Car Pass For Cm Air Base

Pigman

I got pulled over the other day because I do not have one of the yellow and red circular passes for cutting through from the airport to the top end of Suthep Road. These passes are as common as fleas on a Thai dog, but I've no idea what it is called or where I can get one.

Can anybody put me right please? Do the people who issue these things speak English? My Thai is minimal.

Thanks.

I'm putting this in all the relevant threads, because I want any info I can get. This route would be a godsend for me, as I do all my traveling around town on a bicycle, and the southwest corner of the moat is pretty exciting on a bike. I checked a map, and found the road was quite easy to reach from my place, so went to explore. The man at the checkpoint gave me a rueful look and shook his head while people on motosais whizzed by: mai daai. No admittance. It seemed silly, but I didn't argue. Is that the rule? Obviously, I don't have a driver's license, or any kind of vehicle registration.

The threads will tell you all you need to know, except I think now you can apply anytime, although I think the permit will expire at the end of the year. ( There then seems to be about a 2-3 month 'grace' period). It's worth trying, but you must be able to explain to the guard that you want to go in to get a permit, no Thai spoken, difficult!

The threads will tell you all you need to know, except I think now you can apply anytime, although I think the permit will expire at the end of the year. ( There then seems to be about a 2-3 month 'grace' period). It's worth trying, but you must be able to explain to the guard that you want to go in to get a permit, no Thai spoken, difficult!

..many years ago my friend was driving her car and was stopped at the check-point, the little plick did tell her he had a sticker in his sentry box she could buy for 80 baht, which she did and the little plick even stuck it on the window for her..off she went, all smiles and happy.

Week later she was driving the same way and a line of cars were pulled over with an officer checking stickers. He checked hers and ordered her to the office where she was interrogated..seems the sticker she bought belonged to another's car!

So,beware of this scam as well. Thais cutting corners :whistling: