Good Urologist Needed To Treat Bacterial Prostatitis

shatteredreams

Since I wish not to reveal my real identity, I registered this new alias.

I have been suffering from bacterial prostatitis that has become chronic. In my home country I was told to take painkillers, as in the urine they could not find anything - bacteria are present in my prostate however. Of course living on painkillers and waiting for the infection to spread is not an acceptable solution to me, I definitely want to get treated.

I'm thinking of going back to Thailand for >>> aggressive antibiotic<<< treatment, but I would need a place which has both the necessary equipment as well as trained and experienced professionals that have seen cases like mine before.

Because my budget is limited, places like Bumrungrad will not be playing, but non-profit and government hospitals, as well as Thai-oriented private clinics are ok.

Suggestions are welcome, and thanks for taking the time.

Edited by shatteredreams

If they can't find the bacteria in your urine how do you know you have bacteria in your prostate? Is it still inflamed? To cut to the chase, when an examination is done, does it hurt? If it is no longer swollen--assuming it ever was-- then you are making some real wild guesses. There are just so many possibilities. Managing prostrate problems and other urinary problems is an art, not a science.

By all means come over to Bangkok and dabble with antibiotics. They are available over the counter at every pharmacist. You'll not need a prescription.

But my guess is this. Your body suffered a nasty infection, and is taking a long time to recover. Your bladder, not your prostate, is the problem now. It will probably take an insufferable year. There are some superb new drugs on the market in the last few years that may well eliminate the pain and relax your bladder. Vesicare is where you should start. Give it 20 days-- 1 a day. If it works then keep using it for around a year and then stop and see if the pain has all gone. Try and persuade your family doctor to give it you.

If they can't find the bacteria in your urine how do you know you have bacteria in your prostate? Is it still inflamed? To cut to the chase, when an examination is done, does it hurt? If it is no longer swollen--assuming it ever was-- then you are making some real wild guesses. There are just so many possibilities. Managing prostrate problems and other urinary problems is an art, not a science.

By all means come over to Bangkok and dabble with antibiotics. They are available over the counter at every pharmacist. You'll not need a prescription.

But my guess is this. Your body suffered a nasty infection, and is taking a long time to recover. Your bladder, not your prostate, is the problem now. It will probably take an insufferable year. There are some superb new drugs on the market in the last few years that may well eliminate the pain and relax your bladder. Vesicare is where you should start. Give it 20 days-- 1 a day. If it works then keep using it for around a year and then stop and see if the pain has all gone. Try and persuade your family doctor to give it you.

Bacteria are present in my prostatic fluid. And yes, it is inflamed still. When the doctor checks it it does hurt. I've been taking antibiotics for many months now, but there are only a couple that the bacteria in question are sensitive to. Because these are mostly penicillin-related, I would need them to be injected straight into the infected area as penicillins don't really get into the prostate if taken orally.

What you mention in the second part, I have tried those - to no avail.

I am in China now, where they would be willing to do what I described. The only thing is I would be more happy with a treatment in Thailand for obvious reasons.

Edited by shatteredreams

Bacteriophages used to be studied mostly in Russia, but I read an article about Western doctors (I think in US) starting to use them. I'm afraid I can't remember where I read it, but possibly Discover magazine. They're a very good idea.

I knew a guy in the Philippines who had the same condition as you, and who used to keep up with the latest research. I haven't contacted him in over a year, but will email him tomorrow if you like. I'm going away for 2 weeks after that, mostly without internet access, so will ask him to post here.

Good on you for being proactive.

Edited by Latindancer