Reasonable Sports Car For Under 10 Million

somala

What about a Volvo C30 Polestar?

As a male under 60 I couldn't drive a Volvo, and as a hetrosexual I certainly couldn't drive a car called a "pole star" :o

hehe :)

Well i kind of get your point, but it is the ultimate hatchback/rally car. And as far as I have read it is only labeled P+, and I think the Volvo image is improving with their new S60, XC60 and C30.

But polestar still sounds like a gogo bar :(

Agree but T5-R sounds cool AND it was. :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy. :(

"The Gukes of Hazzard" :whistling:

It does not appear that the driver was traveling that fast. I watched the image after reading the first 'Crazy' comment... I couldn't see what was crazy, undertaking at speed ?

I assume some of the comments come from people who have not driven on the express ways, I didn't see anything crazy, just a faster car driving fast but carefully on a relatively quiet expressway.

At one point a pickup pulls out in front of the Corvette and it easily handles dropping a little speed to compensate.... Nothing crazy about this at all unless you are one of the people who thinks driving above 120 kph is crazy.

And as 120kph is the speed limit that opinion is fair enough, but I for one nearly always break that 120 kph speed limit and undertake in a similar manner. I'm sure many other frequent drivers in Thailand drive in a similar manner.

Corvette is one to add to the list... how much are they in Thailand ? (LHD though)....

agreed i saw so much open road i waiting for the driver to floor it and take us for a ride, i dont think he ever got the tac over 3k

hmmm 10 million... you could do so much with that if you lower your expectations...

Chevy Cruze (you know it's the best!) with LS1 swap + RWD conversion? With added braking and suspension mods you could pretty much wipe the floor with such a machine. More than enough money to get it done right (i.e nicely modifying the interior around the transmission tunnel, widened arches for fatter wheels, etc), and probably still have plenty of change (to spend on gasoline).

hmmm 10 million... you could do so much with that if you lower your expectations...

Chevy Cruze (you know it's the best!) with LS1 swap + RWD conversion? With added braking and suspension mods you could pretty much wipe the floor with such a machine. More than enough money to get it done right (i.e nicely modifying the interior around the transmission tunnel, widened arches for fatter wheels, etc), and probably still have plenty of change (to spend on gasoline).

God man, TC will have wet dreams with a 502 under the hood. :shock1:

God man, TC will have wet dreams with a 502 under the hood. :shock1:

The Hood of his Anorak.?.My Smley is ducked

I fooled around with the original BMC Mini's decades ago and for me the BMW Mini is a gimmick. Just my opinion. :)

I'm inclined to agree, the command stalks look and feel like they're out of a kid's toy... They tried way too hard to make it a fun car, something that came naturally to the original!

But you have to admit, for a small, modern FWD car, they have pretty good performance, especially the Cooper S or JCW models. But hardly worth the cost here.

during weekends there are more Minis in Hua Hin, than Yaris :whistling:

Less than a million, Fiesta 1,6 S hatch dsg, swedish Ford kompressor kit. More fun, more unique, even in pink it wouldnt be girlie :D

Not like this one :lol:

post-41816-0-24236400-1318044661_thumb.j

I fooled around with the original BMC Mini's decades ago and for me the BMW Mini is a gimmick. Just my opinion. :)

I'm inclined to agree, the command stalks look and feel like they're out of a kid's toy... They tried way too hard to make it a fun car, something that came naturally to the original!

But you have to admit, for a small, modern FWD car, they have pretty good performance, especially the Cooper S or JCW models. But hardly worth the cost here.

during weekends there are more Minis in Hua Hin, than Yaris :whistling:

Less than a million, Fiesta 1,6 S hatch dsg, swedish Ford kompressor kit. More fun, more unique, even in pink it wouldnt be girlie :D

Not like this one :lol:

post-41816-0-24236400-1318044661_thumb.j

no thats unique

Mini T/A :D

• 6 months later...

Had been giving this a lot of though myself as buying a new car (not in LOS but the Middle East so a dam_n lot cheaper).

Out of all the sports cars I looked at found the Maserati GT to be the best value and most practicle for crap roads. Mate has an R8 and has to be so careful on the bad roads and high speed bumps where I am. However in the end I decided to go for a BMW 750Li as the sports cars are just too impracticle for me nowerdays. Was also tempted by a ML63 AMG and X6-M power but got the 750 couple of years old for so much less money.

Anyway good luck. I find the looking at cars to buy the most fun part.

Edited by deankham

....or how about a MINI COOPER S JCW GP....like I have! Not outright sport, but with its supercharger and light weight and only 2 seats comes pretty close. You can get one 2nd hand for around 2m and a little for a good low mileage model (mine has only 15000 miles on it) and have plenty of money to spare...to buy a big limo or so! It is exclusive, eye catching, goes plenty fast, sounds gorgeous with its exhaust pops....and girls luv it! cool.gif

Not quite the same is it, when you're down the pub having a few beers with your mates. When someone will ask, "wot you drivin mate?" and you reply "mini" imagine barrels of laughter!!! :)

I fooled around with the original BMC Mini's decades ago and for me the BMW Mini is a gimmick. Just my opinion. smile.gif

I know a bit off topic from the OP's question, but I also had an original (real) Mini Cooper S (1969 MK II), and whilst the BMW Mini may be a fine car in it's own way, it is in some way sad that for some people the BMW model will be he first thing they think of when somebody mentions a Mini.