Airport Stamp?

Dirk_brijs

I've no idea what time they change the stamp, midnight would make sense, but so many things are odd in Thailand.

Is an extra day that important to you? Suggests that you haven't got a dated return ticket.

Do you have a Visa or are getting 30 day permission to stay when you enter.

Be aware that if you do not have a visa, some airlines will not allow you to board the flight unless you have a return ticket

I've no idea what time they change the stamp, midnight would make sense, but so many things are odd in Thailand.

Is an extra day that important to you? Suggests that you haven't got a dated return ticket.

Be aware that if you do not have a visa, some airlines will not allow you to board the flight unless you have a return ticket

I have never been asked for a return ticket before?

I have never been asked for a return ticket before?

There's always a possibility of the first time.

Part of the requirements for immigration to allow the 30 day stay without a visa is that you are in possession of a ticket leaving Thailand within 30 days. For this reason, some airlines will only allow travellers to board if they have a valid flight out of Thailand or a visa.

About 10 years ago, i was refused at check-in at Heathrow, can't remember the airline but i had to go and buy a refundable ticket to Singapore....

It is easier these days as you can say you have a e-ticket with another airline.

Edited by dec

Your checked luggage would be at a greater risk of being pinched,

I think Striderman has a valid point especially if yours is the only one going around, it may also attract attention from the Customs. If by the time you get off the plane and if the queues are long then you may not be far off midnight anyway.

About 2 years ago, i flow with Finair from Heathrow to Bangkok. I had a return ticket but it was past the 30 days (i had no visa). They would n't let me fly, even though i explained that i could get the extra 7 days at immigration and would not be overstaying. I had to add a flight in the middle, so it looked like i was flying out of the country at a cost of 90 pounds. By the time it was sorted out, i had missed my flight. So had to sit at the airport for 24 hrs. :annoyed:

Once i got to Thailand i had to cancel the extra flight. When i rang the cancellation people they said the extra flight didn't even exist. So what did i really pay for and is it all just a scam.