Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very bad flooding in Salaya. We are trapped between Thaweewathana road and Salatammasop roads wich turned into rivers already. I have electricity at home, water is creeping slowly in house. Village is completely submerged waist deep.

I have jus moved out from mooban at putamonton sai 4. Water has entered house early in the morning. Now is waist deep everywhere and water is moving towards petkasem direction.

What about the Sukhumvit Road from Bangkok to Pattaya?

I tried to contribute earlier but maybe I have not entered my report correctly. Anyway Sukhumvit from On Nut south to Bangna has had no sign whatsoever of flooding and the road to Pattaya to the best of my knowledge is also status quo!

Take the elevated toll-way and ask the booth operator when you join it for news???

There shouldn't be anybody at the toll booth. I understand the motorway and toll ways out of Bangkok are free until tomorrow. Someone kindly confirm.

Whoever you are, I like ya! +10

Hospitals: Rutin hospitai still at high level servise- :I hope this is on topic - went to wonderful Rutnin hospital this morning Hope you never have o go there ...... bouquets to them/ i have an chorinc blindness prob:

hope you neverh ave to use it but ...Rutnin ...great hosipital

So far so good. No water around here .. for the moment. As long as the dykes hold. If not, flash floods. soi 6 ad 8 I continue to be so impressed with Rutnin Hospital and Dr Hathairat (remember her name, should you ever need i) - hope ou nrbrtnever needit. She gave me the full treatment today.

My very good expeserieceWent there this morning. Very few patients (I was no. 5). Eyes very sore. No corneal or organic damage but something going haywire with the irrigation system (tear ducts, etc.). Off to the dreaded nurses' station where they are usually sooo slooow. Very efficient for a change. Ran liquids through the systems and identified the problem. I made the mistake of speaking Thai and received lots of rapid fire Thai instructions. When I went walking off to the wrong room, the nurse realised my Thai was not that fluent. So Dr H took me off the normal eye drops as they have a preservative and with this duct issue that is not a good idea, as she fully explained (as I said I am impressed with her - she really is professional - so much better than the cattle processing oz docs I dealt with). She repeated (tells me every second time I see her and I have now been seeing her for years) that sleep is very important for eye recovery especially in my case - corneal - forget the name of the substance but it is the same as in fingernails. keratin? So, sleep a lot please, she said yet again. As usual, the cashier was the slowest service, but out of there in an hour. Felt so good I walked home. Well, I realised that although I have lots of buddhist candles (lucky for some), I don't have a torch. Where do you go to get a torch? The chinese chemist of course. I also needed a flash drive to record shows for sanity. Where? the chinese chemist, obviously. I think that guy has absolutely everything. Will see if he can arrange a ticket to Vientiane and a crate of beer tomorrow. Well, this is becoming a bit routine ... military coup - hole up in the condo ... last year's shootup and riots - hole up in the condo .... floods - hole up in the condo. And, as usual that little joint between sois 6 and 8 remains open no matter what - coups, riots, shootings, floods, etc. They must really like their job!

Just got back from a visit to Sanum Luang/ Tha Prajan / Flower Market Area.

The army / BMA has built high concrete speed humps / dykes on the road to essentially dam most of the water flowing from Tha Prajan. As such there is little flooding around the Grand Palace today compared with early days but the water level is deeper on Tha Prajan Road, almost waist-deep.

Further down at Pak Klong (Flower Market) the water just overlflowed the wall in front of the water gate a few cm at high tide, so the area was just spared any flooding again.

I will load up the photos this morning and video in this online gallery: http://smu.gs/nQ0K0j

River level is falling now and the flooding on Praram 3 near soi 50 is receding, but police are turning cars around at a U-turn in front of my condo. The problem is just a few hundred further out from us.

post-132703-0-99627500-1319947633_thumb.

Any idea if its coming out of the klongs or out of the drains?

Re. KU, there is a report now of "Floodwater gushes through Kasetsart Univ" / TANN

Can people in Pathum Thani and Don Muang update us on the water level right now?

hi hope this helps , but i live lam luk ka road klong 4 water is coming from the ransit area , our water level went up about 4 to 6 inch since this morning, in our complex right now, car park thigh hi, water is now on the gardens, and about to enter the buildings,

so in short still rising

Can people in Pathum Thani and Don Muang update us on the water level right now?

hi hope this helps , but i live lam luk ka road klong 4 water is coming from the ransit area , our water level went up about 4 to 6 inch since this morning, in our complex right now, car park thigh hi, water is now on the gardens, and about to enter the buildings,

so in short still rising

I am in Don Muang and the water has risen three inches this morning and it rained here last night too!

so in short still rising

Thanks for the update. This is not a good sign. I received confirmation Kasetsart is flooding (Like I said it would yesterday) so the water is just beginning to make its way down and if it's still building up at Pathum Thani then the worst is yet to come.

Update by SMS from Thai Visa--tollway free pass extended to November 15--drive on!!

What about the Sukhumvit Road from Bangkok to Pattaya?

I tried to contribute earlier but maybe I have not entered my report correctly. Anyway Sukhumvit from On Nut south to Bangna has had no sign whatsoever of flooding and the road to Pattaya to the best of my knowledge is also status quo!

Take the elevated toll-way and ask the booth operator when you join it for news???

There shouldn't be anybody at the toll booth. I understand the motorway and toll ways out of Bangkok are free until tomorrow. Someone kindly confirm.

Pahonyothin 66 representing--water 1.5m? in soi, now in house. I think it rose 2-3 inches last night. Water is now black and filthy. Still have electricity, but if it gets another 15 they will be cutting it off because it will reach the pole meters. Trying to arrange a boat out of here, not easy. The inlaws will watch the house and feed our dogs, but there is nothing else to be done here and it is getting pretty boring. No idea how long it will take to drain, but imagine weeks, and what a clean-up!

River level is falling now and the flooding on Praram 3 near soi 50 is receding, but police are turning cars around at a U-turn in front of my condo. The problem is just a few hundred further out from us.

post-132703-0-99627500-1319947633_thumb.

Any idea if its coming out of the klongs or out of the drains?

Re. KU, there is a report now of "Floodwater gushes through Kasetsart Univ" / TANN

Minor flooding on Praram 3 near soi 50 this morning comes from flooding of the small sois running between the main road and the river. Before this morning the water from the sois came out onto the main road and into the drains, so any flooding on the main road was very localized. This morning it appeared that the drains were full so the flooding built up a little more. Everything seems to be back to normal now. Police are no longer turning cars around in front of us. We'll see what happens around 2:45 or more likely around 19:10. The tide levels won't be as high then, but we may be getting more run off.

Hi,

We live at Moo Baan Phatsorn 13. That is about KM 50 Highway 304. Lam Pakchi / Nong Chok..

We are and have been High and dry. Village is not even pumping water out from street drainage as the drainage system is also Dry.

Driving in toward Minburri, Water is evident in the fields along the road side, but not threateningly high. Where Ramkamheang juctions with 304 (Suwintawongse) these is some (little) water but passable no problem.

We are out Further by 5 or 6 km from Minburri than Floraville which flooded earlier on.

Hope this helps.

There is a report this morning of flooding at Kasetsart University. Can anyone confirm/add detail?

Funny you should ask.

I just finished shrinking my pix from this morning's recon of Phahon Yothin and Lad Prao.

I can't comment on the Viphadi-Rangsit or Nam Wong Wan sides of Kaset, but the only water I could see from the Phahon Yothin side was in the moat just inside the campus, and it didn't look like very much

The water is still in Saphan Mai. It has now passed Tesco and is lapping at the Ramintra traffic circle, which is just beginning to get wet. Is anybody else getting turned on?

There is also some minor flooding near Infantry 11 and the canal.

I took some pix, and the ones from the moving bus aren't that good. Still, they reflect the situation at about 10 this morning. The file name is the description.

Soi Sena had no traffic visible from Phahon Yothin.

I also explored Lad Prao as far as Big C (Imperial). No sign of water on the main road.

The water does not seem to be advancing at a regular rate. I don't see how anybody could predict when/if it will reach a given area.

post-32175-0-72713900-1319950253_thumb.j

post-32175-0-98335300-1319950260_thumb.j

post-32175-0-88159500-1319950267_thumb.j

post-32175-0-85831100-1319950274_thumb.j

post-32175-0-33945500-1319950282_thumb.j

post-32175-0-87932600-1319950291_thumb.j

post-32175-0-92265300-1319950300_thumb.j

post-32175-0-65374900-1319950308_thumb.j

post-32175-0-40795300-1319950316_thumb.j

post-32175-0-86317500-1319950323_thumb.j

Are trains running to Don Muang? Is it possible to get up on the tollway near Don Muang to catch a ride into the city? Trying to reconnoiter an escape route from the Lumlukka/Pahonyothin intersection.

Edited by qualtrough

. . . the test of when a politician is lying is whether his lips are moving. Every department, party, authority and spokesperson for the opposition, the elected government, the BMA, FROC and now the water authority look like the Keystone Cops trying to operate a Cray supercomputer in zero gravity with their hands cuffed while telling knock-knock jokes to the press and passing it off as credible news.

Yes, but how do you really feel?

I thought I was old for remembering The Three Stooges and Abbott & Costello, but The Keystone Cops?

Anyway, how do people feel about reports from the south? It might help to know what cities still have hotel rooms and stocked supermarkets.

Are trains running to Don Muang? Is it possible to get up on the tollway near Don Muang to catch a ride into the city? Trying to reconnoiter an escape route from the Lumlukka/Pahonyothin intersection.

No idea about the trains, but two days ago I managed to successfully reach the tollway and got all the way to Future Park Rangsit, then took a boat to my mates house to retrieve some stuff. They have vans waiting at the tollway. Good luck, it wasn't easy getting in and out believe me!

I live on Phutthamonthon Sai 2 and it doesn't look too good.

Water is coming from the North (Boromratchachonanni rd.) and West (Phutthamonthon Sai 3)

The khlong in front of my mooban (Bang Chuek Nang) is looking to overflow.

My gate has about 10cm of water already.

The farm or (suan) next to me has water rushing in and it sounds like a waterfall!

I am going to hold out, hopefully the water will stop by tomorrow.

Looking forward to hear the morning report on your back yard water fall. Are you north or south of the east-west rail line?

No report in your area on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

I am south of the rail line, south of boromchachonanni.

I live at the intersection of phutthamonthon sai 2 rd and bang waek rd. (the middle between phetkasem and boromchachonani)

Bang waek khlong is in front of my mooban as is bang waek school.

The suan next to me is flooded. Water is filling up my yard.

The khlong is not overflowing, what is weird is the water is flowing opposite instead of away from bkk now it is flowing towards bkk.

Water is about 30cm on the roads.

Phetchkasem side is dry but the thonburi sanamluang 2 market is underwater.

No idea about the trains, but two days ago I managed to successfully reach the tollway and got all the way to Future Park Rangsit, then took a boat to my mates house to retrieve some stuff. They have vans waiting at the tollway. Good luck, it wasn't easy getting in and out believe me!

Thanks!

If you go along Ram Inthra towards Minburi, can you have check the odd soi side around KM.8?

Our neighbor said that the fields there have some water. After that, maybe go up Khu Bon Rd?

Live in Soi 5 Ramintra. Ramintra main road is high and dry. But water had creeped in at Soi 19 now's about 10cm or less. Expect to rise further but not much and fast.

Thanks!

Attached are some snaps at our house in Klong 4 Rangsit/Thanyaburu as at 1.00 p.m. 30.10.11. Now approaching 1.50 metres deep in the soi ouside the house.

post-47903-0-51212000-1319954895_thumb.j

post-47903-0-95296500-1319954913_thumb.j

post-47903-0-51807100-1319954934_thumb.j

post-47903-0-79668000-1319954947_thumb.j

post-47903-0-78679000-1319954962_thumb.j

Hi,

We live at Moo Baan Phatsorn 13. That is about KM 50 Highway 304. Lam Pakchi / Nong Chok..

We are and have been High and dry. Village is not even pumping water out from street drainage as the drainage system is also Dry.

Driving in toward Minburri, Water is evident in the fields along the road side, but not threateningly high. Where Ramkamheang juctions with 304 (Suwintawongse) these is some (little) water but passable no problem.

We are out Further by 5 or 6 km from Minburri than Floraville which flooded earlier on.

Hope this helps.

So does that mean that 7/9/304 is still a viable route to and from Issaan into central BKK and Swampy? Important as 304 feeds the four roads north out of Prachinburi and Sa Kaeo provinces.

It looks still clear on the flood map, as does the alternative 'feeder route' 7/9/305/33.

Loads of people have returned to this Issaan village from their jobs in BKK. Much Lao Khao being consumed and a continuing interest being expressed on routes back to the big city.

Edited by SantiSuk

Thanks!

Attached are some snaps at our house in Klong 4 Rangsit/Thanyaburu as at 1.00 p.m. 30.10.11. Now approaching 1.50 metres deep in the soi ouside the house.

Thanks for posting those photos philip500. The current situation doesn't look good in that area. I hope the water levels in your home don't get anywhere near that.

In a related bit, the UN and several individual member nations are donating satellite time to the Thai government so they can image the multiple crises and track water better. Hopefully tomorrow (or sooner) we will have better access to satellite imagery in real time or with frequent updates throughout the day. .

Not current, but a nice gif animation showing floods for most of October.

http://www.gistda.or...d_animation.gif

Hi,

Hope this helps.

So does that mean that 7/9/304 is still a viable route to and from Issaan into central BKK and Swampy? Important as 304 feeds the four roads north out of Prachinburi and Sa Kaeo provinces.

It looks still clear on the flood map, as does the alternative 'feeder route' 7/9/305/33.

Loads of people have returned to this Issaan village from their jobs in BKK. Much Lao Khao being consumed and a continuing interest being expressed on routes back to the big city.

Yesterday my next door neighbor left with his family to Issan. He called and said he got thru fine.. but not sure what rout he took

Please reread my first post. Thats whats happening now. As I predicted. The incomming flood was slowed and built up. Now as the tide goes back the downflow towards the sea will speed up and then meet the deichs. Then lets guess.¿

I found a good, probable quite updated flood map. It’s all in Thai, but it shouldn’t be difficult to imagine what is water.

Se: http://203.150.230.27/FloodMap/index.html?search=&locate=&xmin=11105110.04837066&ymin=1518928.8106264025&xmax=11303081.95162934&ymax=1639852.1893735975

You can zoom yourself around the map.

I think that map needs to be taken just as a guide.

i.e. In my local area it shows roads as partially flooded that I know are dry as a bone, and roads as clear that have been under a few inches of water for a week or more.