Does Anyone Ever Get Burnt Out On This Place ?

paulian

GET OUT OF PATTAYA.

So who died and made you dictator of where people choose to live?

He is asking, so I am giving him my 2 cents.

Pattaya is not part of his problems. Every place in the world has limited things one can do and then its : Been there, Done that.

OP is having withdrawal symptoms from his former active lifestyle and would have this problem everywhere. Variety is the spice of everything in life.

If one cannot accept the "Thainess" of Thailand then being in another place in Thailand is not going to help is it?

Just my 2 cents after living here for over 25 years.

Yermanee :jap:

Pattaya can be a problem. It's not THE problem, but it can be A problem. So much extreme negativity and unhealthy things going on there. If you let it get to you or are unable to deal with such extremes day and night, it can beat you down mentally, and does so to many good farangs.

Yea, that's a good way to put it .... I am indeed having withdrawal symptoms from my career and life in LA. It was hectic, unbelievable stressful at times and many times extremely rewarding. Now that all that is gone there doesn't seem to be anything here to come even close to my prior life. The Thai's just stare at you with a look that's hard to interpret or know what they are thinking or want. Much of it is a cultural thing as back home I had no problem reading a person and almost instinctively knew if they were sincere or not. That was kind of my job. Here, it's like a different planet. and .... Pattaya is like Disneyland, it's great to occasionally visit but after a while it just bores the heck out of you. I am sure if I had a family and was out of the city my attitude would be different. This post has helped me quite a lot and I realize now, as others have mentioned, I probably will never be happy here for a long term maybe not happy anywhere until I change my attitude about where I am now in life and where I was. Thank all you guys for your input !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic