Built-In Navigation System For A Toyota Fortuner

yannic

Heard so many bad things about the Toyota Factory Navi that I opted not to order one. Instead I was looking for the option to purchase an aftermarket Navigation system.

Someone recommended to buy a Kenwood. Looking at Kenwood Thailand I can see the DNX7360BT with 7" Wide VGA Monitor with GPS Navigation System as the top of the line model. No idea of the price so and where to get it?

The car dealer however said the Kenwood would not be the best choice as it comes with Garmin GPS maps which would not be so good anymore. He recommended to use a Pioneer Audio unit and the GPS from Speed Navi. Of course he did not specify the Pioneer model. So I do not even know what model he means.

So my question, what should I get? Anyone has any recommendation or even another GPS unit which he could recommend. I thought the Kenwood is pretty good, and I guess I would be happy with it, but not sure what you guys think about it?

Also if anyone has a price for such models? I thought the Kenwood might be between 40-50,000 Baht?

Thanks for any answer.

Spped Navi is a good choice.

They have a website and the upgrades are free in the first year and not expensive after that. They use the ESRI database and the routing is good.

how does the Speed Navi work, will it be displayed on the Pioneer unit and the GPS is just in the background, or are this two units? Sorry for my lack of knowledge about this.

Spped Navi is a good choice.

They have a website and the upgrades are free in the first year and not expensive after that. They use the ESRI database and the routing is good.

how does the Speed Navi work, will it be displayed on the Pioneer unit and the GPS is just in the background, or are this two units? Sorry for my lack of knowledge about this.

There seem to be a lot of models using this software. I use the Besta CyberLearner 3 Dictionionary and it has this software on it. Unfortunately it works so well it is always in the car and I cannot use the dictionary. :angry:

Seriously Speed navi now seem to be owned by Hyundai. They have an office in BKK. It looks like Garmin and they use the same map and data as ESRI. I think that in fact there may be Garmin Licencees in Thailand...sPEED nAVI AND eAGLEgps>

On the site they have lots of models listed including stand alone and built into the car units.

I had a Worldtech unit fitted to my Yaris. A 7 inch touch screen unit that has TV / DVD / Radio / Sat nav / internet / Bluetooth hands free / reversing camera etc etc. A very nice unit that uses the Papago GPS system. Very impressed with it and the one query I had I emailed them and had a customer service person called me to answer my question within a couple of hours of sending the email. Again very impressed wit their customer relations department.

So an all singing and dancing unit was 28,000 baht fitted and that is here on Samui which is an expensive place to get anything so elsewhere probably a few k cheaper.

I did look at the Technics and Kenwood units but they were more expensive and didn't have a s many features as well.

Edited by bungalowbob

I had a Worldtech unit fitted to my Yaris. A 7 inch touch screen unit that has TV / DVD / Radio / Sat nav / internet / Bluetooth hands free / reversing camera etc etc. A very nice unit that uses the Papago GPS system. Very impressed with it and the one query I had I emailed them and had a customer service person called me to answer my question within a couple of hours of sending the email. Again very impressed wit their customer relations department.

So an all singing and dancing unit was 28,000 baht fitted and that is here on Samui which is an expensive place to get anything so elsewhere probably a few k cheaper.

I did look at the Technics and Kenwood units but they were more expensive and didn't have a s many features as well.

thanks bb that sounds not bad. Will see if I can find out more about this unit.

Anyone can say something about the Kenwood with Garmin GPS, is Garmin GPS not so good anymore, is that true? I can not believe this.

Also how about the Pioneer Audio and the Speed Navi, anyone has any infos?

Anyone can say something about the Kenwood with Garmin GPS, is Garmin GPS not so good anymore, is that true? I can not believe this.

AND

The car dealer however said the Kenwood would not be the best choice as it comes with Garmin GPS maps which would not be so good anymore.

Kenwood KNA-G420/G430 uses the Garmin GVN 53, an excellent GPS unit. In Thailand the map included would be the ESRI Thailand Street Map, the latest version being V11.1 - arguably the best Thailand GPS road map on the market.

Edited by InterestedObserver