broke losers stirring the shit.

Edited by BillR

Hey MacWalen!

Not everyone in Phuket is some dumb dick pensioner injecting their opinion like anyone gives a shit. I know at least 2 people in this thread. Broke losers stirring the shit.

Thanks for your insight into this matter. I have been having those interesting conversations for years now. From time to time there is somebody who does not like us so much but overall we have nothing to complain about, business is great, schools are busy and the trend is positive.

Still guys, if you have never studied Thai I invite you to try Walen, free demo lessons and if you attend your lessons results are guaranteed. Walen system works for everyone! Of course ED visa assistance provided should anybody need it.

Walen School - learn Thai with us.