Importing Dogs Into Thailand

Thailand has very good facilities to bring your dog with you. It must travel on the same flight as you. It travels as excess baggage. You must have all the necessary vaccinations and papers. When you arrive at the airport there is a vetinary department where you bring your dog and get it inspected and check the papers. You pay no duty. You must fly into Bangkok.

If you send the dog by normal airfreight you will have to go through so much red tape and pay duty and it miught take a day or two to get the dog released.

Your dog needs vaccination (rabies and more), a health-certificate not older than 3 days from your home-country. When you book your dog on your flight, the airline will inform the vet at bangkok-airport. When you start your flight, they fax all the dog-documents to the vet in bangkok.

After landing you get your dog and have to go to the vet. I had to pay 100 Baht.

You have to go through the red-channel and pay again 1000 Baht.

Thats it.

Your dog needs vaccination (rabies and more), a health-certificate not older than 3 days from your home-country. When you book your dog on your flight, the airline will inform the vet at bangkok-airport. When you start your flight, they fax all the dog-documents to the vet in bangkok.

After landing you get your dog and have to go to the vet. I had to pay 100 Baht.

You have to go through the red-channel and pay again 1000 Baht.

Thats it.

hi guys. thanks for the advice about my dogs three of them .two poms and a jack russell king charles cross .they are all 18 months old and well behaved little dogs. i have been quoted 800 dollars each to get them to thailand .its not the money i just want to get them there safe and get them out of the airport asap .this is good news . thanks again , james