Where To Get Yearly Physical?

lukeskywalker

You can also try Rajavej hospital. I think its a bit cheaper than Ram and they have a pamphlet for the different kinds of medical examinations that they offer. You might even get a discount if you bring Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi Wan and Princess Leia along and have it all done together :)

You can also try Rajavej hospital. I think its a bit cheaper than Ram and they have a pamphlet for the different kinds of medical examinations that they offer. You might even get a discount if you bring Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi Wan and Princess Leia along and have it all done together :)

McCormick Hospital seems pretty reasonable too: http://www.mccormick.in.th/mc/eng/checkup-en.html

http://www.healthcaremedicalclinic.com/

Dr. Morgan comes highly recommended by many TV posters as a caring individual who speaks good English. I'm just about to make an appointment with her myself. I last went to the Special Medical Services Center (Suthep Road) where the cost for the most comprehensive list of tests was about 5000 baht. Dr. Morgan I guess is about the same. Dr. Greg ,the American doctor is not at Sripat at the moment ,so essential communication of the results could be problematic. At my last reckoning RAM was about three times the cost.Dr. Morgan happily replies to email questions and would give you a quote.

i got my physical at Samitivej in July, fairly routine, run out of their Wellness Center, but not overly impressed.

my wife got her's today at Bumrungrad, and she said it was ok too.

these two hospitals (along with Bangkok Hospital) cater to a lot of the expat crowd in bangkok.

another consideration might be price, depending upon if your employer or insurance will pay for it.

Edited by robanywhere

http://www.healthcar...icalclinic.com/

Dr. Morgan comes highly recommended by many TV posters as a caring individual who speaks good English. I'm just about to make an appointment with her myself. I last went to the Special Medical Services Center (Suthep Road) where the cost for the most comprehensive list of tests was about 5000 baht. Dr. Morgan I guess is about the same. Dr. Greg ,the American doctor is not at Sripat at the moment ,so essential communication of the results could be problematic. At my last reckoning RAM was about three times the cost.Dr. Morgan happily replies to email questions and would give you a quote.

The thing I like about Dr. Morgan, is that when the blood work comes back, she explained in detail what the 'bad' numbers represented and the way forward to make them 'good' again. She also goes over anything that is borderline and gives advice on this. I've been to other places and e.g. if something was just under or over, they would mark it 'normal', whereas Dr. Morgan flags it for attention. I really can't say enough good things about her.

The thing I like about Dr. Morgan, is that when the blood work comes back, she explained in detail what the 'bad' numbers represented and the way forward to make them 'good' again. She also goes over anything that is borderline and gives advice on this. I've been to other places and e.g. if something was just under or over, they would mark it 'normal', whereas Dr. Morgan flags it for attention. I really can't say enough good things about her.

+1

I've had physical exams at both Sripat (2X) and at Dr. Morgan's clinic (2X). I think Dr. Morgan may be a tad more expensive but to me it's worth it. Like the others said, she explains everything. She is also much, much more thorough than even the most senior CMU doctors at Sripat. Some of them won't even get out of their seats to examine you. They rely completely "on the numbers". Dr. Morgan is real hands on, checks for everything, leaves no stone unturned.

I've just come from Dr Morgan (2 shots in my backside! ouch!)

Great doctor, great English/understanding

very up to date with current stuff

and cute too :)

Win win win win!

David

........and she reads TV wink.gif

Not sure if thats a negative or a positive !!! but she is a very good doctor and for professional care I would suggest hard to beat.

I am fed up with the snide remarks with anything medical in Thailand.

Any hospital that more than 75% of the staff speak English are perfectly competent. Any of the RAM hospitals are fine.

In fact I have been to some places that do not speak much English with my wife as a translator and I find the doctors competent.

There are some Gov't hospitals that you just stay away from. The locals know.

Some farang just want the hospitals and doctors to be like they are, wherever they come from.

I am fed up with the snide remarks with anything medical in Thailand.

Any hospital that more than 75% of the staff speak English are perfectly competent. Any of the RAM hospitals are fine.

In fact I have been to some places that do not speak much English with my wife as a translator and I find the doctors competent.

There are some Gov't hospitals that you just stay away from. The locals know.

Some farang just want the hospitals and doctors to be like they are, wherever they come from.

Somehow I missed the snide remarks in this thread.

How much did Dr Morgan charge you for the tests and office visit?

How much did Dr Morgan charge you for the tests and office visit?

I think Dr. Morgan charges about 5-7K for a physical exam; depending on your age, what tests you may need, etc.

Does anyone apart from Americans actually get this done?

Why would it be only Americans who get physical exams?

Part of the American Insurance, medical, consumer scam.

I didn't realise other nationalities were being taken in, power of Hollywood I guess.

What's the scam part of an annual checkup?

I didn't realise other nationalities were being taken in, power of Hollywood I guess.

I don't have insurance but the benefits of a periodic screening exam certainly outweigh the costs and minor risk exposure (X ray exposure, nosocomial infection/injury, misinterpretation etc.) IMO. The appropriate interval should be based on one's age, health and other risk factors.

Yea, last year's hit move "I Died of Prostate Cancer Because I Didn't Catch It In Time" won 3 Oscars!

Yea, last year's hit move "I Died of Prostate Cancer Because I Didn't Catch It In Time" won 3 Oscars!

:lol::cheesy:

What's with this "Dr Morgan" thing? Why don't you just call it Health Care Medical Clinic, as that's the name of the place.

You mean like when I went to see Dr Paiboon at Ram I should have said;

Went to see Ram

Ram examined me

Ram diagnosed X

Ram gave a prognosis

Ram prescribed medication etc?

What's with this "Dr Morgan" thing? Why don't you just call it Health Care Medical Clinic, as that's the name of the place.

You mean like when I went to see Dr Paiboon at Ram I should have said;

Went to see Ram

Ram examined me

Ram diagnosed X

Ram gave a prognosis

Ram prescribed medication etc?

No, I mean like in posts #2, #3, #4 and #6.

Not sure what happened there ! Semper it might have escaped you but Dr Morgan is the ONLY practioner at the Health Care Medical Centre at Hang Dong. Thats why many of us are happy with the personal and professional medical assistance she provides and refer to her by name. Is that such a big problem for you ?

Not sure what happened there ! Semper it might have escaped you but Dr Morgan is the ONLY practioner at the Health Care Medical Centre at Hang Dong. Thats why many of us are happy with the personal and professional medical assistance she provides and refer to her by name. Is that such a big problem for you ?

Touchy, are we?