Gps Bluetooth Receiver 5Hz

dec

Anyone know where i can get one of these.. preferably in Pattaya.. tried a few jobs in Tukom but got the 'no have' answer !! not sure if they knew what i was asking for thou..

Will be going to Bkk in a few weeks so might go to Whantip if i knew a shop there..

cheers

declan

>Anyone know where i can get one of these.. preferably in Pattaya.. tried a few jobs in Tukom but got the 'no have' answer !! not sure if they knew what i was asking for thou..

Not surprised. <deleted> is a 5Hz GPS receiver? The GPS L1 carrier signal has always run on 1.5Ghz. If you mean Bluetooth to connect a GPS to a phone, thats always been 2.4Ghz. You'd need to be more specific.

I dont think its 5Hzs.

I am looking to install an lap timer app on my phone.... most apps specific "support for External 5/10hz GPS receivers"...

maybe 5-10Ghzs

GPS operate in the 1.5GHz space

The 5Hz is probably the data update rate from the GPS to the attached device. The usual stanard is 1Hz. The required update rate will depend on a lot of things, including the chip set in the GPS.

The real difference is how far can you travel in 1 second or 0.2 second - in a car or on foot not very far

GPS operate in the 1.5GHz space

The 5Hz is probably the data update rate from the GPS to the attached device. The usual stanard is 1Hz. The required update rate will depend on a lot of things, including the chip set in the GPS.

The real difference is how far can you travel in 1 second or 0.2 second - in a car or on foot not very far

thanks for the clarification, yes, its the update rate i want to improve...its a lap timer app that I want to use with a track bike so the difference between 1 sec and 0.2 is actually quite a lot :)

@ digitalbanana, if you don't know anything about a topic better you don't bother posting .. thanks

Edited by dec