Pattaya-Koh Kong-Sianoukville ?

johnlexo

You will need two days to do it in by public transport.

Take a bus from Sukhumvit to Trat (6 am.) then a minivan to the border and a motorcycle taxi to koh kong centre from the border.

You will get there at around 2 pm.

There is a boat leaves Koh Kong for Sianoukville once a day at midday and takes 4 hours.

Firstly there is NO boat from Koh Kong to Sihanoukville,and hasn't been for at least 2 years.It is cancelled,it finished when the road linking Koh Kong to Sre Ambel (which is on the main Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville road) was completed with 4 bridges replacing the ferries across the rivers.It's possible to do it in one day from Sihanoukville to Pattaya,with a booked through service with a company called "Virak Buntham" This leaves Sihanoukville at around 8am and you get to Pattaya around 19.00.I've done it myself,it's a long journey involving one vehicle change at the border.I don't know if the reverse journey is available,which is the one you asked for.The method mentioned by the previous poster is doable,I've done it,but it's incredibly tedious.There are companies in Pattaya,I 'm pretty sure one is called Koh Chang Travel,that has an office in Soi Diana Inn,that have minibuses to the border for about 800THB .They leave in the morning about 07.00 .Also Malibu travel used to do it,I'm not sure if they do now.When I do the journey now I usually get a taxi to the border from Pattaya (3000THB,takes about 5 hours) and stay the night in Koh Kong.You could then get the bus to Sihanoukville the next day (which costs 6-8 USD and leaves at 08.00) .You could,if you were in a hurry,get a taxi to Sihanoukville when you arrived at the border,it takes about 4-5 hours and costs 50-55 USD.It really depends on how urgent it is to get there in a day,and how many of you there are,the more people going the more it makes sense to take a taxi

I can confirm that the boat service no longer exists. Why not drive yourself, I do it regularly on the bike, as long as you have the book in your name the border formalities are no problem and with the new road you can make Sihanoukville easily in 3 to 4 hours from Koh Kong. I'm planning on going again as soon as the weather improves. Has anyone here been on the new road recently? Just wondering if the heavy rains and flooding have damaged it at all.

I can confirm that the boat service no longer exists. Why not drive yourself, I do it regularly on the bike, as long as you have the book in your name the border formalities are no problem and with the new road you can make Sihanoukville easily in 3 to 4 hours from Koh Kong. I'm planning on going again as soon as the weather improves. Has anyone here been on the new road recently? Just wondering if the heavy rains and flooding have damaged it at all.

Air Asia sometimes do deals to PP fro less than 2,000 inclusive, you also only pay $20 for your visa rather than the normal 1,000 Baht at border crossings, then get a bus to Snooky........bus back as stated leaves about 8am and back in Patters evening..real nasty bus ride as change buses about 4-5 times but only costs about 800 baht

Firstly there is NO boat from Koh Kong to Sihanoukville,and hasn't been for at least 2 years.It is cancelled,it finished when the road linking Koh Kong to Sre Ambel (which is on the main Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville road) was completed with 4 bridges replacing the ferries across the rivers.It's possible to do it in one day from Sihanoukville to Pattaya,with a booked through service with a company called "Virak Buntham" This leaves Sihanoukville at around 8am and you get to Pattaya around 19.00.I've done it myself,it's a long journey involving one vehicle change at the border.I don't know if the reverse journey is available,which is the one you asked for.The method mentioned by the previous poster is doable,I've done it,but it's incredibly tedious.There are companies in Pattaya,I 'm pretty sure one is called Koh Chang Travel,that has an office in Soi Diana Inn,that have minibuses to the border for about 800THB .They leave in the morning about 07.00 .Also Malibu travel used to do it,I'm not sure if they do now.When I do the journey now I usually get a taxi to the border from Pattaya (3000THB,takes about 5 hours) and stay the night in Koh Kong.You could then get the bus to Sihanoukville the next day (which costs 6-8 USD and leaves at 08.00) .You could,if you were in a hurry,get a taxi to Sihanoukville when you arrived at the border,it takes about 4-5 hours and costs 50-55 USD.It really depends on how urgent it is to get there in a day,and how many of you there are,the more people going the more it makes sense to take a taxi

Thanks for putting me right. I was just going off the last time I made the journey which come to think of it was more than two years ago.