Local Google Maps Upgrade?

sceadugenga

My place is now crystal clear. Well Google Earth crystal clear. This has been the second resolution change for my area. The first one was about three years ago and the second only just recently, but I dare say the snapshot was taken several months ago, as I can see my new (then) white gravel drive way.

VF, I can finally see your house

Saw this on the CM forum about a new north thai map. Looks pretty good. It seems to be a single page water proof map that would be great for exploring the north. Not sure if a SE-ED store here in CR?

This from the forum:

The map can be purchased from Rider's Corner Bar & Restaurant, Chiang Mai, C & P Bike rentals, Chiang Mai & will be distributed to various outlets in the coming week. It will also be available at the SE-ED book shops in all the shopping malls shortly - great that we got their validation.

Website to see a review of the map:

http://rideasia.net/forum/the-rideasia-net-north-thailand-road-off-road-map-t806.html

I'm more than happy with my Golden Triangle Riders "Loop" map, agreed it's not waterproof but I don't intend to read it in the rain anyway.

No doubt bikers will find the new one useful.

I'm a fan of the GT Rider maps as well. They'll be hard to beat for convenience & practicality.

I'm more than happy with my Golden Triangle Riders "Loop" map, agreed it's not waterproof but I don't intend to read it in the rain anyway.

Scea, if you had not been that cheap when you bought the map for 150 baht and instead paid 250 baht then you had got one that was laminated and waterproof!

For everyone else, you can find it at ST-motorcycle on Yet Jod, 50 m south of the New Clocktower.

B):ph34r:B)

Sceadugenga emphatically denies any accusations of cheap charlieness. :o;)B)

I bought three at the restaurant just east of the Golden Triangle complex last year and gave two to friends who were with me, I wasn't aware that waterproof versions were available but they still made nice souvenirs for my travelling companions.

I like the idea of getting a laminated one though, it would look nice on the wall over my desk.

Scea, if you had not been that cheap when you bought the map for 150 baht and instead paid 250 baht then you had got one that was laminated and waterproof!

For everyone else, you can find it at ST-motorcycle on Yet Jod, 50 m south of the New Clocktower.

OR Chiang Rai Saddlebags!

OR Chiang Rai Saddlebags!

I visited CRSB last time I was home and you just reminded me that I completely forgot about buying some maps from them....