Internet Fax (Send And Receive) With Thai Local Number

ryosuke

I am looking for suitable internet fax service while I am away from Thailand.

I have small business here and I need to do following things.

1,Receiving fax with my usual thai local fax number.

2,Sending fax through internet.

I don't see any problem for sending fax but I don't know how to receive fax using my own number.

If anyone know how to do or know suitable service please let me know.

Efax is no good, it wont give you a Thai number..

You need a computer based solution with your telephone line connected to a modem in your PC.

Perhaps microsoft fax is a good but no experience of it, or google terms such as "windows fax server", look for things such as 'email to fax' and 'fax to email' support.

There will be no cloud or internet based services that will work with a Thai telephone number

I used to use WinFax Pro years ago and it was easy to use and worked great. Not sure what is out there today. Essential Fax had a decent website. It sends and recieves faxes via a Modem, and not via an internet connection. This may be what you want. If you want internet and phone line both, that might take some research. I am sure some product probably does both.

http://www.essentialfax.com/fax-software/faq.html

There will be no cloud or internet based services that will work with a Thai telephone number

Toll free forwarding .com (not a recommendation) seem to do this, though it isnt cheap and it does involve creating a new Thai number, whereas the OP seemed to want to be able to use his existing number. Of course to do that would require the possibility of de-materialising the existing number, and whilst this is totally possible in Europe or the US, I don't think it can be done here (yet).

It might be worth opening one of the free fax2mail services that use European or US numbers. I have a couple of these: they work fine but I hardly ever need to use them these days, as few people send faxes any more. Nice for weeding out junk faxes though. :)

As for the software mentioned, none of it will allow anyone to receive faxes sent to a fax number, unless of course the PC is connected via modem to that particular phone line. This doesnt seem to be the OP's situation at all. Sending, of course, isnt a problem as the OP mentions.

You could always use a remote PC control service like Log Me In (free) to check faxes sent to your PC equipped with a modem which would keep the fax in your fax software inbox (either a stand alone program or the fax program that is included in Win XP )

You also could send faxes the same way by writing them using a stand alone word processing program or the Word Pad also included in XP since you could then print and when asked which printer, choose your fax program. If you want the receiver to see that the fax came from your Thai number instead of via the Internet

All this can be done while you control your PC remotely via the Internet , while away from Thailand

The only downside to this method is that anyone calling your Thai telephone number will just get a fax tone and of course you will be responsible for International Direct Dialing rates from Thailand to where the fax is going

Never mind. I just realized you are looking for a way to view the faxes received in Thailand while you are away.

[Mods, feel free to delete.]

Edited by wpcoe