My Maenam Serenity

If you mean the market set up opposite Samui Cable TV, then they seem to come round every 6 weeks or so!

I'm not sure, it is near Soi 3. Well every six weeks is not too bad I guess, I'll just have to join the next time, cheers Bluebell

If you mean the market set up opposite Samui Cable TV, then they seem to come round every 6 weeks or so!

I'm not sure, it is near Soi 3. Well every six weeks is not too bad I guess, I'll just have to join the next time, cheers Bluebell

unless they are every six weeks, for two weeks at a time !, then just move over the road..

but i dont mind the markets, but as you mentioned it is the music they play to god knowes what hour, i would mind if it didnt sound like a straggled cat..

but what can you do ?

unless they are every six weeks, for two weeks at a time !, then just move over the road..

but i dont mind the markets, but as you mentioned it is the music they play to god knowes what hour, i would mind if it didnt sound like a straggled cat..

but what can you do ?

You could alway go back to your own country? :whistling:

I live several hundred metres up Soi 1 and it's been driving me nuts too.

Interesting point about losing face here ... the very fact that they can't sing a note and sound like cats being tortured doesn't cause them to lose face. But it's only because nobody tells them this. If the audience started throwing bottles then the singers would lose face and not want to sing any more. But for anyone to criticise them means that they (the complainers) are being impolite and thus they'll lose face. It's a no face-loss circle-jerkle. :jap:

R

Edited by robsamui

but what can you do ?

You could alway go back to your own country? :whistling:

I live several hundred metres up Soi 1 and it's been driving me nuts too.

Interesting point about losing face here ... the very fact that they can't sing a note and sound like cats being tortured doesn't cause them to lose face. But it's only because nobody tells them this. If the audience started throwing bottles then the singers would lose face and not want to sing any more. But for anyone to criticise them means that they (the complainers) are being impolite and thus they'll lose face. It's a no face-loss circle-jerkle. :jap:

R

If the audience started throwing bottles

haha , reminded me of this clip, but hey throwing bottles made them change there music :whistling:

Lucky for me I'm out of ear shot of this... :)

.... but my blight is my landlady has so many clucking chickens, that get "cockadoo a dooing any hen will do" starting at about 6 am ....We are not amused anymore... !!!

I've had a few rants at her about taking or borrowing things lately, I think she has already lost face, as she does not smile anymore....(oh dear!) quite honestly dahling, I don't give a dam_n ....

I'm not sure what would happen if I bitch about the chickens too..... although the thing about having chickens pecking around they do eat the grubs in the garden... organic fertilizer too, I suppose! ;)Catch 22 on that one, I guess!

R

laugh.gif "no face-loss circle-jerkle" that's gold

Monday night and the cats are still being tortured . . .

The wind must be in the right direction (or else someone from TV might have cut the cones out of their speakers overnight) as it's lots quieter tonight.

'Cept now the bloody farangs 4 houses away are having a party . . .

Least I don't got no alarm chooks . . .

I love this island . . .

(I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island . . . )

R

What was the band that sung . . . "no farang no cry? . . .

Edited by robsamui

I am not familiar with another place in Thailand that routinely disregards the thoughts or feelings of others with loud music like is done in Samui. I mean not giving a <deleted> is pretty much de rigueur in this land, but the loud music thing borders on bald-faced assault. It is about as blatant a statement of, "I don't give a good godddamn about you all," as you could find.

What is it about Thais on Samui?

I am not familiar with another place in Thailand that routinely disregards the thoughts or feelings of others with loud music like is done in Samui. I mean not giving a <deleted> is pretty much de rigueur in this land, but the loud music thing borders on bald-faced assault. It is about as blatant a statement of, "I don't give a good godddamn about you all," as you could find.

I would rephrase quick smart, a lot of the culprits are foreigners.

The wind must be in the right direction (or else someone from TV might have cut the cones out of their speakers overnight) as it's lots quieter tonight.

I love this island . . .

(I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island I love this island . . . )

R

one two one two . . .

Cos I remember when we used to sit

Outside the 7 in Lamai

No dosh no money but well-pissed

And we would mingle with the lost and lonely

Bar girls we’ve had and eardrums lost along the way

In this bright country you can forget your way

So plug your ears I say

No native no sing,

No native no sing,

Sad farang don’t shed no tears

No farang no cry

tuppa-dum-tum-dum . . .

verse 2 about early morning chickens please . . . (any suggestions for verse 3?)

Edited by robsamui

I love this island . . .

R

Live bands are there for small fairs the first 2 nights & perhaps the last one.

I love this island . . .

R

Live bands are there for small fairs the first 2 nights & perhaps the last one.

It's actually the howlers on the open mike being superstar karaoke idols for 5 mins of excruciating fame - 5 days and counting . . .

R

Edited by robsamui

AHEM (polite cough)

The biggest and most thoughtless source of universal eardrum agony is not the Thai fairs - on an ass-pain scale of 1-10 they come in at about 3 and are quite pleasant in an ethnic and objective way . . .

It's the whitie parties. It's the Koh Som and Lakeside thrash that go on until past dawn - there are probly others that I'm not up on.

I'm on Soi 1 in Mae Nam and I can/could clearly hear Koh Som.

These "Moon" parties rate on the AP-Scale somewhere around a 15 . . . minimum . . .

R

AHEM (polite cough)

The biggest and most thoughtless source of universal eardrum agony is not the Thai fairs - on an ass-pain scale of 1-10 they come in at about 3 and are quite pleasant in an ethnic and objective way . . .

It's the whitie parties. It's the Koh Som and Lakeside thrash that go on until past dawn - there are probly others that I'm not up on.

I'm on Soi 1 in Mae Nam and I can/could clearly hear Koh Som.

These "Moon" parties rate on the AP-Scale somewhere around a 15 . . . minimum . . .

R

Speaking of which - this is the only Moon party I wouldn't want to complain about . . .

(faces, patches, colours and testicles blanked to protect the innocent . . .)

R

post-4665-0-79167500-1318870744_thumb.jp

Edited by robsamui

Could be a Chak Phra Fair since it is Chak Phra...

as for the idea that noise only exists in Samui. all I can say to that is LOL. :P

Yeah come on now, it's not just a Samui thing.... I once stayed on a small island off Krabi, (area) Generator came on at about 6 pm went off about 6 am.... the load music never stopped all night long.... :realangry:

I've run in to this in Chaing mai too, but at least that quit a 4 am.... Good reasons not to return to some places... :bah:

No caterwauling tonight..........peace and quiet all around. :)

Hopefully that's it, 5 nights is enough to endure or do they take a break and start again before the fair ends?

Hopefully that's it till after the rainy season!

Phew!

R

• 2 months later...

No caterwauling tonight..........peace and quiet all around. :)

Hopefully that's it, 5 nights is enough to endure or do they take a break and start again before the fair ends?

Hopefully that's it till after the rainy season!

Phew!

R

Joy to the world the market is back! guitar.gif