Fabrique Club

james24

300bt each for westerners...

Went there with a mate recently, got stopped at entrance, wa told about this fee, meanwhile Thai guys pull up in a brand new Merc and walks straight in. Im very far from being able to afford a car like that yet Im asked to pay. I didnt bother going in.

This duel pricing is a loads of old hat now, Im sure people are more aware of the wealth of some Thais now yet they carry on, surely this is just blatent racism, when are they gonna learn that its not us that are gonna make them rich, its their own race that are keeping them poor.

p.s how can someone who has been learning a second language since they are 3 not able to string a simple sentence together without looking like they are going to explode...

You get 300thb of vouchers against drinks though. Its to stop people going in all night and just buying 1 bottle of water between 5 people. Which happens alot in tourist nightclubs.

Yeh I guess that makes sense but do Thais really spend more on drink than a westerner in a club? The other thing was that we explained we lived here and can both speak reasonably good Thai. I guess it just pissed me off because as soon as they saw us entrance was blocked. I do however think that some insecure Thais just want some places to be kept Thai and this could also be a way to accomplish this.

I do feel a bit strange about the fact that after living here for a while, I still feel like such an outsider. I see Thai girls and lads my age and cant help but feel sorry for them as their awareness of the world is just so incomplete. You can literally see it all through the expressions on their face, it really is like they know no better. To add to this they are incredibly insecure with each other so I can only imagine the type of pressure they put on themselves when we are around. Im pretty sure that's where most of the weirdness/hate comes from, insecurity.

Edited by james24

You get 300thb of vouchers against drinks though. Its to stop people going in all night and just buying 1 bottle of water between 5 people. Which happens alot in tourist nightclubs.

Yeh I guess that makes sense but do Thais really spend more on drink than a westerner in a club? The other thing was that we explained we lived here and can both speak reasonably good Thai. I guess it just pissed me off because as soon as they saw us entrance was blocked. I do however think that some insecure Thais just want some places to be kept Thai and this could also be a way to accomplish this.

I do feel a bit strange about the fact that after living here for a while, I still feel like such an outsider. I see Thai girls and lads my age and cant help but feel sorry for them as their awareness of the world is just so incomplete. You can literally see it all through the expressions on their face, it really is like they know no better. To add to this they are incredibly insecure with each other so I can only imagine the type of pressure they put on themselves when we are around. Im pretty sure that's where most of the weirdness/hate comes from, insecurity.

You used to be able to buy a bottle of whiskey/vodka etc between your group and then the fee was waved, not sure if they still do that though. Thai's generally buy a bottle between the group when out in clubs, where as it is western culture to buy your own individual drinks. Not sure its Thai's that don't want westerners in the club, but the management may not want the trouble that we usually bring.

Thai's generally buy a bottle between the group when out in clubs, where as it is western culture to buy your own individual drinks. Not sure its Thai's that don't want westerners in the club, but the management may not want the trouble that we usually bring.

Dunno about Fabrique, but the policy at Mandagay (owned by the same family) I believe stems from not wanting the back packer and farang drunk crowd there. You know, the ones who get drunk on Chang specials elsewhere, buy one beer which they nurse all night and are too overt chasing the women..... If the staff know you, and know you spend money and behave, they don't ask for 300 Bt. Indeed, those Farangs who spend money are treated like VIPs.

Anyway, this topic is old news..... :whistling: any amount of whingeing on TV won't change the way it is.

'You can literally see it all through the expressions on their face, it really is like they know no better'

How and what?

300 to get into Fabrique is akin to paying $10 to get into a McDonalds or KFC back home. Let the wannabe Hi-So's have their pretend club. Truth be told most of them wouldn't stand a chance at getting into any decent club outside of Thailand.

'You can literally see it all through the expressions on their face, it really is like they know no better'

How and what?

300 to get into Fabrique is akin to paying $10 to get into a McDonalds or KFC back home. Let the wannabe Hi-So's have their pretend club. Truth be told most of them wouldn't stand a chance at getting into any decent club outside of Thailand.

I think I may be missing something!

Is Fabrique a 'Burger' joint?

If not a 'Burger' joint or similar why the comparrson with such establishments?

Yeh I guess that makes sense but do Thais really spend more on drink than a westerner in a club?

Yes! The guys in the Benz don't have to pay 300 baht for vouchers BECAUSE they're richer than you; they'll start by buying whiskey or lots of mixers and food. Many Farang tourists may drink a beer. Maybe two.

How and what?

I think I may be missing something!

Is Fabrique a 'Burger' joint?

If not a 'Burger' joint or similar why the comparrson with such establishments?

Sorry its called sarcasm..... ask someone who is not special needs to explain it to you. If you dont know anyone that isnt special needs PM me.

Yeh I guess that makes sense but do Thais really spend more on drink than a westerner in a club?

Yes! The guys in the Benz don't have to pay 300 baht for vouchers BECAUSE they're richer than you; they'll start by buying whiskey or lots of mixers and food. Many Farang tourists may drink a beer. Maybe two.

I agree with WTK, as I usually do. <_<

Also the 300 THB at Mandalay is not recent. I went there one time when I first got here in 2007 with 3 Thai girls and I was the only one that was asked to pay 300 Baht at the door. The girls convinced them to let me in without charge but the doormen were very unfriendly to me.

300 to get into Fabrique is akin to paying $10 to get into a McDonalds or KFC back home.

Your wit and charisma really shine through in the parallel you have drawn there. Can't remember the last time I heard such a good put down. Mind if I use that as my own, mate? :jap:

Let the wannabe Hi-So's have their pretend club. Truth be told most of them wouldn't stand a chance at getting into any decent club outside of Thailand.

Yeah! take that you god dam_n wannabe Hi-So Thais. :huh:

Stop being such a bunch of whining bitches and pay the 300B. Drink your drink coupon and enjoy the place. Enjoy the two huge club rooms and the big outdoor area. Get a table, get a bottle, and if you speak "reasonably good Thai"; get chatting. Help improve their awareness of the world, pour them a glass from your bottle, "crash glasses" and ease their insecurities. &lt;deleted&gt; it! Even each them some English while you're at it.

You never know, you might just get laid. It sounds like you both need it.

Or end up in Spicy with all the other bitter, boring farangs, spitting shit to barking bargirls.