Immigration Bangkok

Do not know the van travel time but not too far but may have to adjust route due local road conditions.

Under normal conditions, how long does it take for the van to travel from Mochit to Gor Dor Maw ?

take a taxi, more simple..................

BKK Post said the Government Center on Chang Wattana was being used as an evac point for flood refugees so sounds like it is open.

Remember, you can extend a visa 30 days before it expires, so probably better to go now rather than wait.

Mac

Do you mean if my 60-days ends 10 Dec 2011, i can do my 30 days extension around 9 Nov 2011? If yes, what would my last day of stay for this extension?

Thank you in advance

Do not know the van travel time but not too far but may have to adjust route due local road conditions.

Under normal conditions, how long does it take for the van to travel from Mochit to Gor Dor Maw ?

take a taxi, more simple..................

It's expensive with the anticipated traffic jam.

Of course you will be penalized for any overstay, don't expect any sympathy or change in immigration requirements because of the temporary flood conditions, especially since the office is open and operating. As I and others have stated, road traffic is affected by parking on roadways only, there is no water or flooding on the road between Mo Chit BTS and the government offices complex. The vans should be operating as long as there is no flooding. Good idea to go on Friday, don't wait, go early. Once inside the offices, things are functioning normally.

Any update on the situation @ Immigration Building ?

I'm going to report to the office tomorrow, drop at Mochit and catch a mini van. Not sure if the mini vans are operating. Normally long is journey from Mochit to Immigration Building ?

And if I'm prevented extending my visa because of flood, will I be penalized for overstaying ?

Just at the immigration. Traffic is no problem. Went on the tollway.

About 1 km before immigration the street is A LITTLE BIT flooded. Easy to pass.

In the immigration business as usual. Just some shops in the basement are closed. Could be difficult for yor mia to buy some new clothes. ;-)

Do you mean if my 60-days ends 10 Dec 2011, i can do my 30 days extension around 9 Nov 2011? If yes, what would my last day of stay for this extension?

Thank you in advance

10 Jan 2012, you will never loose days by doing it early.

Thank you in advance

10 Jan 2012, you will never loose days by doing it early.

sorry i dont understand your reply. would you like to eleborate? thanks

I took a taxi from Mochit to Immigration. The traffic was free flow and it took a little more than 10 minutes to reach Immigration. It costs me 97 baht while minivan would have charged me 150 baht.

The street was dry all the way from Mochit to Don Mueang and Immigration.

On my return I had to make a U-turn and the direction toward Muangthong Thani was jammed because of water overflowng from the Prapa Canal. I just read Nation and it says Chaeng Wattana road outside Immigration has been hit by 20-40cm flood.

Field Report

I just returned from Bangkok Immigration Office on Chaeng Wattana. Drive there myself at about 10:00 from Silom (after visiting Bangkok Bank) via vibhavadi rangsit road - no traffic and no flooding.

I made an extension of visa (retirement) and 90 days report. There is only one working copy machine at the ground floor.

Everything went smooth and took me about an hour.

Edited by Condo_bk

I took a taxi from Mochit to Immigration. The traffic was free flow and it took a little more than 10 minutes to reach Immigration. It costs me 97 baht while minivan would have charged me 150 baht.

On my return I had to make a U-turn and the direction toward Muangthong Thani was jammed because of water overflowng from the Prapa Canal. I just read Nation and it says Chaeng Wattana road outside Immigration has been hit by 20-40cm flood.

Glad to read that you follow my advice............ Yesterday, u said :"It's expensive with the anticipated traffic jam.", and today, u can feel happy to save 53 baths, Oh my lord :)

He means that you can apply for an extension a week or so early. The extension will still start on 10 Dec, even if you apply on Dec. the first.

Keep in mind that 5 and 10 Dec. are government holidays and immigration will be closed.

Thank you for the info.

Can I apply 30 days earlier, say, 7 Nov 2011?

Glad to read that you follow my advice............ Yesterday, u said :"It's expensive with the anticipated traffic jam.", and today, u can feel happy to save 53 baths, Oh my lord :)

You forgot to factor in the motorcycle trip to and fro the soi if I had taken a minivan.;) btw, I had thought that minivan would cost me 50 baht per trip. I decided to take a taxi after I realized they charge 150 baht per trip.

Anyway, your message was important. Almost everyone was telling me that the place was flooded.

Edited by thairookie