Which 3G Prepaid Provider For Galaxy Ace In Bkk? (900 & 2100 Mhz)

QuestionMark

Hello,

I'm looking for a pre paid 3g provider that I can use for my samsung galaxy ace, I want to use it as a modem to surf on my laptop etc.

I think it only supports 900 and 2100 mhz for 3g?

Which provider that sends 3g signal on 900 or 2100 mhz has the best deal, it does't have to be the cheapest,

speed, coverage and if possible unlimited (or at least a lot of) gb transfer are more important but lower price is good also obviously..

thanks for any help!

Do you have any voice or text requirements?

If solely a data play then TOT or one of their resellers (iKool, iMoble 3GX, IEC, Mojo, 365) may be the best option. These are all on TOT's 3G network on 2100Mhz on ~ 500 base-stations in the greater Bangkok area.

http://www.tot3g.net/default.aspx

http://www.i-bkk.com/ilocation/viewer/

If you require voice, text and 3G (900 Mhz) data then AIS/One-2-Call may be the better choice.

http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/en/3g/

thank you and sorry that I forgot to include the info: I don't need sms period and voice only for like emergencies - does tot 3g mean I have no voice capabilities at all or just that their voice package is less good?

if I can top up my voice package with like 50thb or so that is really all I need - if it means I absolutely can't call or recieve calls with tot 3g I'd rather pick AIS

edit:

just looked at the tot website, answered above but have more questions :)

If I choose "prepaid" "on net" I can see "load PLATINUM" "850 thb" "3g 6gb" "30 sms" "talk 60(minutes I guess?)"

if I choose "net sim" I can see "30 days" "790 thb" "unlimited hspa" - this is the one without voice/sms right?

for "net sim" is unlimited there really unlimited or is the speed capped after x gb? in the T&C it says it can't be topped up so I have to buy a new card once the period is over?

same for "load platinum" is this full 3g speed for 6gb? T&C here are only in Thai which I unfortunately can't read yet - what is the max speed there, in the t&c for the netsim it says mbps - is this the same or slower/faster?

Edited by QuestionMark

With TOT 3G, and the appropriate plan/promotion/SIM you can make/receive voice calls and SMSes, within the TOT network. This functionality becomes less dependable once you move off the TOT network (no 3G, no 2G, limited voice/text roaming now, but maybe onto AIS's national network, at least for some limited number of customers).

You should also check out all of the promotions by TOT's resellers: links are on the TOT 3G page.

http://www.iec3g.com/web/home.php

http://www.i-kool.net/th/index.php

http://www.i-mobile3gx.com/main/

http://www.mojo3g.com/

http://www.365.co.th/store/

You may want to wait until you arrive, and maybe experiment with several SIMs to see if you have coverage and are happy with it?

I don't have any experience with TOT directly; I did try an iMobile 3GX SIM for ~ 60 days. So my responses are not based on actual experience.

You can try Google Translate, often it yields an understandable translation.

If I choose "prepaid" "on net" I can see "load PLATINUM" "850 thb" "3g 6gb" "30 sms" "talk 60(minutes I guess?)"

Yes, that promotion includes bundled text and voice. After 60 minutes I think you would pay 1.25 baht/min for a voice call.

The City Kard and Super Load T's and C's (see below) read like a post-paid service with a term of 12 months.

if I choose "net sim" I can see "30 days" "790 thb" "unlimited hspa" - this is the one without voice/sms right?

Yes, that is how I interpret the T's & C's. Note that speeds are capped at 2 Mbps.

for "net sim" is unlimited there really unlimited or is the speed capped after x gb? in the T&C it says it can't be topped up so I have to buy a new card once the period is over?

Speed is capped at 2 Mbps for the entire term, as I read it. It cannot be topped up up. BTW, how long are you planning on staying? Will you be in one location? You might consider AIS/One-2-Call as they have some bundled WiFi plans, and there might be WiFI APs near your location?

same for "load platinum" is this full 3g speed for 6gb? T&C here are only in Thai which I unfortunately can't read yet - what is the max speed there, in the t&c for the netsim it says mbps - is this the same or slower/faster?

There are no speed limitations mentioned in the Super Load/Load Platinum T's & C's, so would expect the top speed to be limited only by the network/capacity. Again, this may be a post-paid/contract plan only?

City KArd T's & C's, Google Translate:

Register promotion by 30-Sep-54 use this promotion for 12 months for use of other promotional items. Can be used in this promotion. Rights granted under the Promotion can not be accumulated to the next billing cycle and can not be refunded their money. The fee also. Excl. If users change package. The promotion will take effect the next billing cycle.

Rates in the table above. When the phone display screen capture TOT3G TOT3G TH ACT 1900, or TOT Mobile or by calling the actual value in seconds. If calling from a network roaming. Think outside the promotion. Screen display TH AIS / TH GSM / GSM 1800 will be charged 1.25 baht / minute (a minute).

TOT3G phone signals can make calls to regular telephone number that The code starts with 02 free hours. 9.00-14.59.59. Free 60-minute maximum time limit will be charged if more than 61 minutes at a rate ranging from 1.25 baht / minute.

Rates SM SM MS Talk interface and usage of 3G. As the table above. Excess of the prescribed rate. For domestic use only.

City card service package. The user can change the promotions for free. This will result in the following month.

For those who transfer from another phone. Receive free calls a month (in 7), which will be used until the end of the six specific application package CiTYGOLD 350 baht (for customer service, TOT and the pages numbers in the system down. registration. Existing customers to cancel a pro WelcomeCiTYGOLD 350).

The fee does not include international calls. The international wire transfers. Roaming charges. Audio-text services. Charges and other special numbers. And charges that may be in the future. Calls to other countries through a number 007 and 008 will be charged according to the TOT rate to charge.

If the service is outstanding charges. Whether any case. Users acknowledge and agree that TOT and the TOT 3G. Have the right to suspend the service temporarily or permanently under the law until the user will have to pay the outstanding service that is accurate and complete.

The start date for service in the promotion, this is not a bill. The rate charged for such billing cycle. Is based on users' actual use (Pro Rate) service charge per month divided by 30.

Users are advised to study the terms of use. Rates. How to use. Service area. TOT-speed 3G Internet. A speed measuring system, in practice the rate of actual use will depend on the weather at the density of users. Volume data transmission. And quality in the receiving - transmitting device connected to the subscriber. The Company is not responsible for the speed and the consequences of being unable to connect to the Internet.

TOT 3G reserves the right to suspend or cancel the service if the user deliberately dishonest, illegal or contrary to the announcement of the government.

Users can check. Balance work and hours that www.tot3g.net. The terms and conditions at 1777 T 3, the call center.

Super Load T's & C's Google Translate:

Register promotion by 30-Sep-54 use this promotion for 12 months to get the right promotion can not be accumulated to the next billing cycle and is non-refundable. them. The fee also. Excl. The user can change the package. The promotion will take effect the next billing cycle.

Rates in the table above. When the phone display screen capture TOT3G TOT3G TH ACT 1900, or TOT Mobile or by calling the actual value in seconds. Charged at the roaming network. The screen display or TH AIS TH GSM or GSM1800 will be charged in minutes.

To call a regular telephone number that The code starts with 02 free hours. 12.00-17.59.59 am Free 60-minute maximum time limit will be charged if more than 61 minutes at a rate ranging from 1.25 baht / minute.

Rates SM SM MS Talk interface and usage of 3G. As the table above. Excess of the prescribed rate. For domestic use only.

The super-loaded package. Promotion can be effective the next billing cycle.

The fee does not include international calls. The international wire transfers. The audio text services, international roaming charges and other special numbers. And charges that may be in the future. Calls to other countries through a number 007 and 008 will be charged according to the TOT rate to charge.

If the service is outstanding charges. Whether any case. Users acknowledge and agree that TOT and the TOT 3G. Have the right to suspend the service temporarily or permanently under the law until the user will have to pay the outstanding service that is accurate and complete.

The start date for service in the promotion, this is not a bill. The rate charged for such billing cycle. Is based on users' actual use (Pro Rate) service charge per month divided by 30.

Users are advised to study the terms of use. Rates. How to use. Service area. TOT-speed 3G Internet. A speed measuring system, in practice the rate of actual use will depend on the weather at the density of users. Volume data transmission. And quality in the receiving - transmitting device connected to the subscriber. The Company is not responsible for the speed and the consequences of being unable to connect to the Internet.

TOT 3G demand the right to suspend or cancel the service if the user deliberately dishonest, illegal or contrary to the announcement of the government.

Users can check. Balance work and hours that www.tot3g.net. The terms and conditions at 1777 T 3, the call center.

Edited by lomatopo

TOT - FMD ( = F Me Dead ). I cancelled the 3G sim yonks back, paid my get out of contract early fee...... and am still getting bills every month.

Could only pay their bills before 3:30 pm, because the local TOT branch are all govt officals, who want to pack up and go home at 3+

They will be spending their 20 billion to get most likely their kickbacks, but mark my word, it will never make a profit. Just a drain on public monies.