Health Insurance With Pre-Existing Conditions

JimmyChoons

Hi All

I've been trawling the web and this forum and unfortunately I can't find an answer to my question which is:-

Is it possible to get medical insurance for a thai national with a pre-existing condition?

I know its probably a silly question and a long shot considering that most insurance companies won't touch you with a barge poll but thought I'd put the question to the floor in the hope one of the good people at TV have an answer/advice.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Normally you can get health insurence all right, but the pre-existing condition will be excluded from coverage. If for example one has diabetes, all treatment for diabetes wil be excluded, as will future complictaions connected with diabetes.

You migth get better answers in the insurence forum, so I move it to there.

Normally you can get health insurence all right, but the pre-existing condition will be excluded from coverage. If for example one has diabetes, all treatment for diabetes wil be excluded, as will future complictaions connected with diabetes.

You migth get better answers in the insurence forum, so I move it to there.

Cheers Mario, that's what I've found so far unfortunately.

Jim

A Thai national should qualify for the universal health care scheme (AKA gold card, previously the 30 baht card) and pre-existing conditions do not matter for that. Very few Thais actually get private insurance, about 95% of health care cover is via either the employment related social security scheme or the "gold card" scheme.