Thai Law Against Stalking/Trespassing

lusty

Dear All, I have been harassed by my ex-GF. 53 missed calls/day, threatening mails, etc. I bet many of you have been in the same predicament...

Now that she has climbed up the fence and got in my garden, doing some small damage and trying to get in the house, the situation is becoming a bit alarming. If something like this would have happened in the US, a lawyer would take the appropriate steps to scare her, but here? I live here 10 months/year on multiple entries tourist visas, sell stuff online without a work permit, so going to the Police is not an option. And she knows it.

Can a lawyer do something? Any advice?

Thanks a lot!

If you do not want to or can not go to the police it may be best to move to another location and change your Sim card.

Based upon the fact that you have advised that you work online, it seems that your job does not hold you in any one place, so this may be a viable option.

If you do not want to or can not go to the police it may be best to move to another location and change your Sim card.

Based upon the fact that you have advised that you work online, it seems that your job does not hold you in any one place, so this may be a viable option.

Not only a viable but the ONLY option I believe, unless you own the property.

Yermanee :jap:

As others have said: move!

If she knows that you are illegally working she might tell immigration (from what you say she seems the type capable of doing it) so either move to another country or get a work permit fast. I recommend the first option which seems much easier to me.

What is the cause of this harrasement? Surely it can't be that she still loves you so much that makes her take these actions. I think there is more to this thing than you have posted.

Most likely he hasnt paid her "salary"...:whistling:

Guess you're right. B)

What is the cause of this harrasement? Surely it can't be that she still loves you so much that makes her take these actions. I think there is more to this thing than you have posted.

Guess you're right. B)

As the old song goes...money make the world go round...:lol:

Guess you're right. B)

As the old song goes...money make the world go round...:lol:

Diamonds are a girls best friends.... may stop her harassing him :D

Make sure you are not giving her any attention at all. Change the phones, change your locks, do not respond to messages, block email accounts. If she continues to violate boundaries, call the police. People who are dysfunctional to the point of stalking sometimes take even negative attention as encouragement.

had (having) the same problem. MOVE away ( I did) and yes she of course wants money (mine does) but if you give it to her it will just show her that you have it and are willing to part with it and then of course she will want more ( mine aint getting crap)!

seems to me that you could go to cops. selling stuff cant really be work could it? and you are here on legit visa. maybe research a bit.

if you call the cops, buy them some beer give them some tea money. she will probably be scared to <deleted> after that. if not, move!

as for phone, mine has a wonderful "silent , lights only " feature, and i can watch it flash all day long! 55555

i had my own horror story (long version) typed in but wonderful internet crashed and lost it all.

Yep, have to agree with the rest. Move and get on with your life. As long as she knows where you are she will not let up. That's what stalkers do ! In real bad cases the situation can turn violent which is what you certainly do not want especially in a foreign country with a citizen involved, and you. Don't expect any help from the Police or courts, I do not think stalking from an ex-girlfriend is very high on their priority list.

Whatever all the good advice you've had, there's snippets coming through all round and looking back on my own experience that once certain Thai ladies take such on such aggression it seems to burn into their brain for ever, and may never give up so long as you are witin reach or not. Bitterness is such a curse.

Observations:-

Money (or diamonds as someone suggested) may have a temporary fix.

Trying to talk rational sense when they are angry is absolutely foolish to even try.

Trying to resolve after she has humbled herself usually starts it all over again.

With such radically different backgrounds, who knows how long (in years) is required before each can understand how and why so many problems occur?

Even then the ability in Western thinking to "Agree to disagree" may never be accepted with many western women let alone a Thai?

Some guys have gems of Thai partners but I believe they are far and few between. It also says varying things about the guys.

"Love" is a verb, a life long commitment to on-going work not just a pretty noun word dressed up in a pretty bridal gown.

If you have faults that made her angry, so be it.

If you think about it hard and couldnt change enough, and therefore be an example for her to ever change, it could be uphill for her to change.

You still could suffer mysery waiting for the rest of till whenever.

Maybe you you need to "get while the going is good"---

Life can be hard enough witout the extra work of a volatile Thai lady.

I know it well and am stuck with the situation rather like sweet and sour dishes.

But remember it is a small world if you wan't to stay in the land of smiles.

Good luck.

"Sure it's a small world but I'd hate to have to paint it" :rolleyes:

Doesn't help you but i wish there was a stalking law for electrical depertments in large superstores.

Do not forget HOME PRO.....They are also stalkers until they see you go to the floor tile section where it might be some work to sell.......ha ha ha halaugh.gif

Well as most say move. Maybe even just move across town if you are in Bkk as in move from say Sukhumvit to Nontaburi but you have to change friends and bars....ha ha. Best to move from say Bkk to Hua Hin and yea get another Ebay account because she will be tracing your online sales I would guess.

She must be in love eh I mean she must be broke.jap.gif

How difficult can it be?

1. You hook up with a new honey and tell her you wish this other girl would leave you alone and stop bothering you and she'll take care of it for you.
  2. You introduce her to that guy who tried to cheat you on a deal back whenever and tell her he's a multimillionaire who's going to die soon.
  3. You go get one of those muay Thai babes and offer her free rent to move in with you and let her handle it.
  4. You pay a doc to give you a report in Thai that says you have aids and leave it laying around with a bank book showing a balance of 150 baht.
  5. Finally, if you want her to respect you, tell her (on your way out of town) that you have a project that will earn 5 million baht in 90 days but you need 2 million next week for a trip to _______ to finance it and you will split the profit if she can find the seed money.