Water Heater For Condo

ezzra

Hi,

my current bathroom water heater ( an old Panasonic DH-333) doesn't have good water pressure, my condo is on the 39th floor in a condo in Sukhumvit and i Need to know what water heater unit can has a good water pressure,

I'm a bit confused with all the many models available and the different specs, i have a good water pressure

to the rest of the unit except for this unit, the unit is in good order and not blocked,

I like to have a good pressure when i showering,,,

Thanks,,,

If you have good pressure everywhere else check your heater for flow restrictors and clean your shower head.

If you do decide that a new heater is the solution, there are loads to choose from, have a look in Homepro, big names like Stiebel Eltron are the ones to go for.

Before jumping in, check the rating of the breaker that feeds the heater and the size of the cable used, these will be the limiting factor for the power of your new heater, more Watts means more hot water (and hotter wires if they're under size). Look on the cable going to the heater, there should be markings in squ-mm or mm2, let us know here and we can advise on the maximum heater you can use without replacing the wiring.

For your safety, you MUST ensure the heater is correctly grounded and it's advisable to install an RCD (Safe-T-Cut) if you don't already have one.

As Crossy said but bear in mind with these instant water heaters if the flow of water is too fast the water will not heat, so no matter how good your pressure is the flow through the heater will always be restricted :(

If you, or anyone else that happens to be passing, is having actual pressure problems try a unit with built in pump.

We've had an old National unit for about 10 years that's still going strong.

post-35075-0-21382400-1318933773_thumb.j

:)

Edited by Daffy D

As Crossy said but bear in mind with these instant water heaters if the flow of water is too fast the water will not heat, so no matter how good your pressure is the flow through the heater will always be restricted :(

If you, or anyone else that happens to be passing, is having actual pressure problems try a unit with built in pump.

We've had an old National unit for about 10 years that's still going strong.

post-35075-0-21382400-1318933773_thumb.j

Thanks guys,, the unit with a built in pump sound a good solution to my problem,

what is the make and the model of that pump please??

Thank you,,

The unit we have is a National DH-3AP1 But as I said it's about 10 years old so doubt that model is still available. There's sure to be other makes and models out there.

These instant hot shower units come complete with shower head. Changing head will not increase the flow or if it does you'll get cold water ;)

:)

After a comprehensive search i have settled for the SIEBLE ELTRON DHCE-6

( b.7,290 )as being the most suitable for my need and that because i'm using

a mixer water tap and as such very few choices are available if you have

a mixer tap and not 2 separate taps,,

Thanks for the input guys..

Looks like a good unit.

At 6.6kW you need to ensure that the supply cable is at least 4mm2 and the breaker is 30A.

Please do not just uprate the breaker on a too small cable. Check that an earth is provided.

If you don't have an RCD take the opportunity to install one.