Work Permit Medical And Blood Tests

Pilchard

I can only tell you about Chiang Mai and reports on Thaivisa from several other areas of Thailand and that they are now requiring the blood test for syphilis. Did mine recently and brought the standard 'you're breathing, ok finished' type of certificate and it was refused and a letter outlining the requirements handed to me. Never required before.

It cost 200 Baht to do it - 100 for the Doctor and 100 for the lab work on the blood.

I can only tell you about Chiang Mai and reports on Thaivisa from several other areas of Thailand and that they are now requiring the blood test for syphilis. Did mine recently and brought the standard 'you're breathing, ok finished' type of certificate and it was refused and a letter outlining the requirements handed to me. Never required before.

It cost 200 Baht to do it - 100 for the Doctor and 100 for the lab work on the blood.

Thanks for that ,I'll get the blood test done to be sure.

Bangkok Pattaya hospital it is then I reckon ....

Mine cost 100b with "No Syphilis" written on it and no need for any tests (other than the wallet test)

Mine cost 100b with "No Syphilis" written on it and no need for any tests (other than the wallet test)

i got mine at the medical centre in Soi Khaow Noi near Tops. I think it cost b200 but can't be certain.

I have lived and worked in Thailand for ten years renewing my work permit each year. Normally the medical test is no problem but this year the rules have changed and I was turned away from several clinics who said they did not have the facilities to carry out the blood test. These clinics have given me a certificate in the past.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Try the clinic at the start of Nuenplubwaan - as you come off the S'vit it's approx 300m on the RHS. It was 200THB for the certifcate and the blood work - as I understand it now all new applications and renewals require actual blood results no more "just sign here"! Address 24/61 M.5 Soi Nerplubwaan.

I got mine done in January at Samitvej in Bangkok- they just provided a letter saying no Syphilis, but i did not actually have to submit blood test results to the one stop shop.

Last Monday got a new medical cert for drivers licence renewal done in Pattaya, just off Soi Diana for 100 baht. The doctor just asked a few questions, wrote out the certificate and made some vague attempt at checking my blood pressure on some archaic machine. I have a history of high BP, but he told me mine was perfect and Samiitvej were incompetent. I know up to a few months ago he was still providing acceptable certs for work visas, without doing actual blood tests.

Hi,

Try the clinic at the start of Nuenplubwaan - as you come off the S'vit it's approx 300m on the RHS. It was 200THB for the certifcate and the blood work - as I understand it now all new applications and renewals require actual blood results no more "just sign here"! Address 24/61 M.5 Soi Nerplubwaan.

Sooner the better IMHO sad.png

• Like 1

i got mine at the medical centre in Soi Khaow Noi near Tops. I think it cost b200 but can't be certain.

I have lived and worked in Thailand for ten years renewing my work permit each year. Normally the medical test is no problem but this year the rules have changed and I was turned away from several clinics who said they did not have the facilities to carry out the blood test. These clinics have given me a certificate in the past.

Any updates on this?

I need to get my medical certificate on Monday - is the medical centre in Khao Noi a good option?

Many thanks,

Tom.

got mine done there as well, they actually do take blood!!!

Hi Tom,

Yes I went 4 months ago and got everything I needed - you got to hit it when the Doctor is there though as I agree the reception staff can be a bit "vacant" . Phone number is 038428517 you might want to check he is there before you go. Hope this helps. Suzie